Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't that judge get "in trouble" for that? I love it

I don't know! Did he? Off to check…. seems like he would have been in more trouble when he told her if she didn't shut up he was going to duct tape her mouth shut! I love it!

Audrey...I didnt see that post...only saw a recent one about JSS and Sandbagging. Maybe im looking at the wrong page. TIA

It's that post. It's toward the end after all the pictures. You have to click to read the post in its entirety. It's a very long post.

A whole other kinda crazy, isn't she? ;) For a brief recap for those who can't stomach her epic-length diatribes, she essentially demands a new first chair (only), then paints herself as the consummate victim, while also managing to trash pretty much everyone involved in the case who isn't dropping everything to be at her personal beck and call or who is involved with the State - Travis included, of course. Nurmi wouldn't drop to his knees in worship apparently.

And just like we see with her chaotic style of lying, she exhibits little common sense and wants the best of both arguments - she complains early on that Nurmi hasn't spoken to her for 5 months but later also complains he's tried visiting her but she refused his visits. Nothing like a psychopathic control freak, eh?

JMO

I loved knowing that Nurmi's got her number!!! Sounds like he was on to her pretty early on, and has her all figured out...

However, her whole sob story is very dangerous for people who cant see through her BS...

Y'all come over to the Durst thread if you get a chance. Lots of sleuthing to do..
He's been linked to another disappearance. A Vermont girl, 18, in 1971

http://abc13.com/news/robert-durst-l...tudent/569960/

ROBERT DURST LINKED TO 1971 DISAPPEARANCE OF COLLEGE STUDENT......BREAKING

Police in Middlebury, Vermont, have confirmed that there is a link between millionaire Robert Durst and the 1971 disappearance of a Middlebury College student. Durst reportedly operated a health food store in Middlebury at the same time Lynne Schulze, 18, went missing.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-in-the-news&p=11617061&posted=1#post11617061

BBM

The way I understand it, MCSO made the move to postcards only to cut costs and reduce contraband. There was a big uproar when it started and IIRC, this was the explanation that was given.

The amount of time it takes to process mail was reduced significantly by not having to open envelopes. In addition, there was much less to scan or read, because of the limited writing space on a postcard vs. letters that could be pages long.

And it's so much easier for ninja's to send Jodi postcards treating her and family if she tells anybody about them. I think she'e going to use them for her "art",

This is my first time to use my tablet,and it'seems not bad using a stylus, but I bought a keyboard for it and need to see how that works.

JM is a great prosecutor. We have all watched him. I guess if you are on a DT that is not up to his standards the only way to try and JM is to bring charges of misconduct against him even though you know the charges will never stick. jmo

This sign was spotted in China. I think it applies to CMJA, just in case she thinks she can use the elevator unaccompanied! I can't help laughing :laughing:

the-moron-and-the-psychopath.jpg
(Found on engrish.com)

I agree about MK. Not only is he mean, he has obvious biases that don't allow him to be objective and report facts. It's fine to be anti-DP, but that doesn't mean you have to embrace the murderer and vilify the victim. To me, he is pro-CMJA AND anti-JM. IMO he bought CMJA's bs about the supposed domestic violence since he repeatedly told many people (KCL) included that he thought the charge should have been 2nd degree manslaughter. He's fb friends with several people from the defense side and arias family members. These relationships have impaired his ability to be even a little objective. For instance, his last article was all about J17 and her identity being leaked with no mention that CMJA's site published 11 (11!!) other jurors names. And those names seem like they are leaked to one of the 6 people who had the list. And he also conveniently forgot to mention that J17's husband called the media! He could have at least mentioned those facts, but he chose not to. He has that black and white thinking mentioned a few days ago about this case. iMO, he views CMJA, the dt and family as good and JM and the prosecution as bad.

Yeah. There's the complete lack of full disclosure that most respected journalists would cite when having direct relationships with parties involved in the subject they're writing about.

Kiefer's being anti-DP is one thing, but his transparent hatred towards JM isn't in any way reconcilable with objective reporting. Likewise, his support and defense of JA is nonsensical and inconsistent with the facts of the case. Facts are facts; for hundreds of years, facts have been the basis of all good journalism.

Having worked at one of the nation's top newspapers for decades now, I simply can't understand how the Arizona Republic editors have allowed him to continue to masquerade as a legitimate journalist, without some kind of caveat about his background and biases.

Where I live, we have a lot of political back-and-forth published in the paper. They're called "opinion pieces." As divisive as politics can be, when the newspaper publishes articles which are clearly labeled as the opinion of the author, it's understood that they are being printed solely for the purpose of contributing to public discourse, and not endorsed by the newspaper itself.

I am at a loss as to why the Arizona Republic doesn't have such black-and-white standards regarding this kind of writing. Why do they not have best practices in place to prevent a blurring of the lines between opinion and fact-based reporting?

Apparently, they must have their reasons for keeping Michael Kiefer on their payroll, and even if it's just to incite strong emotions and reactions from their readers, okay. But at the very least, they should call the writings of a biased writer exactly what they are: his opinions. They should not in any way be putting their imprimatur on his writings, or putting their reputation as a bona fide news organization at risk just because one of their writers has his own agenda.

JMO

ETA:

I wish Arizonans would write/email/text, etc. the Arizona Republic regarding his work. He seems to feel as though he's "above the law," but that sense of entitlement could be changed if enough of their readership would speak up.

This sign was spotted in China. I think it applies to CMJA, just in case she thinks she can use the elevator unaccompanied! I can't help laughing :laughing:

View attachment 71576
(Found on engrish.com)

I guess it is safe to say that the chinese aren't "politically correct" like everybody here in the good old USA are forced to be.

That usually happens if you are banned ?

The site is there and functioning for me.

LOL, I've never been able to stomach going past the first page, no way would I find the place (or desire) to post there *shuddering* those people have problems!

Turns out it's Chrome - tried with Firefox and saw the page; I left immediately. Chrome is being unbearably slooooooooooooow today even on this site. Maybe Chrome thinks the jaii site is too bad for me to go to, lol!

Something wonky trying to reply to a post :( I'm trying it a different way this time. :D

:seeya: You were looking at the "correct" page ... the latest article is about JSS and sandbagging and all kinds of :crazy:

Unbelievable some of the carp they come up with !

:gaah: !

Sometimes I think they take what we say (truth) and switch it around to show themselves as the victims. Saves a lot of brainwork on their parts, not that there's much to spare there. :D

FelicityLemon, something went wonky with the site for a little while and it kept kicking me off. Your test came through fine ETA: but the same thing happened when I tried to post this.

test

trying to post, when I hit the button for "post quick reply" a dialog box asks me if I want to 'stay on page' or 'leave page' - neither creates the post it just stays in limbo

we got 4 of your previous posts. It seams that it does post even when you get that message. I don't get the "save" thing with the site, but when I choose "leave the page", my post is usually there.

Here is a list of Bailiff responsibities during deliberations;

Deliberation

When the case is given to the jury, the bailiff ushers the jurors into the jury room. The jury instructions, the verdict form(s), and admitted exhibits are taken to the jury room by the bailiff. Exhibits that were not admitted, depositions, and attorneys’ notes do not go to the jury room. Many judges will ask the attorneys to check the exhibits before the bailiff takes them to the jury room, to be sure that the jury does not receive any material that it should not have.

Jurors who have taken notes during trial are allowed to have those notes in jury room during deliberations. After the verdict is formally announced, all juror notes must be collected and destroyed.

The bailiff should not enter the jury room at any time while the jury is deliberating. The bailiff should not answer any questions and should ask the presiding juror (foreman) to put any requests or questions in writing. Any communication between the bailiff and the presiding juror (foreman) should be at the open door of the jury room.

The bailiff makes any telephone calls requested by jurors, after obtaining the judge’s permission. It is important that families know when a juror is to be delayed. Attorneys may want access to telephone messages. Do not destroy them until after the trial is completed.

The bailiff does not deliver any communication to a juror without permission from the judge.
When a written question is received from the jury, the bailiff should note the time received and the contents for the clerk’s minutes and contact the judge immediately. If an answer is delivered to the jury, the clerk will note the time and contents for the clerk’s minutes. The bailiff should instruct the jury that the note must be saved because it is part of the official court record. Some courts have a typed instruction that is stapled to the note, stating that the note must be saved. Other courts attach the note to a cardboard holder, stating that the note must be saved.

The bailiff should not provide the jury with any tools (ruler, magnifying glass, calculator, etc.) or equipment (tape recorder, shadow box, projector, etc.) without permission from the judge.

If the jury has not reached a verdict and it is nearing lunch or the dinner hour, ask the judge if you should inquire whether the jury wants to eat. Often during deliberation it is easier for courts to order a lunch for jurors to eat in the deliberation room.

Ask all jurors to step into the courtroom, and lock the jury room door. Remind jurors that they are not to discuss the case outside the jury room. Check hallways to see that they are cleared of parties, spectators, and witnesses.

While at lunch with a deliberating jury, be very guarded about questions you are asked. A slip of the tongue could cause a mistrial. Jurors often ask how long they will deliberate or whether they will be allowed to go home at a certain time. Your answer may influence their deliberation.

Jurors should not be allowed to pay more than the amount allowed for meals. Jurors cannot order alcoholic beverages.

If the jury is allowed to separate (leave the courthouse) during deliberation, the judge will have the jury come to the box and will instruct them regarding the separation. In a criminal case, the bailiff should check with the judge about whether the defendant should be present.

If a jury is sequestered during a trial, carefully go over all security precautions with the judge and any other bailiffs.

In felony cases, the defendant must be present for the verdict, and most judges require defense counsel to be present or have presence waived on the record. The bailiff should ask attorneys to leave a telephone number where they can be reached with the clerk. The attorneys are supposed to stay within 10 minutes calling from the courthouse.

Verdict

When the jurors indicate they have reached a verdict:

a. Inform judge.

b. When counsel and the parties have assembled, the judge will direct you to have jurors return to box. They take their usual seats in the box, with the presiding juror (foreman) carrying only the form of verdict(s). The judge asks the presiding juror (foreman) if a verdict has been reached and directs the presiding juror (foreman) to give the form to bailiff. The bailiff delivers it, unread, to the judge.

c. As the verdict is read, or immediately thereafter, go to the jury room, gather and count the exhibits and instructions, and return them to the clerk as soon as possible. Destroy any notes the jurors have made.

d. After court adjourns, return any jurors’ possessions that you previously removed from the jury room.

e. Sometimes there will be dangerous items of evidence—firearms, drugs, knives, etc. The nature of these items requires extra care to assure that necessary safety precautions are taken.

f. Sealed verdict procedure. When the jury indicates they have reached a verdict in a criminal case but defendant or attorney cannot be located, the bailiff gives the presiding juror (foreman) a large envelope in which to place the verdict. The bailiff instructs the presiding juror (foreman) to seal and place signature across the sealed envelope. The bailiff then brings jury into open court where the judge questions the presiding juror (foreman) as to the condition of the envelope. Bailiff gives envelope to the clerk, who has care and control until proper parties are together in court at a later time.

The court excuses the jury for the evening with instructions to return at a specified time. At that time, the envelope is returned to the presiding juror (foreman) in open court and the judge questions the presiding juror (foreman) as to the condition of the envelope. The judge will then have the presiding juror (foreman) remove the verdict from the envelope and hand it to bailiff.

Here is a link to where I found this info, http://www.courts.wa.gov/training/global_printversion/Bailiff_PrintVersion.htm

Funny, I didn't see the duty where they provide their numbers to jurors in case they need them.

Another day down in Estrella, another day closer to Perryville.

It can't come soon enough for me.

Does anyone know if JSS will give a "speech" on her thoughts on 4/13, or just the sentence? Anyone know from her past cases?

TIA

I guess it's safe to say that the chinese aren't "politically correct" like everyone here in the USA are forced to be.

IKR? Wonder what would happen if the pregnant person was accompanied by a psycho??? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73