Netherlands Fem 20-35 yrs, 163-71 cm, 3 scars, several moles, bracelet, found in a creek near the apartment complex Uilenstede in Amstelveen, 13 Jan. 1995

JennieM

Reaction score

Case name: The woman with the bracelet
Case code: 2023-NL05

The case​

On Friday 13 January 1995, a passer-by saw a plastic package floating in the water and called the police. The package turned out to contain part of the body of a woman, wrapped in a sheet. Her head, lower legs and one arm were not found. The police investigated the case but has not been able to establish the woman’s identity.

Characteristics​

The woman was probably a heavy smoker, as she had strong nicotine stains on her right hand. She had very short nails, and may have been a nailbiter. The victim had two noticeable scars on her right arm: one on the upper arm from the smallpox vaccination, and one on the elbow. She had several distinctive moles on her upper body. It is possible that the bracelet worn by the victim offers important clues for establishing her identity.

Contact
If you have any information regarding the possible identity of this person, please contact the Dutch national police via the form below.

You can also contact them and view this case on their national police website.

I was wondering about her bracelet. I don't think it's a real Cartier.

Her bracelet
1686131353299.png

Real Cartier
1686131063759.png
Rigid "Double C" bracelet
Threaded in tri-color 18k gold, the ends set with 8/8 diamonds. Made in France circa 2015.

Note: either the advertiser is wrong about when it's made (2015) or there is something else going on, because this woman was found in 1995. Maybe there was an earlier version? Also the bracelets have serial numbers, you can check.

One with gemstones. C looks also slightly different.
1686130299031.png

Or just another rip-off or maybe even a proto-type before Cartier came out with it? Hers has 9 stones. I don't think the stones are real. It would represent a lot of money and a real Cartier could be traced back. It doesn't sound logical to leave that on the remains.

ETA

Last edited:
I found a picture of the scar on her elbow. No idea what could have caused that. Onbekende vrouw Uilenstede nu cold case | Amstelveen Blog

1686844157712.png

The woman probably smoked a lot, given the heavy nicotine stains on her right hand.

Are they positive this are nicotine stains? My smoking friend has only stains when he is smoking shag, not when he is smoking cigarettes. And only on two fingers (middle and index). I'm almost sure the UID was smoking shag (hand-rolling tobacco). I know women who are smoking shag but there are not a lot. It's unknown on what fingers she had stains only that it was on the right hand. Could it be something different, f.i. henna.

I wonder if something is known about the garbage bags. I've seen this blue bags used in cleaning carts, big (public) trash cans and catering industry. Probably nothing of interest as they would have published it. Same with the sheet she was wrapped in.

I found a picture of the scar on her elbow. No idea what could have caused that. Onbekende vrouw Uilenstede nu cold case | Amstelveen Blog

View attachment 429038

The woman probably smoked a lot, given the heavy nicotine stains on her right hand.

Are they positive this are nicotine stains? My smoking friend has only stains when he is smoking shag, not when he is smoking cigarettes. And only on two fingers (middle and index). I'm almost sure the UID was smoking shag (hand-rolling tobacco). I know women who are smoking shag but there are not a lot. It's unknown on what fingers she had stains only that it was on the right hand. Could it be something different, f.i. henna.
I'm from northern Europe, and in 95 "we all" smoked rolling tobacco, especially if you where young and/or low on money. JMO

I'm from northern Europe, and in 95 "we all" smoked rolling tobacco, especially if you where young and/or low on money. JMO
I'm from the Netherlands and a smoker. You bring me back to 1995 :) I was in my early 30's then, my father had just died and I was pregnant (non-smoking intermezzo). I agree with you that smoking rolling tobacco was mostly done by people who were low on money, not necessarily young and it's still like that.

Her supposedly smoking a lot and biting her nails makes me think she was very nervous, having a difficult time in life and/or something/someone made her very nervous.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back