FL FL - Annette 11, & Mylette Anderson 7, Jacksonville, 1 August 1974

Poor girls, those sweet faces - I just can't understand it :(

I hadn't noticed it @Bit of hope but I see what you're talking about. I think it's just the old photo making it look like her pinkie finger is almost attached to the rest of her hand. I blew it up as much as I could and it looks like it's just the photo quality.

@KaylaraOwl FWIW I think it's worth submitting. No ruleouts and so few details about the remains...it can't hurt

How absolutely tragic.

The Wikipedia page for Knowles currently says he was an "acquaintance" of these girls' family and also that they disappeared the same night (?) he escaped prison. :( If both of those things are actually true (I've seen false information on Wikipedia before), it does seem possible he was responsible IMO.

Last edited:
The sisters lived on a secluded road with one way in and one way out, a white car was seen in the driveway during the time the girls were home alone but nothing seemed suspicious to neighbors, the doors were closed with no signs of forced entry when their father returned home, the girls and one of Mylette’s dolls were the only things missing and the dog was closed in a bedroom rather than free to roam about the house as usual.

That sounds to me like someone the girls knew or were familiar with. I’m not familiar with the serial killer mentioned in the above article who they suspect abducted and killed the sisters, Paul John Knowles (The Casanova Killer). Just reading his Wikipedia page, I agree, I think it is possible. I wonder exactly how he was “acquainted” with the family?

All of his other victims’ bodies (not counting the ones he was only suspected of killing) were eventually found and usually not long after the crime. Annette and Mylette were exceptions. Maybe because he knew them more personally he took more time in concealing their bodies?

I don’t know. But it does sound like it’s a very good thing this monster’s spree ended when it did! IMO.

Is it me or just a bad picture, a stain...It looks like the little sister (Mylette) has somehow a deformed hand.
good catch - Mylette's little finger was contracted.

Skeletal remains were found last month at a construction site not far from where they lived, but it turned out not to be them.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/02/20/remains-of-multiple-people-found-at-jacksonville-construction-sites/

My mother's family went to church with them. The Andersons lived a very short distance from a swamp full of gators. My grandfather always said that would be the place to get rid of bodies you didn't want found.

Sept 5 2020
CRIME HUNTER: Who murdered 5 girls during summer of horror in 1974? | Toronto Sun
8e811db0-f1a3-45f2-a6f6-c178b3297d0e_1140x641-e1599152036651.png

In less than 20 minutes the Anderson sisters were kidnapped.

''Over the course of three months in muggy Florida, five young girls disappeared. Only the remains of two victims were ever found.
There have never been any arrests in the disturbing case.''

Sisters Annette and Mylette Anderson, 11 and 6, were snatched from their home where their mom had left them briefly. Their father called from a pay phone around 7 p.m. to tell them he would be home shortly.

Jack Anderson heard the dog barking in the backyard. Annette said the pup was just barking at birds. But when their father called again at 7:20 p.m., there was no answer. When he arrived home, the dog was locked in a backroom.

A massive search was launched. Neighbours say a white car was in the driveway at the time the girls vanished.

“Whoever went in the house would have to put the little dog up in Mommy and Daddy’s bedroom because he would eat them up because he was so attached to Annette,” older sister Donna Jeffers told FirstCoast News. “So badly.”

She added that her parents waited the rest of their lives for the little girls to return. It was a fruitless quest.''
d7557284-d003-4f31-85df-bca42c6e1cf3_1140x641-e1599152165605.jpg

I found this namus entry: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
These remains are only about 4 miles away from where Mylette went missing from. They would have actually been found in the mid 70's though not given to the police until 1980. They had to have checked this against Mylette right?
Paul Knowles, the prime suspect, killed Ima Jean Sanders in Georgia in August, 1974. According to his confession, he came back later to the place where he left her body, took her mandible and buried it... However, it's not mentioned if he buried it there or somewhere else.
Ima was 13yo and her remains have been located and identified since then; it's not clear if her mandible was located or not. This could be hers or one of the Anderson's.
Could this be his signature? Maybe he did the same with other victims. James Winkles also had the habit of burying his victims' mandibles separately. However, he committed his known crimes in the 1980s.
Anyway, I would like to know who could know the Anderson were home alone.

Last edited:
Potential match

FL- Jacksonville, #UP58702, Child Jawbone (6-10 years old) likely found in the early 70s​

anderson_lillian.jpg
anderson_mylette.jpg

Lillian (left) and Mylette Anderson, aged 11 and 7 respectively of Jacksonville, FL were abducted and murdered by John Paul Knowles on 1 August 1974. Their bodies have never been found.

LINKS:

Lillian Annette Anderson – The Charley Project
Mylette Josephine Anderson – The Charley Project

www.firstcoastnews.com

45 YEARS LATER: Still no answers in disappearance of Jacksonville sisters

Mylette and Annette Anderson went missing Aug. 1, 1974. Forty-five years later, there are no leads as to what happened.
www.firstcoastnews.com
www.firstcoastnews.com

R.f40b9d348bc5a5da01346c28481e780d

Paul John Knowles in 1974 arrest photo.

A very likely suspect in the disappearance of the Anderson sisters is serial killer Paul John Knowles.

LINK:

Does anyone know of the home address of the Anderson sisters?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riverstyx
Back