Explosion Boston Marathon #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning friends,

I am in MA so it is not a Good Morning here at all. Much still coming out and I do know some friends of friends that were there. All I can say is that it is a very sad day here.

My thoughts are with you and all Bostonians today. My heart just hurts for everyone who was affected by this horrible act.

Big hugs --

Mel

Morning friends,

I am in MA so it is not a Good Morning here at all. Much still coming out and I do know some friends of friends that were there. All I can say is that it is a very sad day here.

Hugs to you and your community. (hugs)

Brothers watching Boston Marathon each lose a leg

Liz Norden, a mother of five, had just finished hauling groceries into her Wakefield home Monday afternoon when her cellphone rang.

“Ma, I’m hurt real bad,” said her 31-year-old son. He was in an ambulance, he told her, being rushed to Beth *Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

It was her second boy, who had gone with his older brother to watch a friend run in the Boston Marathon.

On the phone, her son said his legs were badly burned in an explosion. His brother had been next to him, but he didn’t know where he was.

Within the next two hours, amid frantic phone calls and a panicked drive into Boston, Norden pieced together the horrific truth that will forever change her two sons’ lives — and her own. Each of the brothers lost a leg, from the knee down. One was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess, while the other was at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-lost-limbs/67hOUjic1trR7AkX6kZZsI/story.html

Absolutely heartbreaking...

People stealing marathon jackets,while others are just feet away critically injured.

[video=youtube;1hM7Ura6Q4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hM7Ura6Q4w[/video]

Brothers watching Boston Marathon each lose a leg

Liz Norden, a mother of five, had just finished hauling groceries into her Wakefield home Monday afternoon when her cellphone rang.

“Ma, I’m hurt real bad,” said her 31-year-old son. He was in an ambulance, he told her, being rushed to Beth *Israel Deaconess Medical Center.

It was her second boy, who had gone with his older brother to watch a friend run in the Boston Marathon.

On the phone, her son said his legs were badly burned in an explosion. His brother had been next to him, but he didn’t know where he was.

Within the next two hours, amid frantic phone calls and a panicked drive into Boston, Norden pieced together the horrific truth that will forever change her two sons’ lives — and her own. Each of the brothers lost a leg, from the knee down. One was taken to Beth Israel Deaconess, while the other was at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...-lost-limbs/67hOUjic1trR7AkX6kZZsI/story.html

This just makes me cry.

I cant even say what I'd like to happen to the person responsible for this.

I will never understand someone who has such disregard for human life

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

NBC Nightly News ‏@nbcnightlynews 1m
It now appears there were no unexploded bombs in Boston, just the 2 that went off, senior law enforcement officials tell @PeteWilliamsNBC

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/world/asia/pakistan-taliban-marathon/

Pakistani Taliban denies involvement in Boston bombings

The Pakistani Taliban denied any involvement in a double bombing at the Boston Marathon

I had a chuckle when I read that. I needed it too after crying all day for the victims of the bombing. I can just imagine what went on in that phone call...wasn't us! wasn't us! nonononono make sure you tell them it wasn't us. :)

Thanks, CriminalMinds, that's an interesting interview. All those bomb-sniffing dogs present and these bombs went undetected... The person being interviewed expressed disbelief that this was just routine bomb inspections - perhaps LE was doing more inspections than usual because they were using this event for practice?

Very interesting about all the bomb sniffing dogs. I would assume quite a few people run that race every year so they would notice if the security was suddenly increased.

The news media keeps saying there was "no chatter" ahead of time but if the feds were tipped off it seems that would provide clues as to who did this. How would they get tipped off of if it was a lone nut job?

Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys 1m
CBS News: Apartment search in Revere, Massachusetts connected to person of interest being guarded at Boston-area hospital

If its a remote controled detonation switch a cellphone on the right frequency could set it off.

One snippet I heard/read was that the cellphone service was intentionally interrupted to keep the bomber from activating any more bombs.

What time did the race start? Did the race start at the same area it ended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drena519