Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone?

Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone in this crime?

• Yes

Votes: 126 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 31.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 67 23.8%

• Total voters
Thanks for the first hand info, RS. Are you going to be there for the arraignment tomorrow? The memorial service for Sandra?

Sgt. Tony Sheneman just did a Q and A on channel 10 via internet. He answered this question and stated that if there had been anyone else involved they would have been arrested along with Melissa Huckaby. There are no other suspects and this case will now be handed over to the SA for prosecution.
thank you for that SS! (nurse raises fist and shouts .... end to speculation whew!)

Police Believe Huckaby Acted Alone
Posted By: Sharon Ito
"SACRAMENTO, CA - The Tracy Police Department is confident the one and only person responsible for 8-year-old Sandra Cantu's kidnap and murder is behind bars, said Sgt. Tony Sheneman on Monday's Live_Online."
"The police spokesman said the investigation is still ongoing and he told viewers he couldn't comment on many facets of the case, including the cause of Sandra's death, where she was killed or the possible motive. But Sheneman said detectives believe Sandra had already been killed before her family had a chance to report her missing from their mobile home on March 27."

This is from the Live Online interview some of us listened to awhile ago today.
Sharon Ito has put the whole discussion online at:
http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/default.aspx

Thanks for the first hand info, RS. Are you going to be there for the arraignment tomorrow? The memorial service for Sandra?

I am hoping to extend my stay, but I understand that the memorial is Thursday and I doubt I will be here for that long. As for the arraingment, it is 30 miles away so I doubt that I will go, and I imagine that it will be a zoo.

I would have looked harder at the entrance to the MHP both times I passed it, but I did not want to invite anything from the policeman in the car who was just there doing his job.

The area is extremely convenient. You would not even need a car for almost everything you need because it is near convenience stores, food stores, a couple strip malls, fast food places, etc. One end of Clover is nice (on the MHP side of Tracy Blvd), the other is run down and a bit trashy and deadends near the freeway.

I don't doubt the police entirely but I think that this is far more complex than they are letting on. And I hope they nail some pedophiles in this entire process. I am very suspicious that there is something like that connected to this incident. Perhaps not directly, but connected just the same.

I don't doubt the police entirely but I think that this is far more complex than they are letting on. And I hope they nail some pedophiles in this entire process. I am very suspicious that there is something like that connected to this incident. Perhaps not directly, but connected just the same.

I've been suspicious of something like that ever since I started reading about that church. Hardly any congregation to speak of, hardly any activity ever observed there, etc., the suspect a "Sunday school teacher" for a church with fewer than 15 members, some reports that they haven't had regular services since 2007???

I would like to know more about the recent history of the church and the congregation. I have no anti-church bias here, as I am a Christian. I just want to know the WHOLE truth, no matter how deep it goes and how many people are involved.

If I had passed it (the church) and didn't know the current issues involved, I would think it was no longer open or abandoned altogether.

At this point, I think she is solely responsible. Hard to swallow, but I do believe women (and mothers) can do horrible, horrible things. If any evidence of another perp is released, I will re-think my position, but right now, I think this terrible crime was committed by one, lone SICK woman.

I said acted alone.....

I wonder if she was just jealous of Sandra, thinking Sandra was more popular than her own daughter & started to plan the murder. I can't comprehend a woman just waking up in the morning saying it feels like a great day to kill a 8 yr old. :furious:

I voted no, I also have a strong feeling that MH's boyfriend could be involved, but that is just my thoughts. I think she is taking the fall for him.
:twocents: :twocents:

As shocked as I am by this whole case, I also believe she acted alone - because LE believes she acted alone. The information and statements coming from LE does not in any way fashion or form, indicate that they think anyone else is involved. The fact that they zeroed in on the church almost immediately after finding the suitcase with the body tells me that there is significant forensic evidence there that links them to Melissa and the church.

I think that is true, but I don't trust LE in this situation. They've been stalling, bluffing, misleading and I respect that they have their reasons but it is annoying. I understand they don't like armchair gumshoes, but it can and often does help. Now if there is a legal as well as strategic reason for all of the above, then of course it's all right with me. But somehow I just don't think we have all the facts - not by a long shot. As I said earlier, this is only the tip of the iceberg. I think she's guilty, but I think she's taking a fall, and I think she knows A LOT that she could spill.

I hope she spills. Sooner than later. She's not that mentally ill that she doesn't feel sadness or remorse. This is an interesting case because I believe her tears are real. Doesn't make her any less of a monster because of her actions, but I personally believe the tears are real and I hope all the reasons for them come out.

I am of the thought that she acted all alone. I have the feeling that she has confessed it all as well to the LE. JMO

Do you think Ms Huckaby acted alone in this? Yes? No? or I don't know?

Yes, I most certainly do. What Huckaby did was let Sandra think she was sweet, kind, nice, mild and meek and got her to trust her as all pedophiles do.

I find her very sinister as if she has deep dark secrets lurking in that twisted mind of hers.

Now she cries for herself because she knows what is coming and it is the one thing she doesn't want exposed...the TRUTH about Melissa Huckaby. The truth of the tragic results when she lured an innocent child to her death to feed her own sick perversions.

And I am more and more convinced each day that the Sgt speaks. He is blunt and he says it with conviction when he says there will be no more arrest concerning the Sandra Cantu case. IMO they know for certain she did this and did it all alone.

imo

I agree. I don't think there are any others directly involved.

I also don't think we will see a death penalty issue in this case. There are lots of little red flags that indicate that this will probably result in some sort of psych related outcome. She is already under soem form of court mandated mental health supervision. The court does not do this for petty theft. She went to live with her grandparents, in order to turn her life around. Note not her parents. little things like these make me suspect that there is probably some level of schizophrenia going on with her. Someone has clearly noticed psyche issues with her in the past.

They send schizophrenics to prison all the time. That is not mentally ill according to the criminal justice system. The standard is did they know right from wrong. It is obvious she did know it was wrong because she tried to cover the crime up and lied.

I am not so sure that is going to stick. One can have mental issues and they do not meet the judicial standard of criminally insane. She just had two psychiatrists evaluate her about her other case and both of them found her competent to stand trial.

Even her father said she did not suffer from a mental illness. Millions of people take medication for depression but they aren't mentally ill.

I think she had a perverted dark mind and is a pedophile with sadistic tendencies. She was able to lure Sandra just like other pedophiles that do. They camouflage their perversions under the guise of being sweet, thoughtful, trusting, to get the child to feel comfortable being around them.

It would not be surprising to me if she has also molested other children who are too ashamed to step forward. I am still puzzled why her own child who was still in kindergarten would be whisked away the day after Sandra went missing. Was she afraid they would want to speak with her little daughter? Was she fearful that they may send CPS out and have the daughter examined by a doctor? Possibly, imo.

Imo, one doesn't just start putting foreign objects into little children's private parts at the age of 28. I think she has more dark secrets.

imoo

I voted no, I also have a strong feeling that MH's boyfriend could be involved, but that is just my thoughts. I think she is taking the fall for him.
:twocents: :twocents:

i agree. i feel she was involved. may have held her down,,,, drugged her or worse. but i still think the boyfriend, father or possibly the grandfather may have molested her as a child.

so she may feel compelled to hide these actions, that to her, may not be so abnormal.

yes she is a criminal. but i just think that the police may be saying there will be no more arrests to cause possible suspects to relax and make mistakes. talk. confide to someone.

only my opinion.

Unless LE indicates otherwise, it wouldn't be fair or reasonable to accuse someone else based on my own imagination or supposition.

I feel so sorry for Melissa Huckaby, who lived in Tracy, CA, is 28, has a 5 year old daughter and teaches Sunday School. She's even received death threats. My heart goes out to her - she really doesn't deserve this.

(No, I'm not kidding or delusional) I'm talking about this Melissa Huckaby:

http://cbs5.com/local/huckaby.mistaken.identity.2.984162.html

Unless LE indicates otherwise, it wouldn't be fair or reasonable to accuse someone else based on my own imagination or supposition.

I feel so sorry for Melissa Huckaby, who lived in Tracy, CA, is 28, has a 5 year old daughter and teaches Sunday School. She's even received death threats. My heart goes out to her - she really doesn't deserve this.

(No, I'm not kidding or delusional) I'm talking about this Melissa Huckaby:

http://cbs5.com/local/huckaby.mistaken.identity.2.984162.html
Wow. That is incredible and sad. I really feel for her. She is the ZFG of this case. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back