FL FL - Ali Gilmore, 30, Tallahassee, 3 Feb 2006

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061011/NEWS01/610110327/1010/NEWS01

Sheriff: Death likely homicide

Gadsden County Sheriff's Office investigators suspect that the woman who was found in the Ochlockonee River is the victim of a homicide. She was identified Tuesday as Martha Carol Battles, 39, Maj. Tommy Haire said. Her body was found Sunday afternoon in the river near Iron Bridge Road outside Havana. Haire said Battles' mother didn't know she was missing until they got word of her death. Haire refused to comment on how Battles died or whether anything was missing. However, he said, "We have suspects. We have been questioning people."

I'm glad that it wasn't Ali but on the other hand, it would have given her family some peace if it had been. I think it would be so hard not knowing where your daughter is and what happened to her.

Bobbisangel said:
The daughter that I lost...was murdered...left her abusive husband when things started getting really bad in the marriage. To make a long story short she came home and almost right off the bat she realized that she was pregnant. She talked herself into going back to him and that everything would be different because she believed that a child needed a mom and a dad. He told her he would go to counseling with her, etc,etc. He didn't of course. Nothing changed. She stayed with him until their daughter was 4 1/2.

She filed for divorce and got it and a few weeks after that he murdered her. Altogether she lived 7 months after she left him.
So sorry for the pain you and your granddaugther must endure because of his selfish actions.

Sadly, many people in the relationship don't realize the dangers of it until it's too late.

I had many problems leaving a guy a dated years ago and had to get a PFA from him. Which, of course, did no good because he didn't even respect it. Even the cops blew it off everytime I called. But that is another long drawn out story of it's own.

I believe that poor Ali is a victim of a very similiar situation as your daughter Bobbi.

It brings me to tears how many just "vanish". How can someone treat another human's life so callously?

Here it is, almost 2007, and still no Ali.

I sure hope LE hasn't forgotten her or her child.

Someone knows something..........:(

Let's hope with the coming of the new year, there will be some answers for Ali's family.

fran

fran said:
Here it is, almost 2007, and still no Ali.

I sure hope LE hasn't forgotten her or her child.

Someone knows something..........:(

Let's hope with the coming of the new year, there will be some answers for Ali's family.

fran

I hope Ali's family receive some answers this year too. I hope that this case hasn't grown cold and is stuck away somewhere like so many others.

What's the deal? They have no suspect or they just don't care?

I saw this case when it broke, checked in from time to time, and still no arrest.

Sorry, ALL POINTS lead to the HUSBAND!

Doesn't anyone care?

They need some NATIONAL exposure. Maybe that'll make the husband sweat enough to make a mistake.

Is there some way to get this on AMW or something?

This police department needs a fire lit under 'em to get their act in motion!

WHERE IS ALI!?!

JMHO
fran

I live in the area. And I haven't heard even a mention of this for a while. I think I heard a quick something about it in early Feb. when she had been missing for 1 year. Thats all. Seems like Tally police have nothing to go on.

fran said:
What's the deal? They have no suspect or they just don't care?

I saw this case when it broke, checked in from time to time, and still no arrest.

Sorry, ALL POINTS lead to the HUSBAND!

Doesn't anyone care?

They need some NATIONAL exposure. Maybe that'll make the husband sweat enough to make a mistake.

Is there some way to get this on AMW or something?

This police department needs a fire lit under 'em to get their act in motion!

WHERE IS ALI!?!

JMHO
fran

It is just sickening that nothing has happened in this case. Ali didn't just take off never to be heard from again. I wonder how hard LE even looked at the husband. I wonder if he is living in her home now? I wonder if LE ever even checked the place where the husband was living or his vehicle. Did they check to see if he had an alibi for the time she went missing. Makes me wonder just how much effort they even put out on Ali missing.

Here's what Ali's sister posted recently on her webpage:

Why Ali? I ask myself a hundred times a day why Ali? Why did my sister ever marry a sorry man? Why is her sorry husband and his brother living in my sister's house that they can't afford? Why did the judge give him sole ownership of my sister's property?
Why is my sister missing for 487 days, 22 hours, 43 mins. and 54 seconds? Why didn't my sister get the media coverage like Kelsey Smith?
Why did my sister meet a guy name Dwight that work at George Pacific Lumber Company? Why was he the last person to talk to my sister before she went missing? Why did he refuse to take a stress test? Why didn't her husband show up to marriage counseling? Why did her husband move out of the house? Why her husband never help search for my sister his wife?
Why did TPD give Ali's husband back the keys to her house after 5 days?
Why is this person(s) that had something to do with my sister is still on the street? Why haven't anyone came forward with informattion pertaining to my sister's case?
WHY??????????????????????????

~ Attallah McLawrence, Sister ~ 06-06-2007

I posted this in Ali's forum, but thought I'd cross post here.

Tallahassee Democrat

Officials try to identify remains found in woods
Originally published October 2, 2007

A representative from the Medical Examiner's Office is assisting Leon County detectives as they try to identify skeletal remains found in a wooded area off Tennessee Capital Boulevard.
The remains were found about 3 p.m. Monday.

Due to the condition of the remains, they cannot determine whether the body is a man or a woman," Leon County Sheriff's Office spokesman Chris Chase said. "It appears the remains have been here for some time."
A man walking through the woods came across the remains and called the Sheriff's Office, which determined it was a human body.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071002/NEWS01/710020346/1010

Extra thoughts and prayers for Ali's family today. . . .

(Edited to add: I did a MapQuest from Ali's home to the site. It's 10.5 miles, 14 minutes. )

Thank you so much for posting that. I wonder if it could be Ali? It's just unbelievable that no one has ever been arrested or anything in her case. I can't even imagine how her poor family feel by now. The husband is still high on my list as he is the only person that had motive and the only person who raised red flags to me.

Do you know anything about the guy that Ali's sister said that she had met? Was that some one recently before she disappeared? I'd like to know more about that one. I just wish that this body was Ali's so that her family might find some peace. Please keep us posted on this body.

Can you please give my Ali's website? I've looked but can't seem to find it now.

Thank you so much for posting that. I wonder if it could be Ali? It's just unbelievable that no one has ever been arrested or anything in her case. I can't even imagine how her poor family feel by now. The husband is still high on my list as he is the only person that had motive and the only person who raised red flags to me.

Do you know anything about the guy that Ali's sister said that she had met? Was that some one recently before she disappeared? I'd like to know more about that one. I just wish that this body was Ali's so that her family might find some peace. Please keep us posted on this body.

Can you please give my Ali's website? I've looked but can't seem to find it now.

Sure. Ali's website is:
http://www.whereisaligilmore.com

I don't know if you remember, but a while back I sent you a PM about who I think it is and why I think it's them. I trust my source, that's for sure.

I wish I knew more about the new boyfriend. I remember reading somewhere that she still wanted to reconcile with her husband.

I'll keep you posted if anything else happens here.

Thanks for caring for Ali!

Thanks for the update Flmom hope it is Ali so that there may be closure and hopefully justice.

. . . but for another family, maybe the healing can begin.

TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT
October 11, 2007

Skeletal remains found Oct. 1 in a wooded area off Tennessee Capital Boulevard have been identified as Bobbi Jean Tew, a missing Jefferson County mother of three.

She was last seen more than two years ago, said Chris Chase, spokesman for the Leon County Sheriff's Office. A Midway car-repair-shop employee dropped her off at a west Tallahassee mobile-home park April 27, 2005.

The remains were found “relatively close” to where she was last seen in Tallahassee, said Investigator Scott Ivey of the Gadsden County Sheriff's Office. Florida Department of Law Enforcement investigators were able to identify the remains through dental records, Ivey said.

Investigators haven't released the cause of death or said how she died.

"They are piecing together the hours and days leading up to her death to determine the cause," Chase said.
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/NEWS01/710110387/1010/NEWS01

How is it that quite a few times the remains are found close to where the person was last seen? Didn't they search for this mother of three? You would think that the first place that would be searched would be the area that she disappeared from! I just don't understand that and it happens all to often.

In a way I'm glad that it wasn't Ali but we know that she is out there somewhere or she would have contacted her family. I can't imagine being in their shoes and what they must go through every time a body is found. I just pray that Ali is found soon and maybe her family can find some peace.

Now with a recently murdered woman, Cheryl Hodges, I think about Ali Gilmore and hope someday she is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back