Do you believe that Lee Anthony lied on the stand?

Do you think Lee Anthony lied on stand today?

• No. I think that he was truthful today and all other days

Votes: 137 34.7%
  • Yes. I believe that he lied today and all other days.

Votes: 59 14.9%
  • I believe that he lied one day was truthful the next.

Votes: 90 22.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 60 15.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 14 3.5%
  • I don't care

Votes: 35 8.9%

• Total voters
I think they were all in collusion with their respective testimonies today, given that they were all testifying on behalf of ICA. They wanted to further JB's theory that they were a dysfunctional family with secrets and lies.

Heck, they were all sitting together in court today very peacefully.

I so agree. They are cut from the same cloth. Remember Lee throwing out the doggies water, etc. He is a piece of work the same as the other A's. moo

Judge Alex said tonight,in all his years, he can not remember anyone being tried for perjury ..I am sure that is a slight exaggeration, but really apparently there is little chance they will be prosecuted even if found out, so why not take the risk:(

I can't remember every hearing about a case where witnesses are tried for perjury after a trial. So I think it must be rare. I also tend to think that the defendant's mother might not be a very good witness, because she would tend to lie to save her child. That belief has been reinforced all the more after reading the "Would you lie to save your child" thread here.

I'm willing to be the jurors will take her testimony about as seriously as the teacher takes a statement from a mom who says, "my child would never do that."

I don't get a truth vibe from Lee or any of the other Anthonys. At the end of his testimony, when asked whether he believed his sister, and he said, "Yes and no," and chuckled -- I think that's how all the Anthonys look at this foreign thing that others call "truth." Also, I think Lee has a lot of issues surrounding his mother and his sister, and I think anything he says is driven more by those issues than any regard for telling the truth. So who knows when an Anthony's word happens to coincide with reality?

I fail to see any reason for him to chuckle about Casey's lies. What's funny about that? She lied about the way Caylee died for pete's sake. Her lies are in the heart of the family being in this position right now. Strange affect...but some people are strange. But I think yes and no was the only answer that wouldn't get him in trouble since I gather he had said earlier that he believes everything his sister tells him but if he now says the same thing after she's been proven a liar a thousand times over everyone's going to think he either lies or has the IQ of a paver stone. So, ambiguous and mixed emotions was the only way for him to answer that question, IMO.

Ok.Cindy Lied. What good does the Defense showing Cindy Anthony is a liar do good for Casey?

Well, JB did imply that everybody in this family lies so he's now proven at least that part of his OS. If you believe that Lee told the truth. But if he told the truth does it contradict the statement that everybody in this family lies? :crazy:

JB: why were you angry?
LA: Ah, it was the first time I heard anyone in my family offer it up that they were willing to look for a deceased Caylee. Because prior to that <shakes head> ….not even in the realm of anybodies mindset. So I was quite angry.
JB: Thank you Sir. No further questions.

If true this shows quite a bit of denial, given that there was apparent decomp and cadaver dogs hit. But maybe they just thought that the evidence of the COD was gone by October.

CROSS
FG: Good morning Sir
LA: good morning.
FG: You had this conversation....you had this alleged conversation with your mother in October? Or before October of 2008?
LA: Well...I don't know the exact time-frame for sure. Uhm, I went back to work approximately in October...uhm, I know the conversation happened prior to that because ...it fuelled my decision to go back to work.
FG: You were aware, or are you aware that Mr Casey went into the woods in November?
LA: That's my understanding. Yes Sir
FG: So you had this alleged conversation with your mother before the event actually took place?
LA: If that's the only time he did that, yes Sir.
FG: okay. Thankyou.
LA: You're welcome.

If true... why did it take them a month to organize the search?
What time did DC resign from JB's employ and shift to the Anthonys? Did it take a month to persuade the psychic to get the right kind of psychic vision?

Re-direct:
JB: Mr Anthony, what do you mean it fuelled your decision to go back to work?
LA: It made my decision much easier to return to work, instead of being out of work during that period of time.
JB: Why?
Objection
Overruled
FG: beyond the scope of the cross
JB: it was brought up during cross
FG: I didn't bring up questions of his employment.
HHJP: Overruled
LA: I was very angry uhm, that my mum specifically, but my folks decided to do that, without, you know, keeping me in the loop. And uhm, it was something that we.....for me.... I couldn't believe that they were even considering that Caylee would no longer be with us, and they'd be willing to look for her that way.
Uhm, and I frankly didn't want anything to do with it, so I decided shortly thereafter that I'm indeed going to go back to work and try to focus some of my energy across the board.
JB: okay thank you. No further questions Sir.

This makes no sense to me. I want my family to look for a living, kidnapped child. They look for a dead child. So I'm just gonna quit searching for the living child myself and go back to work to spite my family. What is going on here? What does it mean, focus some of his energy across the board? What board? What did he focus on?

I totally get it if he was broke and needed to get back to work or his employer was requesting him to return and I have no complaints about his returning to work, it's just that the reason given here doesn't make sense to me. My parents think my niece might be dead so I'll go back to work. All righty then...?

Did he live with the parents at the time? I guess he might have needed some rent money if he wanted out of the family home due to the rift.

RECROSS
FG: So I October 2008 you were completely sold on the lies your sister had told you?
JB: Objection- beyond scope.
HHJP: overruled.
LA: <big grin> Yes and no

Witness stands down.

I know denial is a strong force but I just can't fathom how any of them couldn't have known in their heart of hearts that Casey was full of it.

I so agree. They are cut from the same cloth. Remember Lee throwing out the doggies water, etc. He is a piece of work the same as the other A's. moo

To me, that footage is so hard to watch. I cringe every time I see him dump that water out. It's a small gesture, but a cruel one, IMO. The poor dog just looks at him like "what'd I do?"

If Cindy's testimony is impeached what happens to "And it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car?" I'm certain that this performance was staged, back to back contradictory testimony, and I'm concerned that the Cindy/Lee performance yesterday might just be what the DT needed.

It could also sound like the Anthony's knew something and had Lee out running around madly searching and researching things looking for a live child.

So here's my take on Lee. His life is destroyed. He will forever now be looked upon as a "molester" and I believe that was also another one of ICA's LIES. I think ICA thinks everyone wants to "fill her up" as she's such a little Hot Pocket...lmao.
Back to Lee...I think he told the truth when contradicting Cindy. I will never, ever feel any sympathy for this woman again after she tried to cover ICA's a@@ again. JMHO. Peace !

:twocents:

My feeling is that LA has always told the truth under oath. Albiet, reluctantly.

To further muddy the waters, Baez asked Cindy if, before September 2008, she had ever told Lee that she had asked D.Casey and Hoover to search Suburban Drive. I listened again tonight to that testimony just to make sure my memory was right. Before specifically asking what she told Lee before September 2008, the question is about did you ever direct anyone to that field etc and did you tell Melich that you'd done so a month before and found nothing. She said she never directed them to the field, which I suppose is accurate since the claim is that the physic directed them to the field. And she covered herself on the Melich question by saying she just didn't really remember what all she told him that day.

So Cindy is asked if she ever told Lee before September 2008 - she says no. Lee is asked if he ever had a fight with his mother about the search on Suburban Drive and he says yes and he is positive it is in October.

Based on that - did either of them lie on the stand today? :waitasec:

So, I am missing the point with CA. Was her main concern that she would have directed the guys to Suburban BEFORE the psychic? which would have looked incriminating?

[
This makes no sense to me. I want my family to look for a living, kidnapped child. They look for a dead child. So I'm just gonna quit searching for the living child myself and go back to work to spite my family. What is going on here? What does it mean, focus some of his energy across the board? What board? What did he focus on?

I think what he was saying here was that he was really focusing on searching for Caylee. He was the one who seemed to be trying to get information from Casey during the recorded visits we have. And Cindy was always emphasizing that they were looking for a live Caylee. Lee was going along with Casey's story, and supporting Cindy in the search for a live Caylee.

Then he suddenly finds out that Cindy's sent people out to look for a body, without saying anything to him. And I think he then realized, first, that he was being lied to, secondly, that everyone but him knew she was dead, and that his efforts to find her were pointless. I think he began to suspect that they knew where her body was. Certainly Casey knew. And at that point, why keep searching? Go to work and distract yourself from this mess you call your family.

Tink

I don't know if Lee lied about Cindy ordering Dominic Casey and Hoover to search the woods, but I don't think so. I do, however, wonder if he lied about not knowing they were looking for a deceased Caylee. The As wanted everyone to think that Caylee had been kidnapped, so Casey couldn't be a killer and they couldn't be the family that enabled a killer. I do think that Casey (and later the family) expected Caylee's murder to be blamed on a kidnapper.

The first few minutes of this jailhouse conversation between Lee and Casey give me reason to consider that Lee may have known more about the likelihood of a deceased Caylee than he now claims. JMO...

http://www.wftv.com/video/18212494/index.html

I voted "maybe" but would have chosen a "yes and no" choice if there was one.

What the hell kind of answer is that? This family remains bonkers IMHO.

I just can't believe a word anyone in this crew says. I always leaned towards believing Lee until I saw that memorial service tape again and he laughed while saying "yes and no" to the question of believing Casey. Who finds her or her lying funny?? I don't. And that whole CMA thing at the memorial was for Casey, not Caylee, imo. I think they've all been in cahoots with the defense from the start.

Everyone was outraged that CA would not give TM/TES an article of Caylee's to search for her...CA was outraged that TES was there to look for a deceased Caylee. TM had to assure CA they would simultaneously look for a living Caylee and a deceased Caylee.

CA had everyone on a wild goose chase with her false Caylee sightings. Caylee was seen in PR, GA, Mexico, California, GA stated he had those kidnappers under surveillance as CA said they were setting up a covert operation to get Caylee home...all a bunch of BS....this family has muddied the waters since the start..contradicting each other, they each have a different take on things..

Here we find out, Teddy was given to a psychic but CA doesn't believe in junk science...LA as far as he knew, the family kept looking for a live Caylee. When CA 'sent her people in those woods', he became outraged for this is the first time he knew the family felt/admitted that Caylee was deceased. I still happen to feel, they knew where Caylee was only couldn't find the exact spot. It appears DCasey/JHoover were about 200 yards off...

Here we are again, LA felt he was kept out of the loop. It appears CA uses LA when he needs to find his sister, as he did in July..this family uses LA when they need him as it pertains to ICA..he is their go to guy to use to try and get to ICA...how wrong that was for ICA continues to lie to them, about them, so how do you trust what she says...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I think he was being truthful. I think the plan is for everyone to say something different so the jury throws up their hands in confusion and says "I don't know WHO is telling the truth!" and voila'! reasonable doubt.

The whole family lies...about everything. Im starting to feel my recent support of GA and CA slipping......lies, lies, lies.

Please oh please could someone please recap this situation for me?? I miss mornings altogether, and afternoons tend to be spotty. Okay, on rare occassions I get to get a tiny bit in the mornings, but it hardly counts!

I know that yesterday the PIs were each on the stand. I don't think either of them said that a member of the A family sent them to search the woods. In response to "why were you searching," JH seemed to have only the response of "we were there to find Caylee." DC said he was there under direction of a psychic, and denied that any member of the A family instructed them to be there.

I missed the testimony of both CA & LA. It WAS about the PIs searching in the woods, right? In other words, is the poll in this thread regarding LA saying that CA did send them, and CA saying that she didn't?

I want to know what that scathing look was all about!! TIA!!!

I don't think he has lied. I believe he has always been honest, except perhaps to Casey when she was in jail and he was trying to get information out of her. He may have lied to her to get info - actually, he admitted that to the court.

However, I am not sure he is correct in the things he has testified to. He may be confused or mistaken about some things, as may Cindy. And in my mind, that's understandable.

The whole family lies...about everything. Im starting to feel my recent support of GA and CA slipping......lies, lies, lies.

One thing I keep saying these days: "this whole family is whacky"

I missed the testimony of both CA & LA. It WAS about the PIs searching in the woods, right? In other words, is the poll in this thread regarding LA saying that CA did send them, and CA saying that she didn't?

Yes, that's correct.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monifah2
Back