• The Defense provided reasonable doubt and the jury got it right

Votes: 55 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have voted for the agg child abuse one at least. Even if you buy ICA's story that Caylee drowned in the pool, they didn't know how long or short of a time she had been in there. Even if you buy the fact that GA was there and said she was dead, he's not a doctor. And medicine and how far they can push the boundaries between life and death has changed a lot since he was a cop. Even if it was all true that they didn't know how long she was in that pool, that she wasn't breathing, that she had no pulse, they have no way of knowing that she couldn't be saved. I can't say they failed to secure medical attention for her, because under the law ICA had custody and that was her responsibility legally. ICA did not call 911 to possibly save her child and that IS abuse! And that's if you buy the accident theory. Not just drowning, but any accident. So to me, murder by agg child abuse either way. How did the jury not see that?

I am just as upset over this erdict than everyone else. And I have more feelings than not that she is guilty. HOWEVER, there has been something bothering me ever since the DT opening statement. After the DT's accusations, I went back and watched the attached video. When CA mentions that people are saying that Caylee drown in the pool, GA looks up really quick and lookss at KC. Am I just seeing things, or is he kinda raising his eyebrows when he looks at her. The way he just looks up so quick at the mention of the drowning theory just bothers me. It starts at around 2:03 in the video. I would love to know what anyone else thinks about this. I really dont believe anything the DT has said, but this just bothers me. :waitasec:

http://youtu.be/xCpCinUYFwY

I would have voted for the agg child abuse one at least. Even if you buy ICA's story that Caylee drowned in the pool, they didn't know how long or short of a time she had been in there. Even if you buy the fact that GA was there and said she was dead, he's not a doctor. And medicine and how far they can push the boundaries between life and death has changed a lot since he was a cop. Even if it was all true that they didn't know how long she was in that pool, that she wasn't breathing, that she had no pulse, they have no way of knowing that she couldn't be saved. I can't say they failed to secure medical attention for her, because under the law ICA had custody and that was her responsibility legally. ICA did not call 911 to possibly save her child and that IS abuse! And that's if you buy the accident theory. Not just drowning, but any accident. So to me, murder by agg child abuse either way. How did the jury not see that?

This is great. They should have included it in the trial. I didn't see this...I was so sure that she would be convicted of murder in the first but you are exactly right.

Juror #3 said they couldn't get past the fact they didn't know how Caylee died. If that is the case, then how could any case involving skeletal remains ever be convicted? Many times cause of death is not determined. Many times a body is never found at all. I just don't get this verdict at all.

I have to ask if this ever even crossed anybody's mind even for a second! Does anybody believe the Anthony's could of met up with Baez before the trial, and they are all in on the defense!? I know this is out there, but it crossed my mid i told my friend she was like "OMG MEEE TOO" so I was wondering if there were others. Not saying I believe it ..just that it crossed my mind!

I have thought that all along. I felt as especially CA had a very big part in any defense theory, help, strategy.

I think the entire family met with defense on a regular basis. They havent spoke to ICA in over a year or so... that IMO was on the advice of JB .. I am sure that they were in the loop and in on decision making.

Can someone help me?? I was on a thread and when I went to next page I get a message that I am not allowed to see it something. I went back to the main page and the thread seems to have disappeared or something??? Help??

Halfway through I started telling people that the state was not proving its case. I hate the things people are saying about the jurors. They were given strict instructions. They had to vote within those parameters.

Personally, I think juries should be given the following choices: guilty, not guilty, insufficient evidence to convict.

After watching #3 on nightline, I am 100% convinced these jurors did not understand their instructions AT ALL. She kept saying, "how can I kill someone if I don't even know if they killed." did she realize they had a choice in that matter? no one was saying they had to give her the DP if they convicted her. And did they realize they didn't have to convict her of 1st degree? I am very troubled by what she said. And I just flat out didn't like her. But that's just me.

Well yes, having read that, I can now say the jury got it wrong. It was originally 6-6 on the agg charge. Emotionally, all 12 felt she did it? Well, gee that should have told them something. The State did prove its case to those six jurors. They just caved and gave up on Caylee. If only that one juror at least would have held out. There would have been a mistrial and there would still be a chance for justice for Caylee.

Wow, I am so unimpressed with the jurors who have spoken up so far.

You need to look at ALL of the evidence, and make a decision if you think it means something or not. IMO, and let's be real, the defense didn't have a lot there, and were pretty incoherent a majority of the time. So basically you are looking at the prosecution and seeing if there is enough there. That is where these people went wrong. They apparently didn't think the duct tape, or the sticker, or the dogs, or the car, or the smell, or the searches, or the lies, waiting weeks to say she's missing, and so on meant anything. There wasn't enough to say 1st degree murder, I can agree with that, but there was enough evidence to convict her of another one. How in the world they could let her go with all major counts, and probably walk free tomorrow, is beyond me, but it is what it is. They will have to live with it the rest of their lives, as will Casey I would hope, but doubt highly, because unfortunately (and what is the worst part) is that she doesn't care at all, I'm more than sure.

Well yes, having read that, I can now say the jury got it wrong. It was originally 6-6 on the agg charge. Emotionally, all 12 felt she did it? Well, gee that should have told them something. The State did prove its case to those six jurors. They just caved and gave up on Caylee. If only that one juror at least would have held out. There would have been a mistrial and there would still be a chance for justice for Caylee.

Yep. I think it's nonsense that they didn't even bother to get evidence, if they were so undecided. Then they decided to just give up. Ridiculous.

Of course the jury got it wrong. We need professional jurors but I won't get into that discussion...

I know we can't go back in time, but do you know the ONE one teeny thing that was so BIG to me (and there was a LOT of evidence that pointed only to her) but the one thing was on that phone call they played in the closing arguments. When her friend gets on and she says something to the effect that if anything happened to Caylee she would die, if you listen very closely, very closely, it sounds like Casey says "Oh welll - ellll." That for me, was like too bad, too sad.

The *advertiser censored* deserves what someone is going to do to her. She won't live long. She'll either die in some drug overdose, get arrested again and this time rightfully punished or someone will off her. I give her 5 years..

Juror #3 said they couldn't get past the fact they didn't know how Caylee died. If that is the case, then how could any case involving skeletal remains ever be convicted? Many times cause of death is not determined. Many times a body is never found at all. I just don't get this verdict at all.

I saw that, too. If that is the case how on earth did Scott Peterson get convicted. Aren't jurors allowed to use their common sense. You have a dead child, a trunk that smells like decomp, a blanket, laundry basket and other items from the home and a mother that lies like a rug. How does that add up to reasonable doubt? Do they think Caylee grabbed all that stuff and put herself in that swamp?

I think that is just plain stupid. They should have used their common sense + the evidence before them. How on earth does anyone get convicted then? There isn't always DNA evidence or video of someone killing someone. They were told that the motive didn't need to be explained, and I'm fairly certain they didn't need to know how she died, just the fact that she was dead. Sometimes you just need to use common sense, logic, and the evidence. That's all that was needed here, actually. They had the evidence, but apparently no logic or common sense.

I can't bring myself to believe 12 jurors could not have common sense. Was there not one brave enough to speak up and try to convince the others? Heck, I would have been happy with a hung jury. Like all of you, I am disgusted. For the past two days I have tried to not be glued to HLN....I can't take it anymore! It's a circus....I don't even want to watch the sentencing. I hope HJP,, at least gives her some "time". It's all a travesty of justice....poor Gaylee. I live in California and agree about the SP case....we still don't know how Laci died, etc., but he is on death row here. Sorry rambling!

Can anyone tell me why the jury thinks the family was so dysfunctional? Sure the pregnancy bit is odd. But I see the whole thing as a family having a lazy, lying daughter that did not want to work. Any bothering the Anthonys did of Casey is what most families would do in that situation. What did the jury think was so odd? Unlesd you totally bought Baez unsubstantiated story that came from Casey mouth, what evidence was there of a totally dysfunctional family?

Can anyone tell me why the jury thinks the family was so dysfunctional? Sure the pregnancy bit is odd. But I see the whole thing as a family having a lazy, lying daughter that did not want to work. Any bothering the Anthonys did of Casey is what most families would do in that situation. What did the jury think was so odd? Unlesd you totally bought Baez unsubstantiated story that came from Casey mouth, what evidence was there of a totally dysfunctional family?

I agree with you about them just being a family with a lazy, lying daughter. Seems like almost all the dysfunction in the family was caused by Casey being a sociopath.

I think the jury didn't like George Anthony and made assumptions because of that. Juror #3 talked about how she didn't believe him because he wasn't cooperative with the defense or prosecution. To me it made complete sense under the circumstances why he would act like that. The prosecution is going for the death penalty for his daughter, the defense is blaming it on him, and his granddaughter that he loved is dead. Of course he doesn't like any of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ingridmc4