Did Travis know Arias was coming to his house the night he was murdered?

Did Travis know Arias was coming to his home the night she murdered him?

• Yes, he knew.

Votes: 106 12.2%
  • No, he didn't know.

Votes: 632 72.7%
  • Other combination (yes and no)

Votes: 46 5.3%
  • I don't know

Votes: 85 9.8%

• Total voters
I'm a night owl. Most nights I'm awake on and off. I watch YouTube, surf the net, answer emails, go on Facebook, whatever. Since he was known to text in the wee hours of the morning, it doesn't seem at all unlikely to me that he would watch YouTube just because.

I'm a night owl. Most nights I'm awake on and off. I watch YouTube, surf the net, answer emails, go on Facebook, whatever. Since he was known to text in the wee hours of the morning, it doesn't seem at all unlikely to me that he would watch YouTube just because.

I think it's unlikely that he'd just happen to be awake when she arrived. And there's really no reason why she wouldn't tell him. He wasn't going to tell anyone she was coming (at this point, he was keeping their relationship a secret from everyone), and she knew he wanted sex--so why NOT tell him?

Kate

Well, actually, their relationship wasn't a secret. Chris and his wife knew, there was a video of him in a roomful of friends with her head in his lap, etc. She likes to characterize herself as his dirty little secret, but his bishop knew, as he had confessed to him, and several of his friends were aware. I'm sure they did not know the full extent of the things they were doing, but I think they knew something was going on.

I think there are big reasons she wouldn't tell him, not the least of which they had a big fight earlier, he told her, in essence, that he was on to her, that she had "scammed" him, that she had betrayed him like no one else. I think he made it clear to her that he was done with her. He threatened to tell her friends what she was really like. I believe that was a big part of her motive to kill him.:twocents:

Well, actually, their relationship wasn't a secret. Chris and his wife knew, there was a video of him in a roomful of friends with her head in his lap, etc. She likes to characterize herself as his dirty little secret, but his bishop knew, as he had confessed to him, and several of his friends were aware. I'm sure they did not know the full extent of the things they were doing, but I think they knew something was going on.

I think there are big reasons she wouldn't tell him, not the least of which they had a big fight earlier, he told her, in essence, that he was on to her, that she had "scammed" him, that she had betrayed him like no one else. I think he made it clear to her that he was done with her. He threatened to tell her friends what she was really like. I believe that was a big part of her motive to kill him.:twocents:

It’s true that his friends were aware of his relationship with Jodi while they were dating (which is when the lap video was taken). But when she moved back to Yreka in April 2008, he gave his friends the impression that the Jodi “chapter of his life was over.”

(Chris Hughes’ comment starts at 0:36, Taylor Surral’s (sp?) comment starts 6:23, and 7:20)
[video=youtube;aflqQbGtFsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aflqQbGtFsI[/video]

This is also why he couldn’t acknowledge Jodi in his book, which sparked her whinny May 16, 2008 email. In that email she says, “I find myself wishing to be recognized as your friend, and I think that comes from the fact that there is a hesitancy on your part to grant me that recognition within your circle of friends.”

The email:
http://www.courtchatter.com/#!jodi-arias-email-may-16/c253u

Anyway, it’s clear he didn’t want anyone knowing that he and Jodi were still meeting up—which is why I don’t think he would tell anyone she was visiting that day.

Regarding the fight--they had fights frequently, and always made up in some way (evidenced by the texts that I've read, but don't have access to). Travis stated on several occasions, to several people (including Jodi), that he suspected her of slashing his tires--and he STILL hooked up with her. She (or the sex) was clearly an addiction he couldn't shake, despite knowing how hideous she was.

I spend way too much time thinking about this stuff. It’s probably not healthy. LOL.

Kate

...she says, “I find myself wishing to be recognized as your friend, and I think that comes from the fact that there is a hesitancy on your part to grant me that recognition within your circle of friends.”
Yes, well that's what you get when you follow your ex-bf around town on his dates with other women, spy on him while he's in his own house with another woman, walk into his house whenever you feel like it, fall asleep in his house whenever you feel like it, bake cookies in his kitchen without being asked, knife the tires on his car twice, trash his car, hack into his social media accounts, delete and/or re-route his text messages from other people, steal an engagement ring meant for someone else, steal his journal(s), use him as your personal ATM machine, call every hour of every day, play head games with him, and generally be a pain in the B, U, T, T to him. What, did she think he would reward her for her behavior?

Yes, well that's what you get when you follow your ex-bf around town on his dates with other women, spy on him while he's in his own house with another woman, walk into his house whenever you feel like it, fall asleep in his house whenever you feel like it, bake cookies in his kitchen without being asked, knife the tires on his car twice, trash his car, hack into his social media accounts, delete and/or re-route his text messages from other people, steal an engagement ring meant for someone else, steal his journal(s), use him as your personal ATM machine, call every hour of every day, play head games with him, and generally be a pain in the B, U, T, T to him. What, did she think he would reward her for her behavior?

There's an old expression that applies here: "With friends like her, who needs enemies???"

Yeah, she was/is clearly delusional. Otherwise, as you said, she would have realized that the reason his circle of friends didn't want her around was because of her own crazy, obsessive, stalker behavior.

Kate

[FONT=&amp]I'm in the "he knew she was coming" camp, and here's why:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]So this is my thought—why was he awake at 4am, if not to wait for her to arrive? The case could be made that he was often up late, as evidenced by his texting history--but him staying up as late as 4:30am just to watch YouTube is a bit of a stretch, imo.

Kate
[/FONT]

I can't edit my original post. Just correcting myself here. I re-read some of TA's journal entires, and on 5/18/08 he does mention not going to bed until 4am. o_O So, anyway, apologies, renatae. You were totally right about his staying up until the wee hours. :c)

A transcript of the journal entry:
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=fe22d0e29855b7d4589c7f59849ce966&oe=57564821

Kate

It’s true that his friends were aware of his relationship with Jodi while they were dating (which is when the lap video was taken). But when she moved back to Yreka in April 2008, he gave his friends the impression that the Jodi “chapter of his life was over.”

(Chris Hughes’ comment starts at 0:36, Taylor Surral’s (sp?) comment starts 6:23, and 7:20)
[video=youtube;aflqQbGtFsI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aflqQbGtFsI[/video]

This is also why he couldn’t acknowledge Jodi in his book, which sparked her whinny May 16, 2008 email. In that email she says, “I find myself wishing to be recognized as your friend, and I think that comes from the fact that there is a hesitancy on your part to grant me that recognition within your circle of friends.”

The email:
http://www.courtchatter.com/#!jodi-arias-email-may-16/c253u

Anyway, it’s clear he didn’t want anyone knowing that he and Jodi were still meeting up—which is why I don’t think he would tell anyone she was visiting that day.

Regarding the fight--they had fights frequently, and always made up in some way (evidenced by the texts that I've read, but don't have access to). Travis stated on several occasions, to several people (including Jodi), that he suspected her of slashing his tires--and he STILL hooked up with her. She (or the sex) was clearly an addiction he couldn't shake, despite knowing how hideous she was.

I spend way too much time thinking about this stuff. It’s probably not healthy. LOL.

Kate

I've been in a relationship but because of the way he has hurt me in the past (emotionally), I do not tell my friends or family if we talk or see each other. Because I know what they'll say. Travis definitely had that issue going on with Chris and Skye. He couldn't tell them things because they were so adamant. That's why, sometimes, it's good to tell your friends what you think, but then give them breathing room enough to still come to you to tell you things you don't want to hear or might not agree with.

It seemed that some people in his life knew, like Chiantanya, who also "befriended" Jodi. Then, after Jodi left, he seemed more open to tell people some of the craziness. But at the same time, he was still talking to her, unable to shake that draw he had to her.

Sometimes, being in a psychologically damaging, emotional tug of war relationship like this messes up your mindset to have healthy relationships, and that makes you MORE lonely and LESS likely to move on. This, in turn, makes you talk to that person you are trying to get away from.

I can imagine some of the rejection Travis was experiencing with Lisa finally being done, Mimi not being interested, and some of those women ping-ponging about coming to see him made him think that he might as well talk to Jodi. And then once he got to talking to her again, he'd realize why he stopped. Cycle, Cycle, cycle.

Part of it was also that she had some his stuff. Like the journals, pictures, book chapters.

I've been in a relationship but because of the way he has hurt me in the past (emotionally), I do not tell my friends or family if we talk or see each other. Because I know what they'll say. Travis definitely had that issue going on with Chris and Skye. He couldn't tell them things because they were so adamant. That's why, sometimes, it's good to tell your friends what you think, but then give them breathing room enough to still come to you to tell you things you don't want to hear or might not agree with.

It seemed that some people in his life knew, like Chiantanya, who also "befriended" Jodi. Then, after Jodi left, he seemed more open to tell people some of the craziness. But at the same time, he was still talking to her, unable to shake that draw he had to her.

Sometimes, being in a psychologically damaging, emotional tug of war relationship like this messes up your mindset to have healthy relationships, and that makes you MORE lonely and LESS likely to move on. This, in turn, makes you talk to that person you are trying to get away from.

I can imagine some of the rejection Travis was experiencing with Lisa finally being done, Mimi not being interested, and some of those women ping-ponging about coming to see him made him think that he might as well talk to Jodi. And then once he got to talking to her again, he'd realize why he stopped. Cycle, Cycle, cycle.

Part of it was also that she had some his stuff. Like the journals, pictures, book chapters.

I don't disagree. I have also been in a toxic relationship and know that emotional, chaotic cycle all too well.

FYI - also posted this in the other thread...

Listened to Juan interview on XM radio with Jenny McCarthy....I know, but it was a great interview! He confirms which I hadn't heard before that he did not think Travis was expecting Jodi that day....which I always believed anyways....

anyway don't know how to create the link, but probably could google her show dirty sexy funny with Jenny McCarthy....how appropriate...lol!

Listened to Juan interview on XM radio with Jenny McCarthy....I know, but it was a great interview! He confirms which I hadn't heard before that he did not think Travis was expecting Jodi that day....which I always believed anyways....

anyway don't know how to create the link, but probably could google her show dirty sexy funny with Jenny McCarthy....how appropriate...lol!
oops oops

I agree. I don't believe TA was expecting Jodi that day; she had put way too much effort into premeditation and coverup plans to risk him possibly saying anything to anyone.

I do not believe Travis was in a frame of mind around that time to allow her back into his life, not even for old times' sake; he was breaking free for good by then and I do not see him having fallen off the wagon again. Yes, he had in the past, but things were very different now and he knew Arias was a psycho and could not be trusted and I believe he would not have agreed in advance to see her even for a booty call.

If she contacted him saying she had some of his things to return or had a check for him and would drop by, that would put her at risk of him possibly mentioning the pending visit to someone. While Travis might have been too embarrassed to admit to being taken in again to mention a pending sexual encounter to anyone, I don't believe he would have had the same reservations about mentioning her stopping by to drop off something of his or money she owed him, or whatever her ruse might have been. And I think Jodi was aware of how he might behave in both scenarios so I just cannot accept that she would risk anyone learning that she was expected anywhere near Travis or his home that fateful day.

(...)
And I think Jodi was aware of how he might behave in both scenarios so I just cannot accept that she would risk anyone learning that she was expected anywhere near Travis or his home that fateful day.

I agree that she would have not have told him she was arriving. The risk of ruining carefully premeditated acts was too high. Also, her hesitance in the interview with Detective Flores was palpable. You can see her weighing up which story would work best for her and struggling to think fast enough to compose a 'good' lie.

I agree that she would have not have told him she was arriving. The risk of ruining carefully premeditated acts was too high. Also, her hesitance in the interview with Detective Flores was palpable. You can see her weighing up which story would work best for her and struggling to think fast enough to compose a 'good' lie.

Yes, I found that very telling from Juan's interview. Obviously there was a lot he thought happened that day but couldn't really prove, or didn't need to go there to get a conviction.

If I remember correctly Mccarthy asked him when did she really put the luggage in the car and where was her car? He said she never really answered directly kept going in circles, but he didn't offer an analogy..... so he thinks a lot is suspect on her time frames of that day.

He did say that whenever she did show up that somehow she squirmed her way in there and he let her in and he also believes photos/sex happened along with the photo shoot later.

He did say emphatically that people were suggesting there was a gun on him in latter pics in photo session.. He denies that was the case and that Travis never saw it coming... Completely off guard! What a witch!

I thought it was a really good interview, but you have to get passed some language on the show though!

I have to say that I was one of the last wanting to believe that they didn't have sex that day and that she surprised him in the shower later, but after hearing Martinez say so many times that it did I have to believe he knows more about the case the anyone😔

My regard for Martinez is also high and I trust that he chose the strongest evidence based on a mountain of possibilities. The timeframes outside the evidence produced in court (timestamped photos) are problematic. Her inability to provide a convincing explanation for the simplest time questions points to more Arias lies.

I was surprised when Juan Martinez agreed to the stipulation that Arias was not holding any weapons just before the sitting down shower photo. The notorious 'eye reflection' evidence may have been more compelling when viewed on vastly more powerful lab equipment. Maybe Juan knows more about this evidence? Or perhaps he decided keeping the eye reflection evidence out was more important? My instinct is that she forced him into the shower and to pose. The pictures are simply so unnatural. Yet, I have to seriously consider the evidence and Juan's opinion. Like you, I believe he knows far more about the case than anyone. I look forward to a day when he can speak more freely.

After many calls to him on her way to change his mind not to tell people about her. I think she arrived on the day of the murder perhaps slept in the car watching to see if everyone but Travis leaves the house. She crept in while he might have been asleep.. when he woke up she takes that photo when he flips her the bird, looking annoyed. I think her nudie photos are all selfies perhaps taken using a timer along with the KY. She begged pleaded and twisted and manipulated him. It didnt work so she butchered him as plan B.

After much thought, I agree with this. Back to lurking and thanking !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NO!! I think when she called him she asked naturally how he's doing blah blah and then.. Was his roommates home? What are they up to tonite? Then... Surprise!!

After much thought, I agree with this. Back to lurking and thanking !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The evidence disproves Sharmila's theory. I assume you have looked at the sequence of photographs. The possibility of him waking, being snapped and flipping her the bird doesn't fit the time sequence. I have bolded the most important time points:

The photos show circumstantial evidence of sexual intercourse which is overwhelming. Two naked people. Naked individual and graphic shots of both of them. Expert verified, time-stamped photographs. Not one jury member questioned whether sexual activity took place. On both trials. The defence didn't find anything to discredit the sequence or time stamps. Juan Martinez described sexual arousal from Travis.

What would be photographic proof to satisfy the relatively few people doubting sex took place? It's a serious question. "Internal' and external multiple cameras? Juan Martinez details the time sequence in a quote from Conviction below:

"The initial photograph in the first group, which was snapped at 1: 42: 53 P.M.,"

"Flores then showed me the other five photographs that had been taken during the same afternoon session. One, snapped at 1: 44: 00 P.M., was a close-up shot of Arias’ anal and vaginal areas. Another, taken by Arias fifty seconds later, showed Travis naked and on his back, exhibiting his erect penis. In the foreground of that photograph was a bottle of KY personal lubricant."

I have read claims that Arias took the graphic photos of herself. Examining the time sequence:

1.42:53 Travis is photographing Arias. She is naked. His knee is in the shot.

Arias then has one minute and seven seconds to get up - as Travis watches - and take a very graphic close-up of herself from BEHIND. Not an easy shot. How would that work? In barely a minute she jumps up, sets up a tripod? Sets up the self-timer? Then gets into that a very awkward position to photograph from behind without assistance? Travis watches her take a graphic pic of herself? Even though he had just been taking photographs of her barely a minute before? Even though he detailed the sexual pics he would enjoy taking of her just weeks earlier?

Sexual interaction took place. No doubt in my mind. The evidence is convincing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back