Dunkin' Donuts yanks Rachel Ray Ad

This post doesn't make much sense to me for multiple reasons.

First, everyone in this country (except the Native Americans) came from overseas, and brought parts of their culture with them. It's not like some American culture already existed for everyone to adopt, it's a culmination of various bits and pieces of other cultures. With that in mind, our culture should be an ever-evolving one. The Italians and Irish were met with alot of the same resistance that the Arabs are now.

Second, it's Americans (or in this case, an American) who are(is) complaining about what someone else (Rachel Ray, an American) is wearing.

I knew that it wouldn't take long for someone to tell me how stupid I was for having an opinion.

See I guess I look at it different because half my family came from Mexico the other half from Portugal. Right or wrong we left our traditions behind. My Grandmother always said you come to this Country, you learn their ways and their language. I wish they had kept some of their traditions but they didn't. So I'm guessing some of you will think my whole family is ignorant. Now you know where I get it.

I wonder, do you have to agree with someone elses opinion to be deemed tolerant? I'm confused on that part.

I knew that it wouldn't take long for someone to tell me how stupid I was for having an opinion.
Paladin didn't say you were stupid. For what it's worth I think you are absolutley right :)

See I guess I look at it different because half my family came from Mexico the other half from Portugal. Right or wrong we left our traditions behind. My Grandmother always said you come to this Country, you learn their ways and their language. I wish they had kept some of their traditions but they didn't. So I'm guessing some of you will think my whole family is ignorant. Now you know where I get it.

It's not dumb or stupid to be proud of your heritage. I bet you are just as supportive of your friends who are of a different heritage being proud of their heritage. And even if your family didn't keep any of the traditions dig around and find them out and/or start your own traditions and be damn proud of them.

You're right, I didn't. Why is this an issue?

It appears that you don't think anything being discussed (including the main issue) is worth being "an issue".

Which begs the obvious question..

..why post on a thread that you believe at the core to be a non-issue?

It appears that you don't think anything being discussed (including the main issue) is worth being "an issue".

Which begs the obvious question..

..why post on a thread that you believe at the core to be a non-issue?

I started the thread, I'll do what I please without owing you an explanation.

ETA: When did I say the main discussion was a non-issue?

I started the thread, I'll do what I please without owing you an explanation.

ETA: When did I say the main discussion was a non-issue?

Ahh, sorry. It was the "whiny *advertiser censored*" comment that threw me off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZeroLosses
Back