Do You Think Susan Will Ever Be Found?

Do You Think Susan Will Be Found?

• Yes

Votes: 287 58.6%
  • No

Votes: 203 41.4%

• Total voters
After having seen the skull, I went reading around. To me at first due to having no scale to base the picture on, thought it was large but have since changed my mind and plan on waiting on that if true at all. Here's the link to the picture but you have to blow it up maybe. (Davis Co Skull/photos search)

https://twitter.com/search?q=davis co skull&src=typd&mode=photos

Then I found out the difference in sexes of skull, usually. Males have a brow above the eyebrows on their skull, women don't. DH and I just tested this. He has one, I don't. I think this could possibly be a woman. The picture isn't that clear though, guess I'm just anxious.

Difference-between-male-and-female-skull.jpg

http://www.juniordentist.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/Difference-between-male-and-female-skull.jpg

Reading around it was said to be an irrigation pond long ago belonging to Potter's farm but can't find much more on it. Obviously new homes have been built in the area sitting above the location.

An Aunt for Kiplyn Davis 15, who went missing in 1995, from Spanish Fork, UT, (approx 75 miles from location) posted on Desert News FB she hoped it was her neice.

Not much of an update but 18 photos are at this link. Warning, a very close up picture of the skull. (no ridge above the eyes, possibly a female?)

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...eights-area-where-skull-was-found.html?pg=all

Clothing found should also give detectives some clues.......size maybe, what a victim might of been last seen in, might be some hair still under the skull.
Let's pray some family gets some closure in the next few days.

One of the articles posted yesterday did say fragments of clothing. It's good they are being so thorough.

Police: ‘meticulous investigation’ underway after skull, other remains found in Davis County

Police said earlier in the week this is a homicide investigation until they learn otherwise, and in an update issued Saturday by the Davis County Sheriff’s Office authorities stated they are focusing their search efforts, “on the area surrounding the main gravesite which is toward the top of the hill. The gravesite meaning the area containing the majority of skeletal remains.”

The skull was found farther down the hill than the other remains, which official said could have occurred due to weather or animals shifting the remains. They also said the skull’s shape may have caused it to roll.

http://fox13now.com/2015/02/07/poli...er-skull-other-remains-found-in-davis-county/

I personally don't believe Kiplyn is in that area. I think she is further south. :twocents:

They will bring in a forensic dentist but all the teeth are not there.
(At least not in the skull.)
Hopefully the important ones are there.

Yes, a forensic dentist will be used to determine if these teeth are Susan's. They can do this in at least 2 ways: DNA can be extracted from the pulp of a tooth to compare to a family member and Xrays can match fillings or crowns from the skull to Xrays of the deceased.

I personally don't believe Kiplyn is in that area. I think she is further south. :twocents:

I definitely agree. Kiplyn is most likely in Spanish Fork Canyon. Kiplyn is one of the main reasons I follow missing person cases. I know and have talked to her family. My neice also was one of the teenagers that partied with the boys responsible for her death. My neice was terrified of a couple of these boys. They would brag about her death and give some details when they were drunk. They threatened my neice that she could be next if she told the police. Such a sad, sad case. She could have been laid to rest long ago; but LE waited too long to properly investigate. They believed for too long that she was "just a run-away". These guys are still cocky and will never give up the entire truth.

Now, I think this possibly could be Susan; however IMHO, is it not likely her either. I think there is too much evidence that Josh had help and she is hidden very well. So very sad that she will likely never be found.

So very sad to know that some families prayers will be answered and at the same time, hearts will be broken. Leaves one kind of numb.

Family waiting word on human skull found in Davis County

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 Utah) – The family of Nancy Baird have had their hopes dashed in the past.
So after hearing about a human skull found in Davis County earlier this month, they are not getting overly excited until a positive identification is made.
Baird disappeared on the 4th of July in 1975 never to be heard from again. Ted Bundy who was executed in 1989 was suspected of murdering her.
She was declared dead in 1995 despite no trace of her remains.

They will only say the bones are older than 10 years.

http://www.good4utah.com/story/d/st...l-found-in-davis/17449/tgIfnh7EY0-XODL3KGF-Yw

Watching Deadly Sins: Fatal Possession right now on Investigation Discovery Channel. Susan Powell's story is being profiled right now.

I'm on the West Coast viewing FiOS.

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Susan's remains will likely never be found. Worst of all, justice was never served. That horrendous monster took not only Susan's life, but their little boy's too. Susan and her boys lost their lives tragically, there is no peace in that. But he cannot hurt them anymore. They are free. He is burning in a very, very, very hot place.

RIP to all 3 of them.

As far as I know, the investigators consider the case closed after Josh killed his sons and committed suicide; the act being an admission of guilt. So, I don't know how active they are in still looking for Susan.

I try not to get too worked up over these cases, but this one REALLY gets to me, and I want Susan's body found, just for the sake of her family, and so Josh's psychopathic acts of vindictiveness, along with his arrogance comes to an end.

Do I think Susan's body will be found? Short answer is Yes. They were in the upper midwest, far from any ocean, so I do think Susan's remains are out there on land, waiting to be found to be found.

Do I think Susan's body will be found soon? I'd love to think so, well I'd love to think she's alive, but unfortunately they're both very unlikely. Espiecally considering the lack of concern or urgency from law enforcement, which I don't fault them for, focusing on more imperative criminal cases is paramount, and after all, Josh can no longer harm anyone else.

Saw an episode of "suspicion" on ID the other night regarding this story. Josh's sister was telling her side of the story. Didn't seem to be anything new to ad to the sad tale. Someday they may find her, but I think it is unlikely.

Personally I think she will be found eventually, if only because JP probably put her somewhere he could visit her and still feel control over her. Somewhere accessible if off road.

Hunters will find her one day imho.

Just stopping in for Susan. Prayers that it won't be much longer until she is found.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathangel333
Back