Dede defends Terri - People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just jumping off your post here. She may have never 'left the property' that day but that doesn't mean she wasn't at the school before she arrived at work at 9, and that doesn't mean she didn't meet Terri at the edge of the property and help dispose of Kyron. My theory, for the most part, has her at the property all day:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - KOIN 08.13.2010; interview with gj witness who met Terri the day Kyron disappeared

What I'm referring to are all the headlines that scream things like she was missing for 3 plus hours that day and so on. It seems like things that were assumed to be at least "close to facts"...may not be, and it's happening a little bit more. So it makes me wonder, just WHAT exactly do we know?

I imagine Dede is referring to threats against Terri, as any threats against Terri would affect anyone staying with her.

Were we told for sure what time Dede got to work?

Don't know how to bold, but I'm in question about DeDE's statement that she stayed at Terry's house for 11 days and stated that they were afraid for their own safety after getting death threats. DeDe said they. DeDe moved in around the 28th of June, after Kaine filed for divorce and the RO. To my knowledge, the public wasn't even aware of DeDe until 22nd of July, article in Oregon.com. How could she, DeDe have received death threats, if no one was aware of her at the time she was staying with Terry?

I took that to mean Terri was receiving death threats. But if I was staying with someone who was receiving death threats from random strangers, I'd be worried about my own safety too.

IIRC one verbally called to her, one called her cell. Both were wanting her to come have lunch.

I don't think those two people are the 'sources' who keep changing their story and changing the times. Those two people aren't named, but IIRC, it's the homeowner and a co-worker. At least it looks like KGW got firsthand info from them. I don't know who the sources are, or if they even live in Oregon for that matter. I just know they keep changing their story and changing the times.

I believe Dede that she never left work. I think she just went off to work on a different area on the property, didn't hear the one person call to her verbally, and just didn't answer or didn't get the call/text from the other person.

ETA:

Another person working at the home called Spicher to come in for lunch, and the homeowner called Spicher on her cell phone but she wasn't reachable. Detectives have questioned both the homeowner and the other person who was working at the home that day.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/investigators_put_pressure_on.html

She abruptly left the house about 11:30 a.m. and didn't return until an hour to 90 minutes later. :floorlaugh:

I know there are very few of us who are on the fence or on the side of innocent however that number is growing each and every day. As I have said before and I still stand by this LE is working a puzzle and IMO if the peices don't fit that it's Terri they are trying to make it fit. Her lawyer is going to have a field day with the flyers, the requesting of information 2 months later and the media leaks.

I for one hope that they are looking at other suspects.

No mention of whether the (unusual persons) are in touch with one another. I wonder if DeDe and Terri are still friends?

"There's this horror that my friend is going through," she says. "If I thought for a second that she was capable of [foul play], I would not have been there. She would not have been my friend in the first place."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413527,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

What about the MFH
, did she think she was capable of that, because it is looking like she was. jmo

Now why did you go and bring up that little inconvenient fact about TH's personality/character lol.
Also, how about the sexting and *advertiser censored* pics to Kaine's friend after losing her house and daughter and while Kyron is missing?

Something doesn't fit with Miss Dede's definition of her friend TH.

Spicher says she's told police the same thing. "They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says. "I told them everything that I knew, over and over again. But I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear."

snip

Asked about her own whereabouts on June 4, Spicher says was at a 38-acre nursery preparing for a garden tour the following day. "I never left the property that day," she says.

Spicher says she stayed at Terri's house for 11 days after Kyron vanished, and that they were afraid for their own safety after getting death threats. But she wanted to be there for Terri.

BBM This is the part that really bothers me IMO. My father was the type of man that if he didn't hear what he thought was the truth he would make you repeat it until you told him what he wanted to hear. I cannot tell you how many times I admitted to something I didn't do just so he would leave me alone. This comment should never be seen in an investigation in a missing Child IMO. It speaks to me that they are trying to make Terri the perp and when they don't hear what they want to hear or think is the truth the grill you some more.

All of this makes me wonder about the LDT and the reason why she walked out. At my age, I think I would do the same thing.

I know there are very few of us who are on the fence or on the side of innocent however that number is growing each and every day. As I have said before and I still stand by this LE is working a puzzle and IMO if the peices don't fit that it's Terri they are trying to make it fit. Her lawyer is going to have a field day with the flyers, the requesting of information 2 months later and the media leaks.

I for one hope that they are looking at other suspects.

I don't necessarily agree with the presumed innocence of either Terri or DeDe, but I certainly hope that other possible suspects are being considered. jmo

Spicher says she's told police the same thing. "They wanted me to tell them that Terri did it or that Terri knew something," she says. "I told them everything that I knew, over and over again. But I didn't tell them what they wanted to hear."

snip

Asked about her own whereabouts on June 4, Spicher says was at a 38-acre nursery preparing for a garden tour the following day. "I never left the property that day," she says.

RE: the first quotation: the last two sentences are interesting from a statement analysis point of view. Why is she using the past tense--"everything that I knew"? Everything she knew--when? And the last sentence really could be literally true but damning, if she knows something she isn't telling and she isn't telling them what "they want to hear," i.e., what she knows about Kyron's disappearance.

She never says, "I have told the truth"--about what she knows about Kyron's disappearance, TH's motives and whereabouts, etc. That doesn't mean she's lying, but she still hasn't said she isn't lying. Of course, this has all been filtered through what is probably a bull pucky interview, but for what it's worth, there's a lot she either didn't say or she said but didn't make the interview.

RE: second quotation: WTF. Seriously. Somebody is throwing a metric ton of bull pucky--either DS or the people who say she left the work site, either at 9:45 or 10 or 11 or sometime.

Now why did you go and bring up that little inconvenient fact about TH's personality/character lol.
Also, how about the sexting and *advertiser censored* pics to Kaine's friend after losing her house and daughter and while Kyron is missing?

If TMH had a secret life and friends her husband didn't know about, then I don't think it's a stretch that TMH had a part of her life DDS didn't know about.

Not directed at you but MC is not KH friend. He himself has stated that and made it clear he went to School with MC and has not seen/been in contact with him since. He appeared after Kyron went missing. A little different than being a friend. Me thinks he was more Th's pretend friend than Kh's.. Not that this is really relevant but since people find it relevant to say it was KH friend well lets just say i beg to differ on that fact.

from the CNN link above:

"Authorities remain determined to reach a successful solution," Capt. Monte Reiser said.
"We believe that Kyron's disappearance involved criminal behavior because his parents have been deprived of their son for 53 days," he added.
Young expressed confidence in the investigation saying it "continues to be on track and is progressing toward finding Kyron."

Have I lost my mind? When has LE ever talked like this? What would a "successful solution" be? (a "solution" being the answer to a problem). And it's a crime because the parents have been "deprived of their son for 53 days"? Not that Kyron might be dead? Been deprived of HIS life? Do they KNOW he's alive? Clearly, Reiser's new lens doesn't involve looking at the parents. But--what is he talking about?

You couldn't make this case up.

If DD actually WAS at work that day, wouldn't the owners of the place see the evidence of her work? Conversely, if some of her work was left undone, wouldn't they know this?

from the CNN link above:

Have I lost my mind? When has LE ever talked like this? What would a "successful solution" be? (a "solution" being the answer to a problem). And it's a crime because the parents have been "deprived of their son for 53 days"? Not that Kyron might be dead? Been deprived of HIS life? Do they KNOW he's alive? Clearly, Reiser's new lens doesn't involve looking at the parents. But--what is he talking about?

You couldn't make this case up.

This is a fancy way of saying we don't know where Kyron is, but he is not with his parents.

and a named source to boot! a big thank you to people magazine and DeDe - you go girl!

Does anyone else besides me think this is an attempt on DS's part to reach out to TH and say, "No worries, friend! I got your back and said nothing to investigators!"

Apparently their bat phones were discovered, and they probably don't feel safe to communicate with each other in any form since LE is investigating them both. How convenient it is that People mag allowed Dede to send a friendship message to her ole buddy Terri!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
D4rckfire