Family Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
badme102
I have a family member that has been missing for 27 years.She has never been found.I have looked for her as a unidentified Jane Doe,skeletal remains,anthopologist offices anywhere and everywhere to try and find out where she could be.I know very well how LE works in these cases.I am just saying I thought LE and the sheriff just came out and said Terri was not a POI or a suspect and she was cooperating.I just really think they need to clear this up once and for all.I thought they did.

Suzanne, have you started a thread for your loved one in the missing but not forgotten subforum? If not, I'll be happy to give you a link for the correct subforum. If you already have, please let us have a link? TIA. There are many of us here that would like to help you in anyway we can if at all.

I bet she is about ready to blow! Pure fury.

Good lord Dr. F, can you imagine getting those two in the same room now? Atomic.

I know some are questioning why TH and/or her atty aren't speaking out on her behalf. FWIW, I have a good friend who works for a VERY highly respected criminal atty and tonite I got her input on this. She said there is absolutely no reason for TH or her attorney to speak out at this point as they owe nobody any type of response and there is nothing legally to be gained by it. She felt that TH's attorney would look at everything being said by LE and the parents and will find anything that could cause reasonable doubt. She said that the more the parents and LE talk, the better chance there is that there will be things said that will work in TH's favor. Also, if TH's attorney is any good, he will earn his money and do what is necessary to get the best deal for his client.

Thank you so much for posting this cj! I was looking for a plausible explanation and you gave it concisely! Many thanks :)

Pretty obvious now why everyone suspects Terri. I suspected her simply because she was the last person to see him in a school walking towards class yet nobody in the school saw him without her. Its more likely to me that he walked out with her and didnt walk in the school hallways alone. Then you hear about the suspected murder for hire. But now comebine that with the fact she has failed two polygraphs and that really looks bad for her, and unfortunately, for Kyron as well.

I hope Im wrong with everyone else who thinks Terri is behind this and somewhere Kyron is still breathing. It just looks very unlikely, this isnt the first time a crime like this has happened. Unfortunately for police they need some real evidence, they cant put Terri on trial with what they have and risk an aquittal and then a year later Kyrons remains are discovered. I think they have to wait, until they have solid evidence. The cell phone call from Suavie Island is a nice piece of evidence, especially it proves Terri was lying about where she was at that time. But they need more.

I hope law enforcement hold out and wait before pressing charges, something will happen soon.

I know some are questioning why TH and/or her atty aren't speaking out on her behalf. FWIW, I have a good friend who works for a VERY highly respected criminal atty and tonite I got her input on this. She said there is absolutely no reason for TH or her attorney to speak out at this point as they owe nobody any type of response and there is nothing legally to be gained by it. She felt that TH's attorney would look at everything being said by LE and the parents and will find anything that could cause reasonable doubt. She said that the more the parents and LE talk, the better chance there is that there will be things said that will work in TH's favor. Also, if TH's attorney is any good, he will earn his money and do what is necessary to get the best deal for his client.

bbm

I understand this statement, and I agree with you. However, it still makes me want to vomit.

Ok....so this is what I just can not comprehend. They both make it clear that they dislike TH, they don't trust TH, there were prior issues with TH....yet they both felt comfortable leaving 90% of the care and responsibility for Kyron to TH? If Kyron was so used to spending time with DY at her home on weekends and holidays and in summer....WHY would they not have had him move in with her? Why would you let someone you did not trust be with your child for even one minute? I had a neighbor who once backed into a car in her driveway, and then a week later ran into the front wall of her garage. I never let her drive my kids anywhere again and we have been friends for over 20 years! If you don't trust someone or have known them to lie, its a one and done situation. A child's life is more important than "family dynamics".

jmo

I think Desiree had her reasons to dislike Terri, one being that it is likely that she broke up her marriage while she was pregnant with Kyron, but I don't think in a million years she would have ever suspected her capable of harming him.

I think that you can know someone has issues, but still find them to be someone you can deal with - and feel comfortable about your child's safety. But when you get THAT call, every doubt, every subconscious thought, every weird instance would come crashing together for "just knowing"

Hindsight is 20/20. :(

Desiree Young on Terri Moulton: 'I know she's lying'​

kgw-16_58hormans.JPG

"I've known her a long time," Desiree Young said, "I know she's lying."

She drove home the points, saying "Mothers have instincts and unfortunately I had feelings about this when I got the phone call," about Kyron's disappearance.​

I wonder about this statement...it just makes me think, has she heard Terri lie about kidnapping a child before? MOO

Kyron Horman's parents publicly criticized his stepmother today, saying they are upset that Terri Horman is "not telling the truth" and not cooperating with the investigation into their son's disappearance.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/live_video_watch_the_kyron_hor.html

I read in one of these threads that TH's parents were staying with her at the house. Is this still true, and I wonder if this news conference is a way to get TH's parents to get TH to talk?

Iirc, a reporter asked the question about what is happening as there is no visual searching that the public can see, and her response was that there are investigators working, searching for him via, tech stuff, cell phone records and such. moo

Thank you... I couldn't hear it very well but haven't gone back and re-listened but I do remember the word "mechanical" being used. lol

When I first began to believe it was possible TH had something to do with Kyron's disappearance, I felt his father shared some responsibility for failing to protect him. I see it differently now. No relationship or family is perfect. As more has come out about this case, I can only think TH had many people fooled. I can't even read much about this case anymore because I find it all so disturbing. I don't know how those who love Kyron keep going. My heart breaks for Kyron's parents & stepfather. I still hope there will be a miracle and Kyron will return to them

I may be wrong but I don't recall LE ever saying she was not a suspect or a POI.
It is my understanding they just haven't named her as a suspect yet..They haven't named anyone.. However it is clear to me she must be on the list..IF they have a list...JMO
I thought the last sheriffs conference said it.I don't know where it is but I thought Lt. Mary Lindstrand came right out and said that somewhere too.

I think Desiree had her reasons to dislike Terri, one being that it is likely that she broke up her marriage while she was pregnant with Kyron, but I don't think in a million years she would have ever suspected her capable of harming him.

I am sure no one suspected that he would disappear or be physically harmed, but if I thought for one second that someone might speak to my child harshly, or punish them unfairly, or put their own needs before my child's......then that would be all it would take. There is plenty of blame to go around in this case for actions that allowed this to happen---IF it happened as they seem to believe.

jmo

I think it is time for Terri to speak now. With her attorney, in a controlled PC, but it is definitely time for her to speak.

I agree~ Enough Already!

I hope LE can garner something from TH's cell phone-calls, etc. linked to someone who possibly was an accomplice. I am still not clear as to why someone called on Sat. night wanting $10,000 from TH, can someone clarify this for me? Thanks so much!~

Snipped by me, sorry if this has been said (I haven't read all of the posts).

What if this is one of the key questions TH failed on the polygraph???

"TH, how is your relationship with Kyron" "Great!" (BIG FAT LIE)

What if the question was, "Have you answered all of the questions honestly?"

and she failed it?

It appears that one of the reasons that TH and KH were the custodial parents must have revolved around Kyron. TH was a stay-at-home mother while DH needed to work following her health issues, etc. For TH, custody of KH would have necessitated juggling child care, more financial and emotional responsibility, etc. KH was settled with Kaine and TH. To me, this would seems to be a real possibility why DH didn't challenge the custody arrangement.

I am impressed by the demeanor, candor, and raw emotion exhibited by both KH and DG at the press conference. I think a "mom" does know when someone is lying to them. It may be incorporated in the "X" chromosone or ??? I know my husband has been clueless to what were to me obvious fibs by our children through the years.

I was trying to find some sample polygraph questions and remembered the trial of Danielle Van Dam's murderer, David Westerfield. The questions that e indicated that he was not being truthful were all related to Danielle.
PR: Regarding whether or not you yourself are involved in the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, do you intend to answer truthfully each question about that?

DW: Yes.

PR: Regarding the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, do you suspect anyone in particular of being responsible for her missing?

DW: No.

PR: Regarding the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, do you know for sure who is responsible for her missing?

PR: Other than what you told me, during the first 40 years of your life, do you remember ever lying to anyone who loved and trusted you?

PR: Regarding the disappearance of Danielle van Dam, are you yourself in any way responsible for her missing?

from http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2003/jan/23/you-think-im-guilty-something/

If you read the entire article, you will see how the examiner set up the questioning, the questions asked, and the explanation of Westerfield's response. Certainly many well-respected individuals see the possibility of errors in such testing. To me, however, it is an indication of "where" LE probably should focus some attention. In and of themselves, lie detector tests are not admissable as evidence in a court of law for "proof" of guilt. Obviously there are good reasons for this, but they can be used as one of the investigative tools to guide LE, IMO.

At one point, Desiree said that something was 'ridiculous'. Was that statement about the fact that Kyron was still missing after a month or because they were still waiting for Terri to talk? My volume was too low to hear everything properly. TIA.

I fell aslep and missed the presser when it was being live streamed. Now all the links where it was live streamed don't work for me when I try to watch it now. So thank you to everyone who narrated the presser, I was hoping NG would at the very least run this on her show tonight (eyeroll here) but no such luck. Lindsay is more important and more newsworthy.....gag.

Appears all is falling into place (we are finding out) just as I "suspected" from the beginning. Terri is a liar and not just this one time. There is no love between DY and TH, never has been. Kaine suspected Terri, but I think DY suspected her from the get-go. DY really didn't want TH close to her during the first presser, like we speculated based on body langage. How she restrained herself from decking TH is beyond me. I would have thrown up right on camera if TH had touched me like that, knowing she knew what had happened to my child. DY has incredible restraint. I admire her grace under pressure. Very much like Sharon Rocha.
Why Kaine stayed with someone who he knew was a lair and trusted her with not just one but two small children, as well as her own 16 yr old, is a mystery to me. Let this be a lesson to those who are staying with a lying partner and are deluding themselves into thinking everything wll be ok. Protect your children.
I hope Kaine does kick Terri's sorry a$$ out of HIS home so the baby and he can return to their own surroundings. Terri can go live -where ever-, maybe her parents will take her back in to their home. Personally I would be scared to be in the same home with her no matter how I was or was not related to her. God only knows what she is capable of.
I pray that DY and KH can find some peace and that LE is able to somehow make an arrest as soon as legally possible and put Terri in a cold concrete cell where she belongs. She's not human enough to give up the location of that precious little boy, so lock her up like the animal she is.

MOO

abbie

Yes. Even if it is just the attorney, with some of her answers. She will get picked apart anyway, whether she appears or not. If she appears, she will be criticized, yet if she doesn't, she will be labeled a coward or guilty. But if he is hired to defend her, he may well want to start now.

I agree that it would make no difference at all.

So why do it? He's got to be figuring he will have his hands full if she is arrested. Plus, she didn't engage him for three weeks, so he's probably spending a lot of time with her going over what she said during the various interviews so that he has as good a picture as he can get as to what he has to work with.

Additionally, if he thinks he may need to try for a change of venue at some point, it is easier to argue for one if it is clear that he wasn't already engaged in contaminating the potential jury pool. Giving the appearance of rising above rarely hurts.

His client has a lot more to lose at this point, I think, if he does speak up.

I may be wrong, though. I'm certainly not a lawyer, just an amateur strategist.

KR2, the lawnguy was wired by police after he told his story. They wanted to catch Terri in a conversation with him about the kill for hire. It didn't pan out as she shut him down pretty quickly. Then, evidently called 911.

This thread is closing very soon. If there are certain questions asked during the presser that you would like to discuss further, please feel free to open a topic thread.

I may be wrong but I don't recall LE ever saying she was not a suspect or a POI. It is my understanding they just haven't named her as a suspect yet..They haven't named anyone.. However it is clear to me she must be on the list..IF they have a list...JMO

BBM. Methinks it's a very short list ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member