DISTRICT ATTORNEY ELECTION-Durham Co

ewwwinteresting said:
IMO, it doesn't help to wait 10 months before getting specific information to the public asking for assistance.:slap:
It's 11 months...............:banghead:

Maybe now is better than never.

Still waiting for Justice.

terminatrixator said:

They always say that good things come to those who wait. :behindbar This result for the perpetrator would be worth waiting for!

terminatrixator said:

..definitely.......always-----anytime----is better than NEVER..

..i log onto this forum nightly, and am ALWAYS relieved to see that a post, or more, has been made each day.......
..that janet's case is NOT going to go cold in this forum.......

..as trix said a couple of days ago------------"double jeopardy"------LE has ONE shot at a murder conviction--------i believe that they are working on getting all of the evidence etc together before an arrest and trial--------to BE SURE of that conviction.

..i think that the candlelight vigil in april will be the 'wake up' to this case, i'm betting on more activity here following the vigil, people calling the tip line with the slightest information....media presense at the vigil........

..janet and her unborn baby deserve to Rest In Peace, and they will.......

I have been watching coverage on that Duke lacrosse case this morning, and I am quite frankly disgusted with DA Mike Nifong. It is his job to prosecute the perpetrators of these crimes, and I don't necessarily blame him for sticking with that case. But what bothers me is that he is all over the news with this case, putting his foot down about how justice will be served... and then waiting in the wings are the family and friends of Janet, the quiet, tender young mother who was brutally murdered almost one year ago. And he has not done a darn thing to bring them any form of justice. It bothers me that a bunch of people, many of which who didn't even know Janet or Raven, can all come to virtually the same conclusion about this case, and could all prosecute this case in their sleep, and yet the DA seems to refuse to do a darn thing about it. Now I don't know if they're still waiting on evidence or whatever (and if so, it's been a YEAR... COME ON!!!!), but the fact that Nifong will only show his face and be tough on crime for the cases that will hopefully bode well for his reelection makes me ILL. :sick:

Wow - the actual debate is Video: Durham D.A. Candidate Forum - Pt. 1, 2 and 3 <li>

I'm wondering what the Duke LaCrosse Case and the DA Elections have in common. I really wish I knew what is stopping any sort of response regarding Janet's case.

I wonder what the elections and the Duke LaCrosse case is going to do to the vigil. Will there be a bigger turnout, or less of a turnout.

I just checked back at Tears for Janet, and no announcement yet as to the speakers or who all will be in attendance, dare I say, I wonder if Raven is speaking or what his involvement is, if any.

Guess right now, I'm just singing All By Myself.........because there are a lot of lurkers and not too many here today and I have to get some work done before I get canned.

i am not sure about the Duke Lacrosse thing/DA race. Seems the GJ did not hand down with an indictment, altho could it be sealed or held off for 2 more weeks. I think the government of Durham, the LE, et al. are apathetic to Janet's case. Not high profile enough I guess. I have not gotten response one from the LE, Mayor or DA, let alone the media. Some of the flyers I posted are gone...so I reposted new ones. I plan on being there, but really wonder who the speakers are. I would love to see Raven as one, but highly doubt it. I am disgusted with Durham today...altho it did finally rain...yea!!

Yeah for the rain caffeinatd.

Raven speaking....that would be a sight to see and hear. I would probably book the 14 hour round trip flight to attend the vigil even if for a few hours just to see him in action and listen to the whining and watch him ask for hand outs.

It would be so awesome if you could go, Trix!!
Shake things up, make a little noise, make people who should already know, sit up and take notice.

IF need be, I'm all for an orderly rally for Janet outside the courthouse. I'll do what it takes to be there too.
I feel like we are silently screaming for justice in this case which means so much to us.

terminatrixator said:

Raven speaking....that would be a sight to see and hear. I would probably book the 14 hour round trip flight to attend the vigil even if for a few hours just to see him in action and listen to the whining and watch him ask for hand outs.

terminatrixator said:

Maybe not raven, but I bet the residents of Durham can count on Karyn Bolton showing up and begging for money for the "trust fund." I'm sure the money has to be low or out by now:boohoo:

ewwwinteresting said:
Maybe not raven, but I bet the residents of Durham can count on Karyn Bolton showing up and begging for money for the "trust fund." I'm sure the money has to be low or out by now:boohoo:
Gag me, it's a good thing I can't go, I would hate to see the hand out and the holier than though attitude anyhow. Barf!

Do we have any idea why Janet's case wasn't put before a grand jury? How often do they use a grand jury?

That would be up to District Attorney Nifong. We don't know whether or not Law Enforcement brought the case to the District Attorney yet. If they did, it would be stupid to sit on it, but we don't know one way or the other.

Though I have contacted LE to ask about the case, they haven't said a thing to me on what they have and what they don't have, they haven't said who they believe the perpetrator is, or if they know who the perpetrator is. I'm out of the loop on this information.

I just know what my opinion is. Going through all the threads here, it's easy for me to form my opinion and it's obvious to you all who I believe the murderer is, but my opinion don't mean jack.

Lighthouse said:
Do we have any idea why Janet's case wasn't put before a grand jury? How often do they use a grand jury?
Durham Co. Grand Jury convenes every 2 weeks on Monday.

So we don't know if they have even taken the case to the DA... but if they had (or were going to)... I don't think Nifong would take it because it's not high-profile and media-grabbing enough for him... my impression is that, especially with elections so close, he's only taking the cases that will help him in the spotlight and with getting him reelected. He doesn't impress me as the guy who seeks justice for all victims... just the ones who make the national news.

I thought that even if the DA was hesitant to take the case, they could take it to the Grand Jury to see if there's enough evidence to indict (and thus taking the decision-making power out of the DA's hands)... so even if Nifong were to be reluctant to take the case, could somebody theoretically push for the Grand Jury to hear the case? Or how does this work?

guera said:
So we don't know if they have even taken the case to the DA... but if they had (or were going to)... I don't think Nifong would take it because it's not high-profile and media-grabbing enough for him... my impression is that, especially with elections so close, he's only taking the cases that will help him in the spotlight and with getting him reelected. He doesn't impress me as the guy who seeks justice for all victims... just the ones who make the national news.

I thought that even if the DA was hesitant to take the case, they could take it to the Grand Jury to see if there's enough evidence to indict (and thus taking the decision-making power out of the DA's hands)... so even if Nifong were to be reluctant to take the case, could somebody theoretically push for the Grand Jury to hear the case? Or how does this work?
Hi Guera.

Well, I think first they would have to name a person of interest or a suspect in the case. So far, nothing new has been reported.

After a year of waiting, I would have hoped someone would have been named a suspect. Truth is as long as they are actively investigating and when they do name a suspect, they do a good job handling the case, whether it be District Attorney Nifong, Freda Black or Keith Bishop. At this point, since I don't live in Durham, it doesn't matter to me, as long as they prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and they WIN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back