GUILTY FL - Ahziya Osceola, 3, beaten to death, Hollywood, 19 March 2015 *stepmother arrested*

I'm not calling you prejudice, but I wanted to clear a few misconceptions from your post. I live on an Indian Reservation in New York, so I have some idea what I'm talking about. Until I know more about who was a Seminole tribal member and who wasn't, I can't help much with jurisdiction. Obviously one of these parents lives on the reservation or the tribe wouldn't have been called. Native children in the US are covered on the Indian Child Welfare Act. Since the American government used to take Native children from their parents and place them in schools or with white parents to teach them how to be "civilized", the act was created to change that. Each tribe in the US may or may not have their own police force and children's services, so some contract that out to local jurisdictions. For instance, where I am does not have their own police force, so when I call 911, the state police respond. Would it help if some of this was streamlined? Probably. But to say that a group of people has lower expectations especially when it comes to our children is just patently false and misguided.

Ooooh, glad I didn't see that post about lower expectations...:bigfight:

I agree. And he wasn't found until the second search of the house. If it was a pile of clothes on the floor, surely the police would have sifted through it the first go-around. The police chief emphasized the "obscure" location and angle Ahizya was in. There's got to be more to it than a mere pile of clothes.

Consider this: if the family members / adults in the home painted the picture that Ahizya was missing from the home, they likely purposefully directed the search away from the home. All initial reports mentioned door-to-door searches, and such that focused on looking for him outside of his father's residence. I truly believe this happened for a reason.

There's no way the K9 / SAR would have missed him on a first pass, had they been allowed to do a thorough search within the home initially.

This leaves one of two options (or a combination of the two):

Prior to the initial LE contact being made, he was hidden away, and then LE was redirected; or....
while resources were being utilized in the neighborhood, there was enough time for whoever was in the house to hide him where he was found.

LE has been very clear. There's no way he places himself in the manner in which he was found. This is one of the few facts we do know. It is a heartbreaking fact. :moo:

I hope LE gives a presser soon. A joint statement from Tribal officials and the Sheriff would be even better.

:twocents:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a poor housekeeper is negligence at least. Or it's someone trying to pass the smell test with dogs. Cause of course a pile of the deceased dirty laundry will have the same body odors..up to a point of course then the stink occurs. But either way..Clean your house ! Sounds like maybe Grandpa needed to have custody of this baby boy. It also sounds like the child had little chance of anything good happening to him. Even as crappy as the mom sounds I think he would still be alive if she had him..I know even with another baby found wandering..at least the baby was alive.

Custody of Ahiziya's siblings denied?

Dad of deceased toddler denied custody of 2 other kids
Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:35:48 UTC
(This time stamp doesn't make sense)

Embedded video also at link:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (WSVN) -- A judge has ordered that a father stay away from his two other children as police continue to investigate the mysterious death of his 3-year-old son.
(snip)
The father faced a judge for a dependency hearing at the Broward County Courthouse Monday afternoon. At the end of the hearing, a judge granted a relative custody of the children that used to share the home on the 5400 block of Johnson Street where the younger Osceola was found dead with the father and his current wife. The father was ordered not to have contact with while the investigation continues.
(snip)
The step-mother who lived in that house with the boy has been hospitalized in the psychiatric ward since Friday. Whether police are able to talk her or not remains unknown.
The father of the boy, however, was able to make it to court. His attorney Hilliard Moldoff said his client is very upset. "When your 3-year-old son is dead, and they're accusing you and/or your loved ones with abuse, he's distraught, rightfully so."
Hollywood Police are the agency in charge of the investigation into the little boy's death. Monday afternoon, they said they have no up-dates to reveal, as the investigation continues.

http://m.wsvn.com/article.html?hash...ion#!/108310/4b228801701b51d8c7b650abd5f08610

I'm not sure if this is an old article. :confused:

The details re: stepmom in a psych facility is new. :dunno:

Just now on the news:

Dad was denied custody of his 8 month old daughter and 5 year old stepson. The judge will not release them into his care until they find out what happened to Ahizya.

After LE interviews the 5 year old on Thursday, Dad may get supervised visitation by Friday.

Judge asked where Ahizya's stepmother was (mother of both children the dependency hearing was regarding). She checked herself into the psychiatric ward after Ahizya was found :eek:

What if the clothes were up on a shelf or on top of the washer/dryer in a hamper and he was in there?

Thank you Greater Than....

I just posted the same details - but the timestamp on the article is confusing!

I am relieved the children aren't being allowed to return to the home where their brother was found dead - likely murdered - pending the results of a full investigation.

As for step-mom....

:silenced:

Just now on the news:

Dad was denied custody of his 8 month old daughter and 5 year old stepson. The judge will not release them into his care until they find out what happened to Ahizya.

After LE interviews the 5 year old on Thursday, Dad may get supervised visitation by Friday.

Judge asked where Ahizya's stepmother was (mother of both children the dependency hearing was regarding). She checked herself into the psychiatric ward after Ahizya was found :eek:

:thud:

Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:35:48 UTC
I'm reading the confusing time stamp as 8:35 pm (+48 seconds)
In Greenwich mean time I presume? Since it doesn't specify anything else.
UTC means universal time coordinate.

What if the clothes were up on a shelf or on top of the washer/dryer in a hamper and he was in there?

Several scenarios how a child might be in a pile of clothes and you know for a fact that he didn't put himself there. If the pile is too neatly folded and stacked for him to have put them on top of himself. If the pile is somewhere he couldn't get into on his own, like a cupboard that locks from the outside. If he's in a knotted up plastic bag or tied up under a haphazard pile.

:thud:

The video in this article is from the 12:00 news, but the article itself has been updated. This is the channel I watched at 5:00 when I posted above. The article states:

Kenneth Tommie said his grandson was being watched by Analiz Osceola when he disappeared. She is currently in the psychiatric ward of a hospital, although authorities have not said why.

http://www.local10.com/news/father-...-appear-in-court-for-shelter-hearing/31963138

They said on the news she checked herself in on Friday, but maybe she was actually Baker Acted. I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone checking themselves into a psych ward.

WSVN 7 is not the most reliable news source.

CBS 4, Local 10, and NBC 6 are much more credible.

The video in this article is from the 12:00 news, but the article itself has been updated. This is the channel I watched at 5:00 when I posted above. The article states:

http://www.local10.com/news/father-...-appear-in-court-for-shelter-hearing/31963138

They said on the news she checked herself in on Friday, but maybe she was actually Baker Acted. I'm not sure I've ever heard of someone checking themselves into a psych ward.

From your link (prepare to be :furious: ) :

The judge said Nelson Osceola could get visitation rights, but only after Hollywood detectives finish interviewing Rodezno, which isn't expected to wrap until Thursday.

(snip)

The second incident happened in January 2014 after the boy was found wandering a hotel lobby while his mother, Karen Cypress, was under the influence in her room. That incident led to the father taking custody of Ahziya.

In April 2014 and again just last month, reports of abuse by Nelson Osceola were closed.

(snip)

Police said Ahziya's body was found late Thursday night in the house the boy lived in with his two siblings, his father and his stepmother, Analiz Osceola.

Local 10 News has since learned that Ahziya's body was found behind the washer and dryer, stuffed inside a laundry bag.

Do we know who Rodenzo is?

:thinking:

:waiting:

:furious:

From your link (prepare to be :furious: ) :

The judge said Nelson Osceola could get visitation rights, but only after Hollywood detectives finish interviewing Rodezno, which isn't expected to wrap until Thursday.

(snip)

The second incident happened in January 2014 after the boy was found wandering a hotel lobby while his mother, Karen Cypress, was under the influence in her room. That incident led to the father taking custody of Ahziya.

In April 2014 and again just last month, reports of abuse by Nelson Osceola were closed.

(snip)

Police said Ahziya's body was found late Thursday night in the house the boy lived in with his two siblings, his father and his stepmother, Analiz Osceola.

Local 10 News has since learned that Ahziya's body was found behind the washer and dryer, stuffed inside a laundry bag.

Do we know who Rodenzo is?

:thinking:

:waiting:

:furious:

BIB - :eek: OMG

This channel I believe. "Under a pile of clothes" sounded off to me. Good grief.

Rodezno is the last name of the 5 year old boy. That's the Stepmom's maiden name.

Poor little guy :anguish:

How dare they? The whole lot of them!

Oh dear God- stuffed in a laundry bag.......

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrian33
Back