Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 106 12.2%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 632 72.7%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.8%

• Total voters
imo, without a shadow of a doubt, Travis was under Jodi's spell. When she decided to go on her murder mission, she called Travis in the early AM hours before leaving for Redding to get the car rental.
She stated she was going to SLC to see Ryan Burns, but will stop by and give him something. Either BMW payment, photos (since he had a bought a brand new camera and wanted Jodi to show him how to use it?). Just because we read the "angry texts" from May 25/26 does not mean there were other conversations from that time to the killing.
Travis got sucked in and he waited for her on Jun4; thinking he can have one more last roll in the hay with her before it's "really over" as is any vicious cycle relationship.
Travis did care for Jodi, but could not take her creepiness anymore.

imo, without a shadow of a doubt, Travis was under Jodi's spell. When she decided to go on her murder mission, she called Travis in the early AM hours before leaving for Redding to get the car rental.
She stated she was going to SLC to see Ryan Burns, but will stop by and give him something. Either BMW payment, photos (since he had a bought a brand new camera and wanted Jodi to show him how to use it?). Just because we read the "angry texts" from May 25/26 does not mean there were other conversations from that time to the killing.
Travis got sucked in and he waited for her on Jun4; thinking he can have one more last roll in the hay with her before it's "really over" as is any vicious cycle relationship.

You know my husband was one of those people who would get angry about something someone did, blow up at them about the wrongdoing and 5 minutes later it was a over with and it was back to discussing things normally. Some people just do not hold a grudge. I think that was Travis.

You know my husband was one of those people who would get angry about something someone did, blow up at them about the wrongdoing and 5 minutes later it was a over with and it was back to discussing things normally. Some people just do not hold a grudge. I think that was Travis.

It's about the only thing that makes sense, how else can the 3 hour agrument over "Steve" and then sometime during the span of that day have phone sex be explained where that argument wasn't even mentioned?

My husband is like that too, but unfortunately that felt very emotionally abusive to me (when it was directed at me). Ya ... he says what he wants, gets it off his chest and doesn't give ya the chance to fight back cuz he's over it. Now I'm stuck with all these horrible feelings and nothing to do with them. That's abuse and manipulation in my opinion. JMO (and my experience).

No offense intended here .... and I apologize if I have misinterpreted your post.

My husband is like that too, but unfortunately that felt very emotionally abusive to me (when it was directed at me). Ya ... he says what he wants, gets it off his chest and doesn't give ya the chance to fight back cuz he's over it. Now I'm stuck with all these horrible feelings and nothing to do with them. That's abuse and manipulation in my opinion. JMO (and my experience).

No offense intended here .... and I apologize if I have misinterpreted your post.

Wasn't directed at me. I did not have that type of relationship with my husband. I would tell him how I felt and he would either agree with me or disagree with me. He didn't get mad at me. Just was not that type of person and someone would have to do something really bad for him to get angry.

Perfect example: I once had a boss I did not care for because he would say demeaning things to one of the engineers who had some disabilities and who worked directly under him. I complained to my husband thinking they will never meet. My boss asked for a ride to pick up his car one day and on a day hubby (who was still in LE or had left just before this) dropped me off. When my boss climbed into the back seat he said to my husband, after introducing himself; "Oh, I bet you've heard A LOT about me?" My husband very calmly repeated his name twice and then said very matter of fact, "Why no, all I ever hear about is Mr. X (the engineer) and what a great person he is." I thought this is the end of me, better get out the want ads. lol What happened was that I noticed a slight change in attitude afterwards with the way my boss spoke to Mr. X. Almost considerate and the "almost" is a big stretch but better. lol

I miss him.....not my boss.

It's about the only thing that makes sense, how else can the 3 hour agrument over "Steve" and then sometime during the span of that day have phone sex be explained where that argument wasn't even mentioned?

I'd really like to know if the phone sex call was ever verified in any way. I could see Juan possibly letting it in unopposed knowing it would show just how into the sex Jodi was. It was obvious to most of us that Jodi was leading the conversation where she wanted it to go so maybe Juan thought it would help more than hurt.

Something about it doesn't add up. Didn't the earlier texts reference tying Jodi to a tree? (I could be wrong.) Who would bring something up in a sex call that you had argued about earlier? What a turn off! Doesn't fit for me at all.

Wasn't directed at me. I did not have that type of relationship with my husband. I would tell him how I felt and he would either agree with me or disagree with me. He didn't get mad at me. Just was not that type of person and someone would have to do something really bad for him to get angry.

Perfect example: I once had a boss I did not care for because he would say demeaning things to one of the engineers who had some disabilities and who worked directly under him. I complained to my husband thinking they will never meet. My boss asked for a ride to pick up his car one day and on a day hubby (who was still in LE or had left just before this) dropped me off. When my boss climbed into the back seat he said to my husband, after introducing himself; "Oh, I bet you've heard A LOT about me?" My husband very calmly repeated his name twice and then said very matter of fact, "Why no, all I ever hear about is Mr. X (the engineer) and what a great person he is." I thought this is the end of me, better get out the want ads. lol What happened was that I noticed a slight change in attitude afterwards with the way my boss spoke to Mr. X. Almost considerate and the "almost" is a big stretch but better. lol

I miss him.....not my boss.

Very cool. And very loving. :heartbeat:

I'd really like to know if the phone sex call was ever verified in any way. I could see Juan possibly letting it in unopposed knowing it would show just how into the sex Jodi was. It was obvious to most of us that Jodi was leading the conversation where she wanted it to go so maybe Juan thought it would help more than hurt.

Something about it doesn't add up. Didn't the earlier texts reference tying Jodi to a tree? (I could be wrong.) Who would bring something up in a sex call that you had argued about earlier? What a turn off! Doesn't fit for me at all.

You're right, that tree tying was part of the sex tape, and part of the argument.

As far as I've read the tape wasn't authenticated for time/date, I think there was at least one hearing about it but I believe you're right that JM thought it helped more than hurt his case and didn't fight its admission.

The only thing about that tape and the date that makes any sense at all to me is that the phone it was recorded on went missing a few days afterwards. I think it's a compilation of parts of different calls that she put together and then 'lost' the phone.

P.S. Maybe there was a reason she put those specific parts together. Hmmm...

Yes, he was a very special person....gone too soon.

I am so sorry Lambchop. I really didn't know your situation. I may have come across it over these last few months on this board, but am not a regular most times, so didn't know (or had forgotten). Please forgive my insensitivity. You loved him very much and still do. It's obvious - and he loved you. That is the one beautiful thing you have between you now that he is "gone". Bless you. Hugs.

I am so sorry Lambchop. I really didn't know your situation. I may have come across it over these last few months on this board, but am not a regular most times, so didn't know (or had forgotten). Please forgive my insensitivity. You loved him very much and still do. It's obvious - and he loved you. That is the one beautiful thing you have between you now that he is "gone". Bless you. Hugs.

No, no....that's okay. We were fortunate to have him. He lived a very full life, did what he loved and loved his family and grandchildren. Sometimes I forget how fortunate I was to marry someone like him and that not everyone has had that opportunity.

This sounds about right to me ElleElle. It's hard to know, if this is true, when he knew she was coming. The day she left or very shortly before she arrived. Also, she says she went in early that morning, but it's hard to know if that's true either. It sounds like she could have also been snooping around the house while he was on his computer. But, I agree, she probably used an excuse to get in that day and Travis let her.

I also thought I recalled two different versions of her seeing them together, of course she testified to being outside the whole time as that's the most inocuous but it wouldn't surprise me if she hadn't tried the back door first or maybe even came in through there and watched them doing whatever it was they were doing. Tres creepy.

<modsnip>
Crime Scene photo taken 6/2008. Recent pictures of the house show a fence on either side of the front of the house; unable to determine if there were fences in 2008.

<modsnip>
Rear of the house behind the garage.

<modsnip>
Rear of the house, sliders that CMJA peeped through seeing Travis making out. Where is the doggie door?

previous summer in 2007 - I got hired @ PF Changs . . . they needed my social security card . . . I assumed it was in boxes in TA's garage - I been looking for it . . . I called TA to ask to look for it - he said sure - it was a free phone call @ 11 at night. . . the door was locked to the garage . . .went around to sliding glass door . . he had installed doggie door - I

blue light 2 people making out - she stood up = rehooked her bra - he stood up and wiped his mouth - it was TA

Who goes to the back yard instead of knocking on a door or ringing a doorbell if the door is locked? "Oh, BTW, if the door is locked just go around the back and crawl through the doggie door." Sure, this is exactly what Travis would have said. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

previous summer in 2007 - I got hired @ PF Changs . . . they needed my social security card . . . I assumed it was in boxes in TA's garage - I been looking for it . . . I called TA to ask to look for it - he said sure - it was a free phone call @ 11 at night. . . the door was locked to the garage . . .went around to sliding glass door . . he had installed doggie door - I

blue light 2 people making out - she stood up = rehooked her bra - he stood up and wiped his mouth - it was TA

Who goes to the back yard instead of knocking on a door or ringing a doorbell if the door is locked? "Oh, BTW, if the door is locked just go around the back and crawl through the doggie door." Sure, this is exactly what Travis would have said. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

And why would he O.K. Jodi coming over if he planned to be mixed up in a salacious tryst with some girl? And notice how she takes every possible opportunity to make Travis sound as villainous and perverted as possible? "He stood up and was wiping his mouth..." Just anything to make it sound really dirty. And she's just poor, innocent little Jodi who had no idea what she was about to stumble upon. It's so ridiculous.

And why would he O.K. Jodi coming over if he planned to be mixed up in a salacious tryst with some girl? And notice how she takes every possible opportunity to make Travis sound as villainous and perverted as possible? "He stood up and was wiping his mouth..." Just anything to make it sound really dirty. And she's just poor, innocent little Jodi who had no idea what she was about to stumble upon. It's so ridiculous.

She is so good at that, like on her first conversation with Det. Flores, when
he asks if Travis kept any weapons in the house she says 'Only his two fists',
way to put a totally wrong mental picture in someone's head, JA. I coulda
slapped her when I heard that statement.

And who on earth leaves their SS card in a box in an unlocked garage at a boyfriend's house when you don't even live there? I also don't remember anyone ever asking to see my actual card in over 40 years, or maybe never. I used to carry it in my wallet until it became a dangerous practice, but once I had the number memorized, there was no reason anyway. Once I put it in locked storage, I never had a reason to remove it. :p

And who on earth leaves their SS card in a box in an unlocked garage at a boyfriend's house when you don't even live there? I also don't remember anyone ever asking to see my actual card in over 40 years, or maybe never. I used to carry it in my wallet until it became a dangerous practice, but once I had the number memorized, there was no reason anyway. Once I put it in locked storage, I never had a reason to remove it. :p

When I lived in Southern California and worked in hospitals there I was always required to bring in my Social Security Card and a copy would be made. You asked who would leave their SS# card in a box and then you said you put your SS# in locked storage. ??

No, I said who would put their card in a box in an unlocked garage in a house they didn't live in. Mine is in a fireproof lockbox in MY home, which is always locked. Hardly comparable.

"He who introduces KY into the relationship is no abused virgin." - Aristotle

LOL, MeeBee

Crime Scene photo taken 6/2008. Recent pictures of the house show a fence on either side of the front of the house; unable to determine if there were fences in 2008.

<modsnip>
Rear of the house behind the garage.

Rear of the house, sliders that CMJA peeped through seeing Travis making out. Where is the doggie door?

See the bottom left of the sliders? The black square? That's the doggie door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2
Back