*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is he has a point to prove. He committed this heinous act to draw nation wide attention...he'll deliver his "message" or state his purpose to police and regardless of how crazy it may sound...it'll be written in history for ever.

Exactly like a Comic Character Villain would do !

And his old school friend from San Diego said he always cheered for the Villains.

During the night, I was listening to Coast to Coast AM on my computer because my local radio station was off for a while. Just after 3am (CT) someone called Coast to Coast to tell them about the shooting. The host made an announcement but said it was unconfirmed. I turned on the TV and none of the news shows said anything about it. I don't have cable, so depend on the networks. It took quite a while before ABC news said anything - a good 30 minutes or more. Then they ran with it, no commercials, just shocked and stunned coverage.

I just heard the shooter was an honor student in school. Interesting.

His apartment is booby trapped and the "bombs" contain some sort of liquid, according to radio news.

Unbelievable.

On a local level, we're being bombarded with rain, heavy flooding, lightning and power outages, so it's a very busy news day.

He was actually dropping out of graduate school and rumored to have not been doing well.

He graduated with honors in his undergrad work.

On the Hannity radio show just now, they played the police calls. Chilling. I could hear the shock and disbelieve in everyone's voices. Even the call about capturing the shooter in the back parking lot.

Since we were discussing pictures of JH, here is his high school yearbook picture:

A 2006 Westview High School year book picture of James Eagan Holmes is seen in Rancho Penasquitos, California July 20, 2012. Holmes is being held by police in connection with an attack that killed 12 people and wounded at least 59 at a midnight showing of the new Batman movie in a suburb of Denver
http://live.reuters.com/Event/Colorado_Dark_Knight_Shooting

Attachments

• High School Picture 2006.jpg
    High School Picture 2006.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 31
I heard in the beginning the car had TN plates? Haven't followed closely, but has that been confirmed? If he did have a car with TN plates, maybe he got some of the guns from there too.

Apparently, he liked to play Guitar Hero....

The man who slaughtered a dozen people and wounded 59 was obsessed with a video game that was anything but violent ... Guitar Hero.

We've learned ... one of James Holmes' classmates at the University of California at Riverside played Guitar Hero with the shooter all the time, and "for hours."

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/20/james-holmes-shooter-guitar-hero-dark-knight/

I actually love some of the villain characters. AS CHARACTERS! It's one thing to dress as a character for Halloween -another to live out scenes, taking lives... So sad.

I think he looked like any other high school kid actually, heading hopefully into the world for a bright future....:(

I am trying to figure out why Tenn. plates, what happened between San Diego and coming to Colorado for school. What is in Tenn? Did he have a love gone wrong, I am always looking for the "snap" factor.

What I heard just a few minutes ago was they were pulling the ad for the week-end of the movie. They were also talking about pulling the movie for the week-end.

Listening live here:

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=65071045001

One of my FB friends just posted that she was in a theatre in Washington D.C. waiting for for the movie to begin!! I wanted to ask her if she had heard about the shootings, but I thought it may sound rude, so I didn't!! It was surprising to see that though because so many other friends are posting about the shooting.

I heard in the beginning the car had TN plates? Haven't followed closely, but has that been confirmed? If he did have a car with TN plates, maybe he got some of the guns from there too.

That came out to be false.

Guns have been traced, were purchased here in Colorado in months of May and June. Two from Bass Pro Shop and Two from another store. The Glock and the shotgun were purchased at Bass Pro.

okay Two were purchased at Gander Mountain. Bass Pro has stated that he was sold the guns legally.

He was actually dropping out of graduate school and rumored to have not been doing well.

He graduated with honors in his undergrad work.

I'm a second year Ph.D. candidate (not in neuroscience), and this makes me think of a conversation that I had with a couple of my friends from school. We all agreed that it takes a bit of craziness to be a doctoral student, and that we are most likely not normal people. We were joking about it, but now I do think that a tiny part of this might be true. It makes me sick to think that there were probably many different red flags that popped up with this guy.

A Ph.D. candidate works with an advisor. Because there are not huge numbers of students in any Ph.D. program at a time, it is much easier for an advisor to keep track of what's going on with his/her students. In most cases, your advisor is a professor in your program. You are almost always known by all the faculty in your program, in addition to your advisor. It's much different from the relationship you have with your advisor as an undergrad, or even in a master's program.

I would love to know what type of conversations he had with his advisor. I have a feeling that he did display some sort of mental instability at school.

They generally do, every state has different laws but in my state if you buy more than 6 guns in a 6 months period FROM THE SAME GUN SHOP they are supposed to report the purchases to the ATF. But if you go to 5 different gun shops and buy them there isnt much they can do.

We have a 3 minute background check, thats all it takes to get a gun here, you say you want the gun they call a number and do a quick background check if nothing comes up you have the gun and out the door in about 3 minutes.

We have NO license no permits no nothing, ANYONE over 18 who is not a convicted criminal or being treated for mental illness can own and carry a gun CONCEALED. No paperwork no nothing. I am not complaining, I like that of course but sometimes the guns do fall in to the wrong hands, se FAST AND FURIOUS (not the film, a legal case nicknamed such) for one case here in Arizona where such things happened.

Yes, it works the same way in my state. We fill out a form, say we're free of felonies, mental issues, etc., show our ID, they call on the telephone giving our info, and that's it. No problems show up, purchase goes through.

Except in my state if we want to carry a CONCEALED weapon, we must undergo training and get a permit. Otherwise, we can carry in plain sight with no permit necessary.

I'm not complaining either.

Okay it is confirmed via CNN, the suspect did identify himself as "The Joker", he dyed his hair red. Per Nine news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015