Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning to all...still playing and taking in jury selection. does anyone have a list of the final deliberating jurors...their numbers during jury selection. So far I do not even know how the state got 11 for dp based on what i am hearing. not at all impressed with the answers...apparently there were so many staunch anti dp that jm had to use his strikes there. I would really like to know number in jury selection of the final 12.

What I find so strange is that in the original trial, a juror was booted for making a complaint about the uncomfortable chairs (granted it was in reference to Samuels $300/hr), yet this extremely problematic juror, who brought up such red flags that she was even being looked into by Flores, was able to stay on the jury despite protests from jurors and the prosecutor himself?

It's all so bizarre.

The only thing that gives me pause about it, is which bailiff? Was it perchance the same "assistant"/bailiff that we were speaking about yesterday that had some alleged misconduct written into the record?

And add to that the fact that the felon + Juan story came out almost immediately thereafter, more likely leaked rather than due to investigative reporting.

and Juan was the prosecutor. You can look up the record. Here's a news excerpt that lays out the story. The story that shows how much she lied. She made sure to be "forthcoming" with the crimes her husbands committed before or after they were with her.

Her first husband has a lengthy criminal past, according to court documents.

Court records show in 1998, before he married juror 17, he was charged with murder and drive-by shooting. In 2000, those charges were dropped. However, on the same day they were dropped, he pleaded guilty in a separate burglary case. He served a minimal sentence on that charge.

It was only uncovered that Juan Martinez was the prosecutor in both cases. Martinez was the lead prosecutor in the Jodi Arias trial.

Juror 17 and her husband married in 2001.

In 2008, the husband was arrested for a burglary that ended in a police chase with shots fired. He was convicted and is now serving more than 25 years in prison.

In 2010, documents show that the couple filed for divorce.
http://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/jodi-arias-trial-did-holdout-juror-17-have-a-connection-to-prosecutor-juan-martinez

She lied about her husband committing crimes and being prosecuted while they were together. In fact, they were also STILL married during the 2008 charges. Both earlier & later cases involved robbery and shooting at people, including police. She never disclosed anything about the earlier charges, the case that included 1st degree murder that went on for several years while they were together.

Is it a fact that her ex was charged with 1st degree murder? If so, was that before or after the robbery and shooting at police?

What I find so strange is that in the original trial, a juror was booted for making a complaint about the uncomfortable chairs (granted it was in reference to Samuels $300/hr), yet this extremely problematic juror, who brought up such red flags that she was even being looked into by Flores, was able to stay on the jury despite protests from jurors and the prosecutor himself?

It's all so bizarre.

Previous juror @tarakelley320
Claimed on her Twitter yesterday that Janet had two jurors removed on their jury and tried to remove her

J17 can deny ever meeting JM but why would she not disclose her ex's first arrest unless she was aware that JM was the prosecutor in that case. If she did not remember she would have disclosed it. But all she mentioned was the Verizon theft.
That is significant that she failed to disclose information she knew would keep her off. jmo

BBM: One word: REVENGE !

#17 lied as well as she lied by omission ... she knew what she was doing, IMO !

:seeya: And Good Morning, Y'all !

Previous juror @tarakelley320
Claimed on her Twitter yesterday that Janet had two jurors removed on their jury and tried to remove her

I really don't understand how these people fall for Arias's extremely dubious 'charms'. When I started watching her (first) trial I looked for some redeeming features in her, anything that would make me think she was more than her crime, and found nothing whatsoever. In fact the more I got to 'know' her, the more I disliked her. How seemingly intelligent people fall for her act is totally beyond me. People send money to Nigerian scammers so all things are possible I guess but even so, Jodi Arias? It seems she had enough superficial charm to suck in TA and some of his friends but that wore off pretty swiftly so how these people who have seen her in action over an extended period of time can remain supporters is inexplicable to me.

It's all so bizarre.

T. Kelley said Janet W. had a hand in getting jurors kicked off....

All JMO
The biggest thing IMO is there were 2 independent concerns about this juror. 1 from Juan and 1 from the jury members themselves.

If we bring up ODDS again, then what are the odds that 2 different independent sources would both have concerns.

Then when the totality of the circumstantial evidence is looked at it begins to paint a picture of something is wrong. Too much smoke and waves for me to just think everything is legit.

BBM: Great point !

And BOTH times JSS dismissed their concerns:

- JSS overruled Juan's challenge for cause during jury selection ...

- JSS kept #17 on the jury after the jurors' concerns regarding deliberations ...

:doh: Oh, almost forgot that JSS did not want to have an "appellate issue" by dismissing #17 during deliberations !

:gaah:

I really don't understand how these people fall for Arias's extremely dubious 'charms'. When I started watching her (first) trial I looked for some redeeming features in her, anything that would make me think she was more than her crime, and found nothing whatsoever. In fact the more I got to 'know' her, the more I disliked her. How seemingly intelligent people fall for her act is totally beyond me. People send money to Nigerian scammers so all things are possible I guess but even so, Jodi Arias? I guess she had enough superficial charm to suck in TA and some of his friends but it seemed that wore off pretty swiftly so how these people who have seen her in action over an extended period of time and can remain supporters is inexplicable to me.

JMO--I've had similar questions. The only thing I can come up with is she appeals to people with very, very low capacity for empathy. They connect on that odd level.

(And I'm not talking about Travis. I'm referencing post murder.)

BBM: One word: REVENGE !

#17 lied as well as she lied by omission ... she knew what she was doing, IMO !

:seeya: And Good Morning, Y'all !

#17 used that very word against the people wanting to vote for death. Revenge. Must have had that word on the brain.

It's all so bizarre.

Not so strange that J17 stayed on when you look at many of the judge's rulings in this case. Highly questionable, yes. It was the DT who wanted that juror booted for complaining about uncomfortable chairs. Had Juan been the one making the request she might not have been let go. But as usual, DT's wish was JSS's command.

Clearly the DT had no problems with J17. So she stayed. Even when specific problems with her performance were brought to JSS's attention by other jurors, she stayed. Simply because it was not the DT seeking remedy.

IMO.

I am disliking the judge more with each passing day.

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 2h2 hours ago

One thing struck me odd on #JodiArias #Juror17 interview part1: she knew Juan from another high profile murder case but not her husband's?

Tara Kelley ‏@tarakelley320 9h9 hours ago

Interesting how she said she didn't know much about the case but then said she couldn't believe she was there for that case...huh? #Juror17
3 retweets 38 favorites

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 2h2 hours ago

Would The Gold Patrol be interested in having message boards on http://www.thegoldpatrol.com to talk about trials and #jodiarias ?
4 retweets 18 favorites

I am curious as to who her lawyers are. Why are they not coming forth? Is it a secret?

And Juan's Tie alluding that JA did meltdown.

J17 can deny ever meeting JM but why would she not disclose her ex's first arrest unless she was aware that JM was the prosecutor in that case. If she did not remember she would have disclosed it. But all she mentioned was the Verizon theft. That is significant that she failed to disclose information she knew would keep her off. jmo

ITA. Watched video and she never says anything but deny deny. In that, you can see she clearly knew all about this case, lied about her first husband, and wants everyone to believe she isn't a stealth juror. I am not believing her at all. She is a terrible witness for herself.

I really don't understand how these people fall for Arias's extremely dubious 'charms'. When I started watching her (first) trial I looked for some redeeming features in her, anything that would make me think she was more than her crime, and found nothing whatsoever. In fact the more I got to 'know' her, the more I disliked her. How seemingly intelligent people fall for her act is totally beyond me. People send money to Nigerian scammers so all things are possible I guess but even so, Jodi Arias? It seems she had enough superficial charm to suck in TA and some of his friends but that wore off pretty swiftly so how these people who have seen her in action over an extended period of time can remain supporters is inexplicable to me.

birds of a feather flock together...............its not just a saying....its reality.

:seeya: Caught up and viewed first part of J17's interview. It was just as I imagined it would be - a stupid move, shielded in shadows and fanning the flames of discontent. She artfully avoided the questions by giving unrelated answers, couched in unnecessary details. True Arias style.

Why on earth didn't her two attorneys provide their contact journalist with an affidavit - (snark, read statement), indicating that their client realises her decision to vote for life is unpopular, but she stands by her finding that ... blah, blah, blah, and now wishes to be left alone to pick up the pieces of her life? :puke:

Judging by the diligent posters who have gone through the jury selection videos, Juan did anticipate a problem with this woman, and did his best to have her struck early on, and again later. I do not think he dropped the ball, nor did I ever think that he had. This was not a prosecution error IMO. It is yet another sickening episode in this horrific trial that will be swept under the rug.

I won't even bother to follow the remaining two segments.

What amazes me is how far some people were/are willing to go for her and other like her. The entire DT engaged in slimy disgusting tactics that in the end will only service to hurt their careers(she didn't get off so unlike Baez, I don't expect this trial to help KN and JW) several people were willing to break the law for her risking their own freedom and careers, ie MDLR. Matt was willing to commit purjury for her!! Someone posted those juror names and links on that website knowing the ramifications would not fall upon Jodi. It is one thing to support someone like Jodi, which I do not understand, but it takes it to a new level when you are willing to risk your own livelihood or freedom for her. That just blows my mind!!

I am curious as to who her lawyers are. Why are they not coming forth? Is it a secret?

And Juan's Tie alluding that JA did meltdown.

JMO--Count me in as another curious person. I think the best and safest advice for her would have been to get off social media, don't do interviews, and just be quiet.

But, "her" attorneys arrange a quick, weekend interview for her. Something seems off about that. In what way is that in her best interest?
And the strategy of offering the interview to someone who isn't overly familiar with the case seems a little suspicious.

Finally, I don't get the idea that 17 has lots of disposable income to use towards an attorney, or two. But, I could be wrong. Anyway, I just sort of wonder who's footing the bill, and who's really benefiting.

I'm not a 17 groupie by any means, I just notice when things don't seem to add up.

:seeya: I hope this helps !

Here are some recent Tweets ... Some have links to videos for reference:
Link: https://twitter.com/hardtruth4real/lists/jodi-arias-trial-live

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 9h9 hours ago

Here's a clip of Juror 17 in case you missed it #jodiarias
http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/12-news/2015/03/15/24832877/ …

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 9h9 hours ago

Its 1:45amET...only analysis of #JodiArias #Juror17 interview so far ...tame, but I'll re-watch in a.m.
Perhaps more clarity in light of day

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts · 9h9 hours ago

Digital exclusive: Excerpts from Arias juror interview - what she said about watching the #jodiarias movie
http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...jodi-arias-juror-interview-excerpts/24830543/ …

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 8h8 hours ago

Jodi Arias: 12 news 1st of 3 part interview with Juror 17 can be found here
http://bluesharp1911.wix.com/courtchatter#!jodi-arias-retrial-juror-17-interview-pa/c1q2 …

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 3h3 hours ago

#JodiArias #Juror17 speaks out for first time.
http://www.azcentral.com/videos/news/2015/03/16/24834637/ …

Cathy ‏@courtchatter · 2h2 hours ago

You can watch the first part of Juror 17 interview here
http://bluesharp1911.wix.com/courtchatter#!jodi-arias-archive/c1h5b … #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 1h1 hour ago

Last night's #JodiArias #Juror17 interview is up at
http://TheGoldPatrol.com .
What do you think so far? 2 more parts coming over next 2 days.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 24m24 minutes ago

Another clip from Juror 17 interview
http://www.azcentral.com/media/cinematic/video/24832645/ … #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ · 22m22 minutes ago

Clip #2 Juror 17
http://www.azcentral.com/media/cinematic/video/24832735/ … #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq · 2h2 hours ago

One thing struck me odd on #JodiArias #Juror17 interview part1:
she knew Juan from another high profile murder case but not her husband's?

BINGO !

What amazes me is how far some people were/are willing to go for her and other like her. The entire DT engaged in slimy disgusting tactics that in the end will only service to hurt their careers(she didn't get off so unlike Baez, I don't expect this trial to help KN and JW) several people were willing to break the law for her risking their own freedom and careers, ie MDLR. Matt was willing to commit purjury for her!! Someone posted those juror names and links on that website knowing the ramifications would not fall upon Jodi. It is one thing to support someone like Jodi, which I do not understand, but it takes it to a new level when you are willing to risk your own livelihood or freedom for her. That just blows my mind!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173