Dr G Medical Examiner

I have VERY high regards for her!! And yes, she is aggressive with her work and follows only what she believes in. But my question is. Today when she was giving her findings, when she began to announce that the bones were so small, it seemed to me that she was trying to keep from crying. Did anyone notice that or was it just me?

I noticed that too. Sheriff Beary as well was getting emotional. (Big sigh.) As hard as it has been for us to sift through the data and view the images and videos of Caylee over and over, how much more difficult it must be for these professionals who live this day in and day out, up close and personal. God bless them. I am new to Dr. G but I like what I am hearing you all say about her.

Speaking of Dr. G: did anyone else notice that, when asked questions about next of kin being notified, she (after saying what normal protocol is for having someone notify next of kin in jail) said that they also notified and reached out to the GRANDMOTHER.

http://www.wesh.com/video/18318898/index.html (about 1/2 way through)

Why did she just say "Grandmother"? and not grandparents? It may have meant nothing, but I was wondering if maybe George isn't the grandfather? I hate to mention this awful rumor again, and I never gave any credence to that rumor before, but I just want someone elses' opinion on this.

Thanks

Speaking of Dr. G: did anyone else notice that, when asked questions about next of kin being notified, she (after saying what normal protocol is for having someone notify next of kin in jail) said that they also notified and reached out to the GRANDMOTHER.

Why did she just say "Grandmother"? and not grandparents? It may have meant nothing, but I was wondering if maybe George isn't the grandfather? I hate to mention this awful rumor again, and I never gave any credence to that rumor before, but I just want someone elses' opinion on this.

Thanks

I think I recall hearing her say that too. Could it be that those closest to the investigation realize Cindy is struggling more with accepting the truth than George (who seems to go along with Cindy's "denial") and that is why they treat her with kid gloves at times? Just a guess, I could be wrong. I believe George is Casey's natural father so I don't know why she would not include him too, otherwise.

Thanks

My husband and I are Dr. G junkies (*waving* to Dr.G in case she reads here. You are my idol- When I grow up I want to be just like you!!!).

Anyway.. I do not know her personally but I have no doubt at all that even if it was found that George is not the grandfather she would not say it that way on TV. I am sure it was totally innocent- she wasn't giving us a "clue", she isn't like that. This woman is totally professional!

I think I recall hearing her say that too. Could it be that those closest to the investigation realize Cindy is struggling more with accepting the truth than George (who seems to go along with Cindy's "denial") and that is why they treat her with kid gloves at times? Just a guess, I could be wrong. I believe George is Casey's natural father so I don't know why she would not include him too, otherwise.

I honestly think it was an accident.

I believe she corrected herself to say grand parents when asking whichever LE she was looking to confirm.

This is odd because if you watch her show she likes to talk to victims herself, in this case it`s obvious from the wording, they didn`t speak to Dr G

I just love her show and I have been watching if for a long time. If Dr. G says "homocide" then you better believe that that is what she meant. No question about it.
-----------------
Me too! She is top notch.

I honestly think it was an accident.

Yup - just an oversight. Considering the difficulty of presenting such emotionally laden news in a objective way, perfectly understandable, huh? I noticed poor Sheriff Beary's cheeks were bright red, which may indicate high blood pressure. What an awful six months this must have been for him. And as he said, this is just the beginning. Those of us who believe in the power of prayer need to pray for "Caylee's team."

Yup - just an oversight. Considering the difficulty of presenting such emotionally laden news in a objective way, perfectly understandable, huh? I noticed poor Sheriff Beary's cheeks were bright red, which may indicate high blood pressure. What an awful six months this must have been for him. And as he said, this is just the beginning. Those of us who believe in the power of prayer need to pray for "Caylee's team."

I just lost it when I saw that big ol' guy choking back tears...thats why I have stayed a hard line on the families actions...LE had a 30 day handicap, were lied to, attacked, besmirched from the get go...

These are people who chose a profession that SERVES the public. They have families and children...just breaks my heart and makes me madder than a wet hen when I see them attacked.

I've watched Dr. G on Discovery for a long time. She's good, really, really good. If there is any chance that she thinks Casey did this based on the evidence she has seen you know that she won't let it go.
That's how she is, she's a pit bull with facts and she hates being fooled around with.

She has been in many, many trials, she is no noob. If she says homicide, she means it. All she needs is a bit more time.

So based on what she said....skeletal remains, crime scene evidence and cirmcumstantial evidence....what was it that made her decision. We know the bones showed no signs of truama and the toxicology results are likey to come back as not defintive...that leaves us with crime scene and circumstantial.

And if you watch her show you know how she is, she won't give up what she sees without a fight!

Dr. G knows the perp is KC. When she made the statement that she could not comment on the forensic evidence it was apparent to me that she knew the story. Also she made it a point to say that the COD determination could be changed provided "other pertinent information should arise". She is leaving the door open pending the return of the toxicology.

I just lost it when I saw that big ol' guy choking back tears...thats why I have stayed a hard line on the families actions...LE had a 30 day handicap, were lied to, attacked, besmirched from the get go...

These are people who chose a profession that SERVES the public. They have families and children...just breaks my heart and makes me madder than a wet hen when I see them attacked.

Me too, Thinaire. They are my real-life heroes. Sometimes people focus on the few bad apples in LE yet forget about the ones with true dedication.

My husband and I are Dr. G junkies (*waving* to Dr.G in case she reads here. You are my idol- When I grow up I want to be just like you!!!).

Anyway.. I do not know her personally but I have no doubt at all that even if it was found that George is not the grandfather she would not say it that way on TV. I am sure it was totally innocent- she wasn't giving us a "clue", she isn't like that. This woman is totally professional!

Dr. G is awesome...so passionate about what she does...and she cares. I thought it strange that she said 'reached out'. She does have a sense of humor...we've all been talking about how the A's all say 'reached out' instead of contacted, or called or talked to.

I have to agree...Dr. G did a great job in the way she presented her preliminary findings during the press conference.

I couldn't help but think while I was listening to her that if & when (cuz ya know it will...) the movie comes out, I could see Diane Lane playing her role.

Sooo O/T but you said "madder than a wet hen" how cool :woohoo:

I really like dr.g eventhough i don't watch her show much due to lack of TV time (blame the WS!). She seemed choked up, so did the sheriff and i feel so bad for them all.

Dr. G knows the perp is KC. When she made the statement that she could not comment on the forensic evidence it was apparent to me that she knew the story. Also she made it a point to say that the COD determination could be changed provided "other pertinent information should arise". She is leaving the door open pending the return of the toxicology.

While researching uses for "recreational" uses of Chloroform, I could find little to nothing (anyone have a link to any?), I did however find something about Dental Forensics and the testing of "dental pulp" for toxicology.

Did I hear correctly that of the recovered remains was a "single tooth"?

Does anyone know if this is a potential source for toxicology testing?

Also, can "bone marrow" be another source for toxicology testing?

Honestly, the case agaisnt Casey is weak. Most of the scientific evidence, came from the car, which had a very distorted chain of custody. They have a hard time proving beyond a reasonable doubt that there even was a death, let alone one caused by Casey. I still see Casey walking after trial with maybe probation. Maybe.

We don't know what other evidence they have at this point. I personally don't see her walking, and I do think she's guilty. Just wait until the trial...that's when the prosecution will show its hand. You could be right, she could walk, but IMO, I don't believe so. I personally believe they're going to tie the bag to her via a fingerprint, or some other piece of evidence. Then it's all over for her. We don't need to know the cause of death. Remember Laci Peterson? Same type of situation, only IMO, they had far less evidence against Scott.

I followed the Edwin Hall case closely. I went to the hearings. I went to the courthouse and read all the defense motions and the responses from the State (which is where I found all sorts of interesting things that was never mentioned by the media. Those filings are a treasure trove of info). In the end, Hall pled guilty at one of his hearings because of all the evidence they had against him. Even though Hall took a plea, the DA read through the list of items they had and it was long. So many little things that added together...and it all added up to proving that he did kill Kelsey Smith. And we even had a DA that about blew it!

I also think he parents know more than they are telling. I don't think they were involved, but I do think they know what happened. I think the only way that the A's will tell what they know is if they fear they themselves will face charges (and they might). Also, Casey is a total narcissist and it wouldn't be beyond her to point the finger at her mom, dad, or brother, and I'd would imagine they know this. They're probably a bit afraid of psycho Casey.

After watching Dr. G on her tv show for several years and reading up on little snippets about her online (after learning about her via her tv show), I agree with everyone here who says she is Top-Notch!

She shows total respect for the body of a victim, she seems to want to fight very hard to not only bring justice to the victim but answers to the victim's family.

In one show, the victim's family member couldn't come to terms with the cause of death and Dr. G very patiently, in layman's terms, and with a very gentle and loving demenor, explained to victim's family member how the death occured.

I believe Dr. G showed Precious Caylee nothing but the utmost respect and loving care during the autopsy.

I did notice at one point Dr. G was asked a question (I believe that's when it occured) and stopped just short of saying the bones showed animal activity.
(I need to go hunt up the complete presser in order to show you all what part of the response I'm trying to explain).

Dr. G is a talker about the science and career she loves. She would want nothing more than to explain every detail when asked. She wants people to understand....to really understand her findings.

Her stopping short of stating the animal activity, again, shows me how protective she is of the investigation and also how protective she is of the victim and the victim's family.

Bless you Dr. G. !

Have Faith, TM said " I don't think her little body will ever be found".

But something bigger than us, took care of that. :angel:

I just got to watch the announcement this morning. Dr. G was obvioulsy distressed at the questions, and appeared to wish to honor Caylee rather than have to deal with legality. I do not know Dr. G's background. She appeared to want to hide behind the Sheriff or whomever the man was representing OCSO. She did appear to be tear eyed. Interesting.

I have a question in light of pictures of Caylee's body trying to be sold to the public.

The Doctor who did the first autopsy has a show called Dr. G Medical Examiner... does anybody know if Caylee will be featured on her show?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myrrhcury_
Back