Federal Indictment: James Burke, Former Suffolk Co PD Chief, December 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember you messaging me a few years ago explaining to me about the SCPD Hawk. I'm very glad all this is happening now. Always believed you by the way :) Its a shame it took so long for this to happen. I know the chances are probably slim but it sure would be something if one of these guys turned out to be lisk.

I agree but you never know. One thing I firmly believe in is they are hiding something that involves someone in some way they don't want you to know. Truth is if I was the detective in this case and was given full rein Burke would be on the top of my list to be investigated until such time I was satisfied he was not.

You do realize that in the Gary Melius shooting that Gary was going out to keep a luncheon appointment with Al D'Amato. Funny how the shooter seemed to know just when to be in that parking lot to be there when Gary left. Do you think he would have spent hours, days, or weeks waiting for Gary and risk being caught on video as a suspicious vehicle. Do you think for one second the SCPD and DA are going to be stalking D'Amato.

WOW! This is big. I always thought the Mafia was involved somehow through their prostitution business, and of course, the Suffolk Police Chief was paid off to thwart and bury the LISK investigations. Thanks to Hawk for all the info.

The word in the street is a lot of people are saying Burke could be LISK. Ha, ha, I wonder how Burke feels now that he is the subject of rumors? Only recently an ADA showed up at a police facility and he told a cop that my son in law was guilty of the crimes he was convicted of. He told the cop they had wiretap and video evidence proving he was guilty. THERE ARE NO SUCH TAPES OR VIDEOS AND THERE NEVER WAS ! Lies, lies, and more lies because they knew this cop had been talking to me. How does it feel, Jimmy? Hey, watch out for the rats and roaches in MDC. I hope you stay there until they prosecute you or when more likely you confess to your crimes.

Has anyone documented the last time each victim had contact with any member of law enforcement?

IMO, it seems easy enough for an officer to coerce (threaten) a victim.

Has anyone documented the last time each victim had contact with any member of law enforcement?

IMO, it seems easy enough for an officer to coerce (threaten) a victim.
A member of UTOPIA had it in for Amber (Carolina). He said he knows SOMEONE who takes care of stuff like this. Who is that SOMEONE? At some point he went on to say it was taken care of. And you wont be hearing from the two sisters anymore. And then Amber was killed. This is who the Feds should come down on.

A member of UTOPIA had it in for Amber (Carolina). He said he knows SOMEONE who takes care of stuff like this. Who is that SOMEONE? He went on to say it was taken care of. And you wont be hearing from the two sisters anymore. And then Amber was killed. This is who the Feds should come down on.

Right. I remember that info.

And, I think MBB's last (or one of her last) calls was a police officer (??NYPD)

So either this UTOPIA guy was blowing alot of hot air or he contacted SOMEONE. A caller asked Amber to meet him at the Holiday Express. She declined. She was baited a few weeks later with the promise of big money. She left with the killer.

So either this UTOPIA guy was blowing alot of hot air or he contacted SOMEONE. A caller asked Amber to meet him at the Holiday Express. She declined. She was baited a few weeks later with the promise of big money. She left with the killer.

Megan could have been coerced from her hotel room.

AFAIK, we've heard nothing about her phone records.

A member of UTOPIA had it in for Amber (Carolina). He said he knows SOMEONE who takes care of stuff like this. Who is that SOMEONE? At some point he went on to say it was taken care of. And you wont be hearing from the two sisters anymore. And then Amber was killed. This is who the Feds should come down on.

Utopiaguide....a strange stinky place with some familiar handles

Fred&Edna, megan rented a room. There was no reason for her to leave. She must have been offered big money for the night also.

Fred&Edna, megan rented a room. There was no reason for her to leave. She must have been offered big money for the night also.

Well, right. Additional money has been discussed before... being threatened by LE was just my attempt a "different" thought on the subject.

Call me cynical, but I don't see this going as far is it needs to go. Sure we will see the EDNY rack up some convictions, and some press releases will be issued stating no one is above the law, but the sad fact is institutions will remain above the law. Do you really think the FBI is going to conduct such a exhaustive investigation where it could implicate the bureau and tarnish the image they have cultivated since J. Edgar Hoover was the director. Burke may have disbanded the gang task force, but did he also disband the Asset Forfeiture Task Force. This is a cash cow for the state and federal law enforcement, 31 million was collected in 2014.
Good reading below, a SCPD detective who was on a federal task force managed to get a proffer precluded from trial due to the detectives"egregious"behavior with the defendant. This made the NY law journal notable decisions list, the equivalent would be a stupid criminal list in the NY Post. Hopefully, his new career as a Suffolk County Legislator will be a more righteous line of work.
http://www.nyfederalcriminalpractice.com/2007/10/edny-judge-precludes-use-of-de.html

I agree but you never know. One thing I firmly believe in is they are hiding something that involves someone in some way they don't want you to know. Truth is if I was the detective in this case and was given full rein Burke would be on the top of my list to be investigated until such time I was satisfied he was not. You do realize that in the Gary Melius shooting that Gary was going out to keep a luncheon appointment with Al D'Amato. Funny how the shooter seemed to know just when to be in that parking lot to be there when Gary left. Do you think he would have spent hours, days, or weeks waiting for Gary and risk being caught on video as a suspicious vehicle. Do you think for one second the SCPD and DA are going to be stalking D'Amato.

Gee, LT Drebin, if only the court held the same opinion when Spota's hand-picked goons dropped in on Daniel W and told him to fire his lawyer and hire one 'that works well with us.' they then tried to steer the guy to Spota's other goon. that was caught on tape. Spota knew nothing about it.

The FEDS not airing out their dirty laundry? You got that one right and it many times the reason our justice system is all screwed up.

ABOUT TARNISHED IMAGES. remember the "Mafia" cop case. Mob boss Gaspipe Casso described to the FEDS in chapter and verse how the two detectives did murder, etc., The FEDS were writing gleefully. They finish with him and turn the tape off. Casso is reported to have said: What, you don't want to hear about the Agents. The burn marks on the floor that were made when they blasted out of the room might still be there. The case was dormant for 10 years. Informant tells you two detectives are serial murderers and YOU DO NOTHING! I can go on forever.

God, I am having the hardest time posting the link to a long article in the New York Times today about Burke and Spota. Someone else who knows how will have to link to it, sorry.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/04/n...st-hints-at-broader-federal-inquiry.html?_r=0

hawkshaw should approve of the opening paragraph!

"Even today the crime is remembered, with a shudder, across Long Island.

Hidden in the woods in Smithtown, N.Y., a boy’s battered body was found with six rocks jammed down his throat.

The prosecution’s key witnesses included a teenager named James Burke, whose testimony against his neighborhood friends helped send them to prison."

edited to add: no mention of the LISK case but imo an excellent recap/explainer that sheds light on why the case may have been badly bungled, not properly investigated, or even sabotaged on purpose.

You can run an organization from a street corner, store front, an apt, a garage, or the offices of LE. The notion that the latter was acceptable had to take root at some point in time. When was that and under what circumstances?

Indictment of James Burke tarnishes Suffolk County

Now the dangerous Burke is in a cell in a Brooklyn detention center. And he might be even more dangerous if he cooperates with prosecutors. Bellone, Spota, departing police Commissioner Edward Webber, and commissioner nominee Timothy Sini, who supervised the department for 15 months as deputy county executive, should start talking, too. Tell the public what you knew or didn’t know, so we can decide whether you deserve to keep your jobs.

Newsday Editorial

GREAT STUFF, SHADOW, and trust me you haven't heard the half of it. If you heard the whole story it would blow your mind. I still believe the major reason Gilgo hasn't been solved is because of that devil's pact made between Burke and Spota. It goes way beyond Burke and Spota, it goes to the whole tainted political cesspool of Suffolk County.

Judge Hudson, I hope you are reading this because I expect you will soon see your name pop up in another scandal in a major newspaper. And you can't say I didn't warn you. You just ignored it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
supertooth