Did someone solve Zodiac's last two ciphers?

doranchak

Reaction score
A French engineer solved two more of Zodiac’s ciphers.
Or did he?
Watch this video to learn more about a recent attempt to crack Zodiac’s remaining unsolved ciphers.

The bit about the symmetry is very intersting. I never saw the symmetry in the Z13.

I tried to break it myself but only the first two letters broke as predicted.

Since the letter was mailed on April 20 I tried the keyword AdolfHitler using a vigenere cipher and if you do use ADOLF the first two letters do come out to AE. I was using a 26 letter alphabet and unfortunately the rest of the code did not crack as I thought it may.
The reason I tried ADOLF HITLER as the keyword is because April 20 is Hitlers birthday.

There are a few interesting things that are of note in the Z18. I believed initially that the Z18 would break easily somehow to Joseph Paul Franklin which is 18 characters as well, but I was unable to find a provable solution to that.

A few interesting things to note though in researching Joseph Paul Franklin.

The National Youth Alliance which I believe he was associated with has two slogans each 18 characters long:

Free Men Are Not Equal = 18

Equal Men Are Not Free = 18

EBEORIETEMETHHPITI = 18

All three have 5 "E's" which is interesting but nothing I tried worked either.

Another solution which I theorize is: THENAMEISNOTINHERE but this is a bit of a stretch I can send how I got that if anyone wants. What is interesting there is there is almost the backward PAUL at the beginning of the solution so maybe you would need the name to get that answer?

Interesting to note Franklins birth name is James Vaughn Jr = 13 characters and if you look the "J's" are in the same positions as the "A's". I don't know if this means anything but is an interesting observation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back