Did Morphey know what he was involved in?

I wish the FBI and investigators had enough evidence to arrest Drew. I can't stand the man, and he is supposedly getting married again to another young girl. IIRC she's 22.

I can't imagine how this whole ordeal has been eating at the stepbrother. Guilt is an awful thing to have to carry around. Oh my
I thought they broke up? God this guy needs to just be arrested already.

Hmmmmmmm....there's alot of new damning details in this article. I wonder if LE is using it to put the pressure on DP. I see no other reason for TM to have given Hosey so many details. I also, do not believe that TM has not been to the grand jury. I wouldn't doubt that this is a setup by LE to get DP to attempt to "silence Morphey" before his so-called GJ appearance. :eek:

I also got the impression that there's a reason for TM to be telling his story now. I think it's very possible that LE is using this to put pressure on DP.

Also, I noticed a "no comment" by a spokesman for the state attorney's office, citing it was a pending investigation. This means that there's still an ongoing investigation. I suspect that the grand jury is still meeting, although it's likely involved with other cases at this point, but could still proceed with hearing testimony in the Peterson case if needed.

I thought they broke up? God this guy needs to just be arrested already.

I saw on dateline or one of those type shows that they are back together. I know her father isn't happy one bit about it either. That girl needs to turn the other way and run as fast as she can.

Hmmmmmmm....there's alot of new damning details in this article. I wonder if LE is using it to put the pressure on DP. I see no other reason for TM to have given Hosey so many details. I also, do not believe that TM has not been to the grand jury. I wouldn't doubt that this is a setup by LE to get DP to attempt to "silence Morphey" before his so-called GJ appearance. :eek:

Totally agreeing here--no reason at all why LE is sworn to tell the truth. If it leads to DP's arrest, lie, baby, lie.

Totally agreeing here--no reason at all why LE is sworn to tell the truth. If it leads to DP's arrest, lie, baby, lie.
IF Morphey hasn't been in front of the Grand Jury, it isn't because his testimony is considered unreliable. The G.J. would want to hear all the facts. If he hasn't been in front of the G.J, it is only because they want his testimony last. L.E. already knows what he is going to state, so they are checking out all the loose ends first so they can simulate a trial environment to see how he would hold up under attack by defense lawyers. JMO

Sounds to me like his testimony in front of the G.J. is planned at this time. That is why all the noise.

One thing I've noted..........

In telling his story, TM states how fearful he was of DP. He made a suicide attempt because he feared for the lives of his girlfriend and her three children. He went into hiding for a long time because of his fear of DP.

Now, TM is home and living with his girlfriend and her three children. But, there's been a change. He's talking to the media and wants to have his day in court to tell his story. From reading the articles, he doesn't seem to be in fear of DP as he once was.

Perhaps he feels that by making his story public, it's out there and if something should happen to him.......if he disappears or is found dead somewhere...........everyone will know who to suspect. OR, he's got police protection and doesn't have to fear DP.

I think TM may be talking to the media about what he knows in cooperation with LE. A plan to put pressure on DP. I hope we're getting close to DP being arrested.

Really, all I could think when I saw “Stacy” on the phone was he was killing her while I was standing there,” he said.

I'm sorry but, he should have called the cops at that point and if nothing else said there was a domestic dispute going on over at their house and hurry.

I can't wait for the day when I see that smirking sociopath led away in handcuffs.

I think that he meant AFTER he found out that Stacy was missing. At the time the phone call came in Tom didn't think anything was wrong.

I can't wait until Peterson is in jail! This man is the most disgusting man I have seen. Jail would be too nice for him.

One thing I've noted..........

In telling his story, TM states how fearful he was of DP. He made a suicide attempt because he feared for the lives of his girlfriend and her three children. He went into hiding for a long time because of his fear of DP.

Now, TM is home and living with his girlfriend and her three children. But, there's been a change. He's talking to the media and wants to have his day in court to tell his story. From reading the articles, he doesn't seem to be in fear of DP as he once was.

Perhaps he feels that by making his story public, it's out there and if something should happen to him.......if he disappears or is found dead somewhere...........everyone will know who to suspect. OR, he's got police protection and doesn't have to fear DP.

I think TM may be talking to the media about what he knows in cooperation with LE. A plan to put pressure on DP. I hope we're getting close to DP being arrested.

I wish it was that simple. Drew has to be one of the most dangerous men walking the earth. I don't think this will put pressure on him at all. I do believe that he thinks he has committed the "perfect" crimes. I think he believes he is above the law and that they will never catch him. Someday, Stacy's body will surface and the story will be written.

It's been 1 1/2 years so I think the story that she left with another man is pretty much gone..besides who was the missing man? Seeing this man walking free, planning a wedding and taking care of those kids makes me ill.

Just saw an ad on tonight's 20/20 that TM will be a guest on GMA Monday, ABC

Peterson and his attorney, Joel Brodsky, have repeatedly disparaged Morphey. Peterson has called Morphey an alcoholic and a "goofy guy." Brodsky said Morphey "has a documented history of severe mental illness, drug and alcohol addiction."

Morphey disputes this, and said their comments are what prompted him to agree to a TV interview.

"I'm going so the public can see who I really am," he said, "as opposed to the picture Drew and his lawyer have tried to paint of me."
http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/...230,4_JO13_Peterson-stepbrother-on-TV.article

That bugs me that TM hasn't been put in front of the GJ yet. GJ seems to have been quiet for months, at least media hasn't been talking about them. And TM's testimony does seem important, as well as his gf's (he didn't even mention that Stacey was missing???) That story about DrewP coming to the house and being told of TM's suicide attempt seems very telling to me. And there would be records to show if he went to the hospital.

One thing I have been kicking around is DrewP's experience as a cop. My belief is that the only thing worse than not having evidence in a case, is having too much evidence leading in too many different directions. IE what if DrewP did call TM and ask him to help move the barrel. But what if Stacey wasn't in the barrel? What if the barrel was a distraction meant to have LE chasing the blue barrel? But Stacey was disposed of in another way. And if LE had figured that out it could be why TM wasn't taken before the GJ. The pros doesn't want to provide a distraction for the GJ, leading them to deliberate on TM's testimony if they think it was just a distraction.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/peterson/1478438,morphey-gma-interview-excerpts-031609.article

THOMAS MORPHY: He said, how much do you love me? I said, I do. And he said, enough to kill for me?

THOMAS MORPHY: Well, he, he had mentioned the storage locker

THOMAS MORPHEY: I knew it wasn't, it wasn't good. He was planning on killing somebody.

CHRIS CUOMO: You're confident of that

THOMAS MORPHEY: Absolutely positive of that.

CHRIS CUOMO: He said, can you live with knowing about a killing?

THOMAS MORPHEY: I was scared.

CHRIS CUOMO: This never happened.

CHRIS CUOMO: That's what he says to you?

THOMAS MORPHEY: Yeah.

What's interesting in the interview is the portion with the step-brother's g/f or wife?

The day after Stacy was reported missing and AFTER Morphey had attempted suicide, Drew went to his home looking for him. He asked his g/f why she was home from work. She explained she'd been up all night because Morphey had attempted suicide.

Interesting that at no time during that conversation did DrewP mention that his wife (Stacy) was missing. :(

I'm sorry, I know this is all 'circumstantial' but don't they have a mountain (of evidence) yet?:banghead:

{spooky}
fran

I just listened/watched the GMA interview with TM. That was one powerful interview! TM seems to be steadfast in his belief that DP killed SP and that he, TM, assisted in so far as holding onto DP's cell phone and carrying the container from the house to the Denali.

I felt that TM presented himself as a very strong individual and very much counter to what DP and JB want us to believe about TM.

I think he came across as a decent person who was telling the truth.
On CNN Headline News some of the TH's tried to discredit him.
They said it made no sense for Drew to take him straight home after loading the barrel in the SUV, that Drew must have needed help unloading the barrel too.
I disagree because Drew could have easily rolled it right out, and even let it fall to the ground, but, he did need help lifting it up into the back of the SUV.
I heard that LE is no longer taking TM seriously and I'd love to know the reason for that.

I just listened/watched the GMA interview with TM. That was one powerful interview! TM seems to be steadfast in his belief that DP killed SP and that he, TM, assisted in so far as holding onto DP's cell phone and carrying the container from the house to the Denali.

I felt that TM presented himself as a very strong individual and very much counter to what DP and JB want us to believe about TM.

ITA with you Leila. That was a very powerful interview, and showed just how far Morphey has come. I hope the fact that he is giving interviews means that something is coming down the pike, and soon, for DP! Maybe LE wanted TM to do the interviews so DP would have to respond. It's my understanding that DP appeared on a local radio show and commented about what TM said about renting the storage unit. I just can't figure out why the GJ hasn't sent down a true bill yet, at the very least for Savio, if not also for SP. I have followed this case from the very beginning and hope and pray that DP is indicted soon!

On Mike Galanos show today, they commented on the fact that if DP needed TM's help getting the blue barrel out of the house and into the Denali, how did DP get it out of the car alone. Heck...the back of the Denali is above the ground, all DP had to do was roll it out onto the ground and into some body of water. Or maybe he had someone else help him at the other end, like Steve C.

I think he came across as a decent person who was telling the truth.
On CNN Headline News some of the TH's tried to discredit him.
They said it made no sense for Drew to take him straight home after loading the barrel in the SUV, that Drew must have needed help unloading the barrel too.
I disagree because Drew could have easily rolled it right out, and even let it fall to the ground, but, he did need help lifting it up into the back of the SUV.
I heard that LE is no longer taking TM seriously and I'd love to know the reason for that.

LOL!!! JINX! :dance:

TM seemed a whole lot more credible to me than DP!
I just don't understand why its taking LE so long to arrest DP!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaVonD
Back