Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good thing you created the "evidence" thread Timex! It surely got it's workout today!! I don't think I've ever been on here when we focused and posted into one particular thread so much!

But, the evidence IS the missing link in all of this.....

lauriej said:
.......if someone emailed or IM'd me at 11 p.m.....chances are they wouldn't get an immediate response, and i would think with janet having to work in the a.m. that normally she'd be in bed by that time...
....if it was already on the news...........and LE were already at the house, would LE answer the phone if it rang ?

...i'm with you on your theory if..........the co-worker and janet had been IM'ing earlier in the evening ( while raven was at the game ) , janet suddenly stopped responding practically mid-sentence...........then...the co-worker hears it later on the news , and thinks OMG could it be janet? is that why she just disappeared earlier tonite ??
It seems like Raven is the Internet guru of the two... did Janet surf the web much? Can we find her anywhere online (such as former posts, email address, etc)?

PrayersForMaura said:
It seems like Raven is the Internet guru of the two... did Janet surf the web much? Can we find her anywhere online (such as former posts, email address, etc)?

I've spent sometime looking and have not turned up anything. That doesn't mean it isn't there, just that I have not found it.

There are more cell phones then land lines in North Carolina. I know they used to have a land line, but that could have changed in the last 5-6 months. I also know that they both had cell phones in the last 5-6 months.

I have an american car and i can not charge my phone. I know someone who has a german car and she can charge her phone. So i don't think it really matters who made your car or where it was made!

Maybe Raven was thinking of trying to take Janet to the hospital right after calling 911 becuase he didn't think they would get there in time, and ran outside to the car, then decided that wasnt a good idea and came back inside...maybe his cell phone was in the car.

From my experiences, the side door was used most of the time. There was a place to park the car in front of the house and to the side of the house.

The master bedroom was upstairs in the back right corner of the house, while the guest bedroom was the front left part of the upstairs.

If Raven came in the door that had the blood on it, Im having a hard time seeing how he could do so without seeing the blood.

Timex said:
If Raven came in the door that had the blood on it, Im having a hard time seeing how he could do so without seeing the blood.
I wondered the same. But, as someone pointed out, the blood was apparantly on the inside of the door... so presumably, he could open the door from the outside, push it closed once he got inside, and not look at back at the door itself I suppose??

SouthEastSleuth said:
I wondered the same. But, as someone pointed out, the blood was apparantly on the inside of the door... so presumably, he could open the door from the outside, push it closed once he got inside, and not look at back at the door itself I suppose??

he could have, but I wouldnt buy that scenario if I were on a jury.

I have a hard time believing that he would leave his cell phone in his car all night - I mean, this guy's looking for a job, trying to sell a vehicle (maybe 2?), heavily involved in soccer and such - he's just not going to be "unconnected" all night.

Munch - do you have any idea where Kaiden's room was, in relation to the master bedroom & the spare bedroom/office? When you come up the stairs (which are on the right hand side of the house, I believe), is Kaiden's room the first room you'd come to?

I dont see why he would leave it all night either, but then Im not sure we know he did. He could have had it clipped to his pants I guess, and simply made the call that way.

Also, did they both have their own phone numbers? Or were they on one of those plans where you can add extra phones to the same number for $9.99/month?

Timex said:
he could have, but I wouldnt buy that scenario if I were on a jury.
I absolutely agree Timex. And, I just pulled up the picture of that particular door (compliments of NCBanker!)....and as I recall from the warrant, they referred to blood on the interiors of both the door and the storm door...

If you look at the picture, you'll notice this storm door is primarily GLASS.

So it would seem very odd, to me anyway, that if he came in those doors after playing soccer (and according to Munch earlier tonight, that is the door they used most often)...that he would not notice blood on one or both of those doors.

I actually think that this whole line of thinking is incredibly important the more I think about it...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Golfmom/snap0010.jpg

SouthEastSleuth said:
I would think that he'd turn around to lock it if it was already late when he got home, and he was going up to bed.

SouthEastSleuth said:
I absolutely agree Timex. And, I just pulled up the picture of that particular door (compliments of NCBanker!)....and as I recall from the warrant, they referred to blood on the interiors of both the door and the storm door...

If you look at the picture, you'll notice this storm door is primarily GLASS.
If it was on the main door in the photo, I can see him missing it since it appears to be a burgundy color. Would he miss it on the glass? Seems much less likely - especially if that outside light was on. I wonder if LE takes note on whether or not that light was on.

JerseyGirl said:
If it was on the main door in the photo, I can see him missing it since it appears to be a burgundy color. Would he miss it on the glass? Seems much less likely - especially if that outside light was on. I wonder if LE takes note on whether or not that light was on.
Good point Jersey...however, remember the blood was seen, sampled, etc., from the INTERIOR...and my guess would be that the interior color of the door is probably white, or something, but most likely not the burgundy of the exterior??

Just to clarify - the warrant says that swabbings were taken from the interior side storm door and the interior side door frame.

Kaiden's room was the first 1 on the left. when you walk up the stairs, there was a bathroom right in front of you, take a left down the hall, Kaiden's room would then be on the left, the next room on the left was the guest bedroom/office and their master bedroom on the right.

Jesstexas said:
I have a hard time believing that he would leave his cell phone in his car all night - I mean, this guy's looking for a job, trying to sell a vehicle (maybe 2?), heavily involved in soccer and such - he's just not going to be "unconnected" all night.

Munch - do you have any idea where Kaiden's room was, in relation to the master bedroom & the spare bedroom/office? When you come up the stairs (which are on the right hand side of the house, I believe), is Kaiden's room the first room you'd come to?

Ya'll are forgetting ... if someone else did this crime, there might not have been blood on the door when Raven entered. Raven could have transferred the blood when he left the house to go to the car for some mysterious reason.

Jesstexas said:
Just to clarify - the warrant says that swabbings were taken from the interior side storm door and the interior side door frame.
As if the perp might have held the door while exiting, getting the blood on the side edge of the door (as opposed to the door surface)?

JerseyGirl said:
I would think that he'd turn around to lock it if it was already late when he got home, and he was going up to bed.
I thought that too at first, but I know a lot of people that forget.

It's not the smartest thing, but they still do it.

munch said:
Kaiden's room was the first 1 on the left. when you walk up the stairs, there was a bathroom right in front of you, take a left down the hall, Kaiden's room would then be on the left, the next room on the left was the guest bedroom/office and their master bedroom on the right.
So the door to the office was the furthest door from the stairs? The perp had to pass Kaiden's room to get to the office? Are the doors across the hall from each other - like is the master bedroom door directly across from Kaiden's room, and the office door is past the two of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kelc3769