FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, welcome Rice and what a good thought! No kidding, I hope that's being looked into as well. Is there a hotline? That would be a good suggestion to call in and get on paper. Some of the simplest things are overlooked when LE is under time stress to solve such a terrible case.

Thank you pattycake! I am not sure if there is a hotline or not, but I will try to look around for one. Hopefully if I thought of this, LE did as well. Let's hope they already did.

But she already admitted she had a drug conviction and substance abuse problem and that is why she didnt have custody. I have no clue what thread it is on but it was during an interview she gave. The custody order also states the father controls when she can see the kids based on their safety. Do not think a judge would order that unless there was a good reason. I am taking everything the bio mom says with a grain of salt.

apparently, the school also threatened to involve the police about Haliegh missing too much school. she doesnt know if she was "really" sick or not.

you know how he said the effin bi*ch to LE? And Crystal was saying that when she drops the kids off to him, its in a public place, they switch the kid with each other in an arranged setting. That said, given what the BIO mom is saying about their custody mishap.....I bet ya, he made certain things none of her business...that, or gave her BS reasons.

Quote from Panthera:"Yet in the video of them walking around together it didn't seem they were distant at all, in fact I think I saw his arm around her shoulder. So I wonder does he always call her names like that? IOW, it doesn't seem she's afraid of him or anything. MOO "
Sorry, the thread closed before I could respond and I wanted to say I have seen this kind of relationship, I know everything is new and we really don't know that much but I have been around plenty of men who use this kind of behavior to control the woman in their life. I'm sure she does feel loved, and fear both.

You are so right. Many times these young girls have a vision of the the little house with a white picket fence and the little ones that run around in the front yard. They also think that being called names, maybe even be slapped around a bit is him showing how much he "loves" her. All I know is let one man call me a stupid *advertiser censored*** b**** and see where that gets him.

All I know is that it appears that many of the people involved in this are dysfunctional and that's being nice. It's just so sad.

Quote from Panthera:"Yet in the video of them walking around together it didn't seem they were distant at all, in fact I think I saw his arm around her shoulder. So I wonder does he always call her names like that? IOW, it doesn't seem she's afraid of him or anything. MOO "
Sorry, the thread closed before I could respond and I wanted to say I have seen this kind of relationship, I know everything is new and we really don't know that much but I have been around plenty of men who use this kind of behavior to control the woman in their life. I'm sure she does feel loved, and fear both.

And she was in abusive relationship before this one. That boyfriend is still in jail for those charges. I was really sad for her when I heard how he spoke to her in front of others. Doesn't say much for how he may treat her behind closed doors. Her lack of response says she is use to as well.

I've been hoping all day, but my concern is that there are no sign of forced entry...

Call me dumb, but what is the difference between "proping open a door" and say breaking in?
Mainly has LE thorougly searched the 5 mile SO's home?

Krimekat...............I couldn't get it to post in a readable format. If you want, I can try again.

But, the important thing is that someone filed a "contempt of court" action on Tuesday - February 10, 2009 - the day that Haleigh went missing!
2009-02-10
055.MOTION FOR CONTEMPT 03-27-09 AT 08:30

Excellent . . . can you post the link where you found this? Thanks!!!

If anyone can explain the astrological listings that were linked on the prior post, I would appreciate it very much !

Sorry, I know this is a repeat, but I just got here. When did the dad call the GF a "biotch"? Thanks in advance.

Krimekat...............I couldn't get it to post in a readable format. If you want, I can try again.

But, the important thing is that someone filed a "contempt of court" action on Tuesday - February 10, 2009 - the day that Haleigh went missing!
2009-02-10

That caught my eye when you posted before. Went back to quote when it was gone. But, wasn't the 911 call in the early hours of Tuesday? Wonder what the date of the motion is, not the date it was actually filed.

My doublewide front door opens to the inside but my backdoor (where the laundry room is) opens to the outside. It never had a screen door. Was there a screen door on their backdoor? I also have a rental and when someone moves out I change all the locks. It can be expensive if you have deadbolts. I just paid $50 for a set of two.

I'm wondering how many people had access to the house recently. If you never use the backdoor as the dad said, you would probably never think to check to see if it was locked. Could have been unlocked for sometime.

Could the little girl have gotten up to get something to drink, turned on the light, heard something outside and thought it was her dad coming home from work? Could someone have come in the front door and left through the back door? From what I could gather on the news report the GF waited for the father to come home before calling 911. When she tried to call him he asked her why she was calling him when she should be calling 911. I believe it has to be someone who has been in the house at one time or another.

sstepp63

:heart: Don't cry, lil Kimster. :heart: Send out positive energy and thoughts instead. Hugs~
I've been gone for a few hours...oh my gosh I was hoping our little girl would be found when I got home. <crying>

Regarding the door being propped open and going with the abductor theory - I think they would have propped it open to cut down on the noise. They enter the home, prop open the door and that's it whereas if they didn't they would have to open the door, close it, open it again while carrying a 5yr old and close it. That would cut down on the noise tremendously and lessen the risk of waking someone up - although I would think they would close it when they left. It almost seems a little too obvious.......

This might have been said already but holy cow! these threads are just flying and I can't keep up.

2009-02-10

:shocked2:

Schools believe if you miss more than 9 days a semester it is a crime. Ridiculous! They also have rules you cannot send a child to school unless they have been without a fever for 24 hours! With strep throat, the flu, and other illnesses...those 9 days can go quickly.

I don't put much stock into her missing school at that age and with Turner's...she may be more fragile than other children in taking childhood illnesses.

In my humble experience, as long as the legal guardian calls and informs school with a legal document, a CPS complaint will not be made. It is the responsibility for the legal guardian to notify the school so as such complaint will not be made. Teenagers get mono and miss loads of school but garner a legal medical notice stating the fact. Kids also have deaths in the family which can be excluded as well as far as our NY state DSS/CPS goes.

I don't put too much stock into her missing school at that age with her Turner's either...but if she did miss days due to being under the weather, the guardians should have let the school know as well...

wait. did i see that mom had out life insurance policies on the kids (even without a job) AND mom was the one present at the time of the "incident" ?

I don t know the distance but on NG or JVM last nite, it was said the girl HAD an accident with water and was afraid of water and wouldnnt go out at night OR near the water.

If the dogs hit on the dock has anyone considered an abduction using a boat? You could paddle up at night or use a small electric motor, tie the boat up, go to the trailer, prop the door open for a quick, quiet in/out... all assuming this is an abduction and not somehow an inside job.
OK, well then it seems Haleigh didn't wander off into the night, especially near the dock. But if somebody abducted her using a boat, I'm thinking that doesn't seem random but that person would've known she was there and her dad wasn't home. :( MOO

2009-02-10

contempt for what??????????? against who?????

sorry..... still so lost

And she was in abusive relationship before this one. That boyfriend is still in jail for those charges. I was really sad for her when I heard how he spoke to her in front of others. Doesn't say much for how he may treat her behind closed doors. Her lack of response says she is use to as well.

when did he call her that name?

But she already admitted she had a drug conviction and substance abuse problem and that is why she didnt have custody. I have no clue what thread it is on but it was during an interview she gave. The custody order also states the father controls when she can see the kids based on their safety. Do not think a judge would order that unless there was a good reason. I am taking everything the bio mom says with a grain of salt.

I agree. I saw the interview yesterday and the bio mom had nothing bad to say about dad, but her mom tried. Tonight a whole different story. I think I will wait to see if anything the bio mom says is true.

As for the dad getting custody IMO the mom had to have had some problems. Judges are not that fast to grant custody to dads without good reason. Sorry , I have to side with the dad on this one.

The Bio moms myspace speaks volumes to me...brats?

I was thinking too, if there was a ramp then that time of the morning certainly there would be footprints. I am sure the ground was damp, so when whoever came up those steps or on that ramp would have left prints for sure!

They did find a footprint. I'll try and track down a link but I know I read that they had found a footprint at the back door.
Found link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,491368,00.html

During the interview, NG asked her some pretty simple yet poignant questions of the mom. One being, did Haleigh go to school on Monday? She did not know. I was flabbergasted!

The bio-mom evidentially has very limited knowledge of what goes on with her kids when they are not at her house, she hasn't spoken to Haleigh in 2 weeks. I read early on she doesn't get to talk with the kids when they are with their dad. She didn't know how long he had been with new gf.

The whole situation is really sad with these kids being so young and only seeing mom every other weekend? Just seems odd to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aprilssister94