Evidence #2

SouthEastSleuth said:
On the original search warrant, in the text written by the first detective on the scene, W. L. Early, he writes the following:

"....I observed in an upstairs bedroom, the body of a white female laying on her back, with what appeared to be a stab wound to her chest...."

Now we know this was a bedroom being used as an office. But I would find it hard to believe that this first investigator would say "laying on her back," if in fact she was in a kneeling position. That said, is the difference just in semantics? Who knows.

He was the first detective on the scene ... but what if there were police officers or medical assistance there before him?

Ah, so you suggest she could have been found by the paramedics in a kneeling postion then? Ok, I guess that could be true. So then if Early found her on her back, she had been moved....either by Raven as he attempted "to save her" or perhaps by the paramedics?

golfmom said:
And what about him saying she had been "hurt" ... if he found her dead on her knees, why would he say she had been "hurt"
If he was trying to throw off LE, and take attention away from himself...

Of course he was, like he can't tell the difference between a gunshot and a knife wound, he was trying to throw off speculation by the conflicting statements.

He really needs to be seen in this light:behindbar

This evidence is still too sketchy, but I am really pleased to see that something is being done in this case. It's gone way too long without anything conclusive!!

Justice for Janet

You are right the evidence is sketchy right now, but it won't be for long!

In a kneeling position, the body needs support to remain in that position. To be kneeling- the person would have to be alive or supported by some furniture (ie a chair or table).

Normally when a person's aorta is cut there would be spray. Enough spray to get onto the person doing the cutting. But what if the person was standing behind and had on a short sleeve shirt (t shirt). The spray would be directed out and away from the suspects clothing. If the victim was kneeling over at the time of the attack- blood spray would be directed at the floor- body would then fall into it.

By saying she was found in a kneeling position, could this have meant that Raven said he found her in this position? It just says she "was found", it doesn't say by whom.
I must admit that when I read the article that said she was found in a kneeling position, I had to take a step back & say "wait a minute".

mysteriew said:
In a kneeling position, the body needs support to remain in that position. To be kneeling- the person would have to be alive or supported by some furniture (ie a chair or table).
I'm thinking more along the lines that she was on her knees with her head on the floor. And I'm thinking that this must be the original position because in the police report the officer WL Early, said that there was a large amount of blood near the body. She must have collapsed there because if her lung was pierced, it would be very hard to breath. I'm just wondering why/how there was blood on the walls opposite and adjacent to the body.

Just thinking outloud.

Jenifred said:
I'm just wondering why/how there was blood on the walls opposite and adjacent to the body.
It sounds as if they were smears and so unfortunately, it sounds as if there might have been a struggle, and perhaps she was against the wall(s) at some point.

JerseyGirl said:
Since it sounds as if they were smears and so unfortunately, it sounds as if there might have been a struggle, and perhaps she was against the wall(s) at some point.
JG,

Sadly, I think you are right.

Moxie

Jenifred said:
I'm thinking more along the lines that she was on her knees with her head on the floor. And I'm thinking that this must be the original position because in the police report the officer WL Early, said that there was a large amount of blood near the body. She must have collapsed there because if her lung was pierced, it would be very hard to breath. I'm just wondering why/how there was blood on the walls opposite and adjacent to the body.

Just thinking outloud.

Family and friends of Janet, I apologize in advance for discussing the graphic details...but, unfortunately, I think quite often, evidence, etc., is all on the details...but, that said, it's not my intent to be insensitive, in the least....

The more I think about it, I agree with you Jenifred, totally. I, too, think she was in a kneeling position...but leaning forward... (just as a visual, think of the religions who are in that position when they pray)... That would explain the report of being FOUND in a kneeling position. And, assuming paramedics were there, they could easily have moved her to her back while checking on her, thus accounting for Early's report that when he entered the room, she was on her back.

Sadly, as JG posted, the blood on the walls, etc., could have come from some sort of struggle, prior to being on the floor...

I do still wonder about the series of events. Were both people in the room all along? Was Janet taken by surprise? As JG has suggested, could she have been at the computer working on something and surprised from behind, etc.?

Remember SES that Rooster stated that Raven had tried to save Janet. If that's the case, then I would assume that if Janet was kneeling, it was Raven who found her that way and turned her over. He couldn't possibly have tried to save her otherwise.

JerseyGirl said:
Remember SES that Rooster stated that Raven had tried to save Janet. If that's the case, then I would assume that if Janet was kneeling, it was Raven who found her that way and turned her over. He couldn't possibly have tried to save her otherwise.
The reason the doesn't work for me is this -

We have this new info that she was found in a kneeling position. That obviously means that someone found/saw her like that.... the only people would be Raven or the paramedics (remember, she was on her back when LE got there). If Raven moved her to her back, then WHO reported she was "found in a kneeling position?" That only works if Raven himself made that report, which I suppose is possible.

SouthEastSleuth said:
The reason the doesn't work for me is this -

We have this new info that she was found in a kneeling position. That obviously means that someone found/saw her like that.... the only people would be Raven or the paramedics (remember, she was on her back when LE got there). If Raven moved her to her back, then WHO reported she was "found in a kneeling position?" That only works if Raven himself made that report, which I suppose is possible.
Agreed. The only question I have is the blood in the bathroom that JF pointed out yesterday. How did it get there?

Moxie said:
Agreed. The only question I have is the blood in the bathroom that JF pointed out yesterday. How did it get there?

Remember though Moxie, when we first talked about the bathroom evidence awhile back, we have no way of knowing IF the swabbing from the bathroom was in fact blood, or not. Who knows. If it was blood, it could easily have come from the perp somehow...in walking in the bathroom, for any # of reasons, ie., to clean up, etc.

I think that if the paramedics had found Janet in a kneeling position that that would have been relayed to LE.

SouthEastSleuth said:
Remember though Moxie, when we first talked about the bathroom evidence awhile back, we have no way of knowing IF the swabbing from the bathroom was in fact blood, or not. Who knows. If it was blood, it could easily have come from the perp somehow...in walking in the bathroom, for any # of reasons, ie., to clean up, etc.
Does anyone know where the earlier discussions of the blood in the bathroom are? We should probably link them here to help us in this current discussion.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back