Not open for further replies.
LP and Rob heading up there?

***Groan***
I am not groaning... (respectfully LA :) because

1)they are posting a 25k reward
2)they are coming off a case that is similar...they have experience
3)they will keep the media focused on the case

Bringing this over from the other thread:

I'm wondering if this is Misti/Misty: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=412920159

Says she's 19. There's also other reports that she's 19.

I think she lied about her age on there, because most reports give her age as 17. JMO

You have to be 18 to join Myspace unless they changed it. Meaning she most likely lied about her age, unless it's just the news reports that messed up (it's quite possible). A lot of minors do it to create profiles on these sites. Then they can change them back at will. I remember I joined there at 17 and put my age as 18 at first just to join, then changed it to 17 and no one was the wiser... That was a few years ago though, and may have changed.

Why isn't anyone headed to Georgia or any of the other states with active amber alerts?

While I am glad Haleigh has national coverage and her picture is out there, is it being done to the exclusion of other cases?

I don't think they were married in one of the interviews the Father states he has been raising her alone since she was 2. The mother gets both children every other weekend.

Even more curious now why she doesn't have custody of the children.

I am not groaning... (respectfully LA :) because

1)they are posting a 25k reward
2)they are coming off a case that is similar...they have experience
3)they will keep the media focused on the case

ITA! This is one case where having LP will be an asset! Where he goes, the media is sure to follow! Keep the heat on this abducter and MAYBE they will release this precious little girl!!!

I think she lied about her age on there, because most reports give her age as 17. JMO

You have to be 18 to join Myspace unless they changed it. Meaning she most likely lied about her age, unless it's just the news reports that messed up (it's quite possible). A lot of minors do it to create profiles on these sites. Then they can change them back at will. I remember I joined there at 17 and put my age as 18 at first just to join, then changed it to 17 and no one was the wiser... That was a few years ago though, and may have changed.

LE stated on the presser that she is 17 and a child herself.

I was just looking at all the missing children in FL. I started looking at all the little girls between the ages of 4-8 and the places areas they will last seen. I found about 4 and they seem to have been living in cities along Hwy 4 and hwy 17. I don't know if there is any connections, but just wanted to point it out incase someone wanted to map it.

post a link. I was just on the sex offender list and their house is new hwy 17

"Investigators say Croslin is now with her family, but they're not calling her a suspect nor are they revealing whether the child's father is a focus of the investigation."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491008,00.html

Why would the girlfriend NOW be with her own family instead of back with her boyfriend? Did the LE tell them they cannot be together right now? That the boyfriend / father was breaking the law living with a 17 yr old? That he threatened her and she went back home to her mom and dad?

I just don't understand why they wouldn't be together supporting eachother IF this is a serious relationship and if they weren't in on this together.

PS: Has anyone mentioned how old Haleighs dad is? If he's much older and living with a 17 yr old, that's also very suspect on what he 'prefers'

I just received an email update that Tim Miller and team are headed for this case. Tim should arrive tonight by plane and his team by car tomorrow morning.!! WoohOO!

actually I have not heard EX in terms of wife....so we don't even know yet if they were separated or divorced etc... anyone else heard anything?
I've been digging in the public records. The previous link doesn't contain anything - there is a disclaimer that Putnam County's records currently are not available online - seems they are transitioning.

go to my florida county.com (no spaces) and you can search public records there.

Anyway, haven't found much yet. Bio-dad - there is a probate record 3/31/87 of man with same name - probably (and most likely) his father.

Two court papers - with bio dad and bio mom's (you'll get her full name - Crystal is her middle name). One dated 10/11/05 and one 11/20/07. Can't view them which means its family court - either dealing with divorce, custody, support, whatever.

Haven't found a thing on gf or grandmother. I want to go back and make sure spelling of names is correct.

What is wrong with the Kidfinders group? Did they support the Anthonys and that is why?

ITA! This is one case where having LP will be an asset! Where he goes, the media is sure to follow! Keep the heat on this abducter and MAYBE they will release this precious little girl!!!

As ticked off as I was at LP for holding his own memorial on the same date and time as the Anthony memorial...I will say....his offering up 25K is a good thing....as long as he doesn't turn it into a circus. It would be in his best interest, I believe, if he would keep whatever he knows or hears about this case, to himself. I hope and pray with all that is in me that Haleigh is found quickly and safely.

I just received an email update that Tim Miller and team are headed for this case. Tim should arrive tonight by plane and his team by car tomorrow morning.!! WoohOO!

I love this man! I wish he could clone himself into the thousands..it just don't get any better..

<snip>
Marie Griffis said her daughter and Cummings have not been together for about three years but were not at odds. She said Haleigh visited them in Baker County every other weekend. Her daughter and Cummings have a 3-year-old son, Ronald Jr., who was taken to other relatives Tuesday.

“She loves her makeup,” Griffis said of her missing granddaughter. She said except for a chance to ride a four-wheeler, Haleigh was not an outdoor girl.

“She was an indoor-type kid,” she said. “She’s not an outdoor-type kid.”

Early Tuesday morning, searchers worked the St. Johns River and the wooded area around neighborhoods off Buffalo Bluff Road.

Authorities said they searched roughly 100 houses of those who would allow them entry.

Tracy Phillips lives next to Cummings’ mobile home and said officers with police dogs walked the 200 or so yards from Cummings’ home to her dock on the St. Johns three times

She said investigators asked to search her house and went through every room, including closets.

Phillips said she didn’t know Cummings, his girlfriend or children, who had not lived in the neighborhood long.

The search was to continue through the night and be expanded again at daylight today .

Found this on News Jacksonville, but it doesn't really say why the real mom did not have custody of the kids.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-10/story/putnam_issues_missing_child_alert

I was just looking at all the missing children in FL. I started looking at all the little girls between the ages of 4-8 and the places areas they will last seen. I found about 4 and they seem to have been living in cities along Hwy 4 and hwy 17. I don't know if there is any connections, but just wanted to point it out incase someone wanted to map it.
I hope someone does the map. I don't know how. I did look up the map of Putman and notice how close orlando and leesburg was. that was far has I got. It would be interesting to see map

Why isn't anyone headed to Georgia or any of the other states with active amber alerts?

While I am glad Haleigh has national coverage and her picture is out there, is it being done to the exclusion of other cases?

Coverage of one case over the other is not done with the intention to exclude anyone. Sadly it's the nature of the beast. The cases with the most interesting background or hinkyness, such as in Caylee's and this case, peaks interest. There are so many cases, as much as I try, it's impossible to keep up with them all. I have pet cases here at WS that I wish members and the press would pay more attention to. But there are only so many hours a day and only so much one can handle. There will always be more cases than people to solve them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod