Family Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
But how does someone with info about Kyron get around the fact that they are committing a crime already? They'd have to be in on it...and they couldn't collect from Belize or whereever...I just don't think rewards do the trick in this kind of case, anyone who knows where Kyron is is in it up to their necks...

Not like that movie with Harrison Ford where he has the reward for finding his son, dumps it on the desk of the news media, tells the camera that it's now an offer on the kidnappers head, and then the kidnappers turn on each other until one fakes finding Harrison's son and returns him to collect the reward, only to find out he was the kidnapper.

during the task force press conference, stanton said he has not decided how he was going to use the $14,000 raised in kyron's name. he mentioned he hasn't touched any of the money and said he may use it to support the family (he mentioned other ways as well). I wonder if dy has asked or thought about asking stanton to put that money toward the reward fund.

I think part of the reason for DY's obvious frustration today is that the Gresham PD have declined to assist on the task force, due to lack of resources.

http://www.kptv.com/news/25243879/detail.html

If DY is aware of that news, I'm sure it scares her and worries her that local LE depts. don't have the funding to assist in the investigation.

My heart goes out to her.

Explains alot. It's very sad that money is a factor, but it is.

I think Desiree just did this on her own, as she stated...she may not have taken advice from her husband on this. This was just her own plea...

I'm just feeling sick for her...and there is nothing anyone can do...execpt for the criminal or criminals involved...

Hate to ask this, but is reward for Kyron being found alive only?

The reward was anonymous was it not? I wonder if KH, DY & TY know who donated it. I wonder if it was Intel, if not you'd think they would donate to the reward fund.

I have to keep reminding myself that Desiree is married to a detective. That being said, I'm guessing maybe Tony thinks an increase in reward may help also?

or the anonymous donor could have been either grandparents...just a thought....

or the anonymous donor could have been either grandparents...just a thought....

Yes, or anyone else, including TH herself, that's why I wonder if KH, DY or TY even know who the donor was, they may not.

ETA When was the orignal reward offered?

I have always wondered on what would motivate someone on the award? Are there any stats on this??? I have always wondered about that, because I would think off hand, yes that person was up-to-their necks as some have said, I believe that too. Given this case though, the parents feel someone(s) are also involved. Their have been appeals for emails, little pieces hinted at for TH's friends to come forward that maybe the little pieces can fit the puzzle. Kaine had his beaking-down/frustration in a presser, hinting IMO that even if you don't want to come forward because of the media, do it for this innocent child. In this case, possibly (grasping here) someone may take the chance to send or talk to LE...what do they have to loose (even if they think TH is innocent)? Like I said "grasping here" on upping the reward. It also may have been the only way to get the media's attention without wanting to comment on the Task-Force or lack of thereof. It also like I mentioned earlier is a way to appeal to the depts. who haven't made up their mind to dedicate detective to the Kyron Task Force. Nothing is easy in this case, and my heart goes out to his parents.

I wonder what will happen to the MCSO task force if the other agencies are unable to lend manpower?

I agree with you, Dee - I think DY was making an appeal in a roundabout way to the other agencies, especially since the article stated that they hadn't yet come to a decision.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/desiree_young_pleads_for_contr.html

"Young encouraged anyone who wants to donate to call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. Sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said she was caught by surprise by Young's announcement and said the sheriff's office needed more time to figure out how they would accept donations to go toward a reward fund."

???

This seems odd. Wouldn't such a procedure already be in place by now?

(Link also has first 3 minutes of the conference before the Q&A started.)

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/10/desiree_young_pleads_for_contr.html

"Young encouraged anyone who wants to donate to call the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. Sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand said she was caught by surprise by Young's announcement and said the sheriff's office needed more time to figure out how they would accept donations to go toward a reward fund."

???

This seems odd. Wouldn't such a procedure already be in place by now?

(Link also has first 3 minutes of the conference before the Q&A started.)

I think this proves Desiree was flying on her own today...she may not have even known what she was going to say herself, before she began...

I think this proves Desiree was flying on her own today...she may not have even known what she was going to say herself, before she began...

Hello. Yes, but I still find it odd that the Sheriff's office doesn't already have a reward donation process in place.

Does anyone have a link for the full presser? TIA!

She [Lindstrand] said the initial $50,000 came from an anonymous donor, and that the donor has maintained control of the funds. She said that donor has shown interest in contributing another large sum.

The MCSO doesn't have control over the initial reward fund, so this could explain why they need time to figure out how to accept donations for a reward fund.

what stunned you Kat010? That she had a presser or what she had to say or all of the above?

So much, JBean. Not that she had the presser. I'm surprised, but not stunned, that TY wasn't there.

I've been off thinking about all this while doing other stuff and I've got to say that I have a chilling feeling. I really do. I'm afraid the tragedies may only have begun.

I know that many of you who've gone through several cases here on WS have repeatedly said that something in this case is really hincky. And I think now that there are depths we haven't yet even approached.

Here's something that bothered me: her "disappointment" that TH's family hadn't gotten in touch with her or them. The following is not meant to be critical, but just a recitation.

KH takes TH's daughter, legally gets her forbidden from even seeing her, then gets her booted out of their home, leaving her homeless (if her family hadn't taken her in), without an income, and without a job or the possibility of getting one. Next KH and DY mount a seemingly never-ending campaign, from local to national, alleging that TH took Kyron, did a crime. Plus she's a liar, a drunk, etc. etc. DY even said something like she's always been a liar.

And then they expect to "hear" from TH's family? I don't think so. Truthfully, I think that's very weird thinking. If you were TH's family, would you be calling DY up after all this got started?

Something about today literally scared me. And that's rare for me.

I also noticed something else. DY said that she had "called" everyone together for...x. OK, that one word "called" is...an indicator. Let me explain--the better way to say something would have been "I asked you to come, and thank you." That acknowledges that she has asked a favor, and been granted one.

That, plus the expectation that TH's family should have gotten in touch, adds up to almost a sense of entitlement. And I am not criticizing her. I am instead looking, from my training, including that 100 or so hour course I took on analyzing statements, at how she said what she said.

She's angry. She's frustrated. She's exhausted. She's broken-hearted. And I think it's time for TY to take care of her at home. Because what I'm hearing and seeing is frankly, some skewed thinking (not a criticism). The thing about "Terri's supporters" and "it's not about Terri" and "if she can get 350,00 for her defense, shouldn't we have the same amount" is not only too personal, but also sets up an angry conflict with anyone who isn't, in KH's words, "on the team." The only people that keep making it "about Terri" are DY and KH. And it isn't a competition--she gets x, so we are due x or y.

I suspect that the hurt from Kaine leaving her, cheating on her, and doing it for Terri still runs deep. And it's adding to the righteous anger, in a very bad way. JMO.

Please don't anyone be mad at me. But truly, I think that the more DY or DY/KH carry on about TH--and then lash out at others for making it "about Terri" the less credence the "missing" part of Kyron's case will have. I wish she had just stopped without all the Terri stuff.

JMO.

What is this I don't even...?

Once again I feel like something has happened just off-stage and I have no idea what it is.

Brilliantly stated as usual, Kat010. The emphasis in this case is just so weirdly off-kilter.

Maybe we are just witnessing a woman having a breakdown in real time...

She [Lindstrand] said the initial $50,000 came from an anonymous donor, and that the donor has maintained control of the funds. She said that donor has shown interest in contributing another large sum.

The MCSO doesn't have control over the initial reward fund, so this could explain why they need time to figure out how to accept donations for a reward fund.

Thank you. I don't know how reward funds work. I just thought something would have been in place so that other people could donate to a reward-specific fund. Hopefully they can get something set up quickly.

I have often believed myself that if the reward was large enough Kyron would come home.... jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member