FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen some questions about why TM's family would file for trademarks. -
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-28/...rk-issue-trademark-applications?_s=PM:JUSTICE -

"We keep getting called about trademarks and this kind of thing," Crump said. "There are so many people out there doing things with Trayvon's name and some inappropriate people, so without that trademark they did not have the right to tell them to cease and desist."

&

"Kimra Major-Morris, another lawyer for the family who filed the trademark applications, said the family was worried others could use the phrases to exploit the Florida teen's death. One example she gave was someone falsely claiming to be raising funds for the family." -

I think it's a shame the family had to deal with those issues so soon after TM's death.

Wasn't there an incident involving GZ when he worked in security for a business where an incident broke out and a coworker or someone saw him snap and shove or push someone? I can see TM maybe saying or doing something that could have made GZ snap.

Sorry don't mean to be vague but it is after 2am ya know. :biggrin:

He apparently picked up a drunk woman and threw her and she sprained her ankle. I read that article this morning but I don't have a link at the moment.

While us night owls are ruminating i have to say that your lovely artwork depicting both parties standing rings true for me, Papa. I don't think that George Zimmerman could have spent anytime prone on the ground on his back. That jacket he is wearing on the intake video is polar fleece, I have one just like it. I am pretty sure everyone in my state owns at least one. The worst thing about polar fleece is that everything sticks to it, I mean everything, fur, crunched up bits of leaves, grass, twigs, fluff, everything. All of that stuff gets woven into the fluffy fibers, too. You can't brush it all off, some of it has to be picked out, it's time consuming and irksome. Now, polar fleece handles water really well, it wicks and dries fast, I wouldn't necessarily expect it to look wet from the rain on the video. But George Zimmerman is wearing pants, shouldn't those pants be soaking wet if he was pinned under someone on the wet ground in a downpour? They don't look wet to me, and none of the reports mention his pants as being wet. Moo

As long as I am speculating, I speculate that Trayvon Martin tried to turn or move away after Zimmerman didn't answer his question as to why he was following him and GZ grabbed Trayvon's arm or shoulder to prevent the *advertiser censored****** from getting away. That scenario feels right to me.

About the time the police report there was a news article, Sentinel I think but could have been on TV where an official said the evidence showed he was shot at close range. Vague I know - disregard if you like, cause I'm not going to attempt to find a link tonight - bed time.

Not just close but VERY close.

Zimmerman then shot Trayvon once in the chest at very close range, according to authorities.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager

I've seen some questions about why TM's family would file for trademarks. -
http://articles.cnn.com/2012-03-28/...rk-issue-trademark-applications?_s=PM:JUSTICE -

"We keep getting called about trademarks and this kind of thing," Crump said. "There are so many people out there doing things with Trayvon's name and some inappropriate people, so without that trademark they did not have the right to tell them to cease and desist."

&

"Kimra Major-Morris, another lawyer for the family who filed the trademark applications, said the family was worried others could use the phrases to exploit the Florida teen's death. One example she gave was someone falsely claiming to be raising funds for the family." -

I think it's a shame the family had to deal with those issues so soon after TM's death.
What I don't understand is how those two specific phrases offer any protection against anything but the use of those two phrases. Can anyone shed some light on this? It's not like she went and trademarked his actual name, as far as I can tell.

He apparently picked up a drunk woman and threw her and she sprained her ankle. I read that article this morning but I don't have a link at the moment.
No problem, I can't find my link either, although a post above mentioned a bouncer so maybe it was at a bar? :dunno:

Just noticed I didn't read far enough :sheesh:

That's it, bedtime for me!

I'm going to say it: this case will end up exactly where the duke lacrosse case did.
I really dont see any connection between the two cases unless your implying that this is a case of an innocent person being framed by coniving black people and the evil media.
The 'victim' in the Lacrosse case wasnt really assaulted un-armed Trayvon Martin was most certainly shot to death.

Which witnesses? The guy interviewed by Anderson Cooper didn't know who was on top of whom.

She and her friend say they heard the sounds from a few steps away, where they were inside beside an open window. Seconds later, they dashed out to find a boy face down on the ground and a man standing over him, a foot on each side of the body on the ground, with his hands pinning the shooting victim down.
“I know what I heard. I heard a cry and a shot,” Mora said. “If there was a fight, it did not happen here where the boy was shot. I would have heard it, as this all happened right outside my open window.”
The women think there may well have been a physical altercation between the two, but it must have taken place in a different spot, where Zimmerman perhaps had a chance to compose himself and draw his weapon.
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/15/v-fullstory/2696446/trayvon-martin-case.html

I'm thinking different witnesses saw different portions of the incident. One guy saw two people rolling around but wasn't sure who was on top. Another guy saw Trayvon on top and two others saw Zimmerman straddling Trayvon, pinning him down.

My scenario is that Zimmerman aggressively confronted Trayvon, asked him what he was doing there, pushed him and Trayvon tried to fight back. They may have ended up on the ground, rolled around a bit, Trayvon tried to get away, moving near the last two witnesses yard, Zimmerman pointed his gun, Trayvon yelled for help repeatedly when he saw thew gun and Zimmerman shot him.

Again, I base my conclusion that Zimmerman was the aggressor on the facts that:
1. Zimmerman had the violent background, not Trayvon.
a. Zimmerman had past allegations of DV, (including several different instances of violence against an ex, like pushing), that resulted in a mutual stay away order after he responded with his own allegations.
b. Zimmerman assaulted an officer, was arrested and charged, was ordered to undergo anger management and when he did so, the charges were dismissed.
c. Several neighbors had complained to the HOA and to LE about Zimmerman's aggressive tactics as the self-appointed neighborhood watch captain.
2. Zimmerman wanted to be a cop and called 911 repeatedly and excessively, often about minor things like garage doors left open or kids playing in the street, fitting the profile of a man with low self-esteem who desires power, control and to be the hero.
3. Zimmerman stated, "these *******s always get away" before pursuing Trayvon.
4. Zimmerman continued to pursue Trayvon despite the police dispatcher asking him if he was following the suspect and telling him, "We don't need you to do that, despite assenting that he would not follow, "Ok."
5. The audio indicated Zimmerman took something out of his glove compartment before he left the car to follow Trayvon on foot.
6. Trayvon's girlfriend heard the pursuit, indicated Trayvon was scared and trying to get away from Zimmerman and heard to initial confrontation. To her, it sounded like something impacted Trayvon such that his earbud was dislodged from his head.
7. Zimmerman's friend stated that Zimmerman was "fed up" with hoodlums in his neighborhood.

I deal with a lot of DV cases. Both defending against and pursuing DV restraining orders. In these cases, the backgrounds, criminal histories of, or past allegations against the parties, have much to bear on who is believed.

IMO, based on my experience, had this been a DV case where both parties survived, Trayvon would have received a restraining order against Zimmerman if they gave conflicting stories to the court.

But it's not a DV case and Trayvon is not alive to tell his story. We have Zimmerman's account to police and his purported accounts to his family, etc., which conflict. I have no reason to believe Zimmerman who stands to face homicide charges if his story is not backed up by the evidence.

I've tried listening to it several times and am not sure. Hope that the FBI can enhance it too.

I think they already have, and I think it must be something benign or we'd still be hearing about it, IMO

Hi all! I've not posted much lately due to computer problems. I wanted to mention that my FB friend who used to work with GZ posted a "Justice for GZ" link on his page. I didn't click on it but it should be easy to find for those who are interested.

wm

ETA It's not a FB page, it's a website. Here's the link

http://justiceforgeorge.com/

BTW......justice for Trayvon!

Actually I think it was a neighbors garage door being open, and if the neighbors garage door is usually never open and then for an extended time he sees it open and doesn't see the neighbor anywhere around then I can see that as being suspicious.

The motor on my garage door has been acting up in recent weeks and gets stuck in the open position for a period of time. I'm glad none of my neighbors called the police on me.

Interesting Animation:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enGWcdUYr5c&feature=player_embedded"]FBI investigates shooting of Florida teen - YouTube[/ame]

Hi all! I've not posted much lately due to computer problems. I wanted to mention that my FB friend who used to work with GZ posted a "Justice for GZ" link on his page. I didn't click on it but it should be easy to find for those who are interested.

wm

ETA It's not a FB page, it's a website. Here's the link

http://justiceforgeorge.com/

BTW......justice for Trayvon!

That site belongs to Frank Taafe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online