FL FL - Attempted abduction in Tallahassee, 20 May 1992

Attached is the composite drawing of my assailant. As well, attached is the article in the DMN of Bobby Wayne Woods that I identified as my attacker but my investigator in Tallahassee said there was no way he could be b/c he was in jail in Tampa at the time of my assault. I can find no record that Mr. woods was ever in jail in FL and I do not believe my investigator was being completely truthful b/c he was mad at me for moving away OR he just blew me off for other reasons.

Attachments

• pg one Bobby Wayne Woods article 001.jpg
    pg one Bobby Wayne Woods article 001.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 90
  • bobby wayne woods page two 001.jpg
    bobby wayne woods page two 001.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Tracy's composite drawing jpeg 001.jpg
    Tracy's composite drawing jpeg 001.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 103
Thanks Sleuthster - I did wonder if he had been in jail for a longer period, and happened to be let out on day release about the time of Tracy's ordeal.... but I guess not, seeing as he was incarcerated only 2 weeks or so before the incident. Good find!!

Can we be certain that he was not released on some sort of bail???

Thanks Sleuthster - I did wonder if he had been in jail for a longer period, and happened to be let out on day release about the time of Tracy's ordeal.... but I guess not, seeing as he was incarcerated only 2 weeks or so before the incident. Good find!!

The thing that keeps troubling me about his incarceration is that he obviously got out because he later killed the 11 year old girl that caused me to see him in the Dallas paper......Is there a possibility that the record here doesn't represent releases on parole or anything else similar that he could possibly be on the streets on 5/20/1992?

I also reason that if it were Woods in my case and he had just gotten out of jail on unrelated matters, that it would make sense to flee INTO town to head out of town back to central FL on US Hwy 27 as opposed to I10.

Also, notice that this docket states it was a misdemeanor and up in the right hand corner it states "Case closed --5/7/1992"

Tracy, when was the 11 year old girl murdered? It seems from the link:

05/07/1992 D001 SEE DOCKET TEXT SENTENCE IMPOSED ON 5/07/92 TO BEGIN ON 5/07/92
05/07/1992 D001 SEE DOCKET TEXT PROBATION REVOKED
05/07/1992 D001 SEE DOCKET TEXT SENTENCE CONCURRENT
05/07/1992 D001 SEE DOCKET TEXT CREDIT FOR TIME SERVED
05/07/1992 D001 SEE DOCKET TEXT SENT. TO COUNTY JAIL, CONF. SET TO 60 DYS

that BWW's sentence was 60 days, from 5/7/92, so theoretically he was incarcerated until, what, 4/9/92? (Sorry, brain not working!)

ETA: I think the "case closed" thing was because he was imprisoned, and so far as the "system" was concerned, that was the end of it. Although, I think there would be some notification on there if he had been let out early for whatever reason.

ETA (again): what a shame the files were destroyed in 2003. All we have left now is what's online (although that's pretty fantastic in itself!).

And again (!): I see the murder (how horrible...) was in 1997, so he'd definitely have been out of prison for this 60 day thing by then. I can't believe he's still waiting around for the death penalty! What more proof do they need? (Sorry, getting a bit off track here.)

I couldn't find a pic to compare but Robert Craig Cox has connections to both Florida and Missouri. He is suspect to women disappearing in MO.

Okay I've re-read his record (and deleted my earlier post). He was sentenced to 90 days + 60 days to run concurrently, meaning he would only have served the 90 day sentence, with a day deducted for his overnight incarceration (arrest on May 6th and credit for time served). Therefore his sentence would have been up on August 4th less time off for good behavior.

I don't see that he'd have been able to get 76 days off for good behavior though, which is the absolute minimum he'd have needed to be released by May 20th.

I guess if I looked right at the top of the websleuths forum I could have found a pic of RCC.

Okay I've re-read his record (and deleted my earlier post). He was sentenced to 90 days + 60 days to run concurrently, meaning he would only have served the 90 day sentence, with a day deducted for his overnight incarceration (arrest on May 6th and credit for time served). Therefore his sentence would have been up on August 4th less time off for good behavior.

I don't see that he'd have been able to get 76 days off for good behavior though, which is the absolute minimum he'd have needed to be released by May 20th.

Yep...you're correct...I spoke with Hillsborough sheriff today and he was incarcerated from 5/7/92-6/14/92 so he can not be my perpetrator. I am shocked b/c of the resemblence of this but I would rather find the real assailant.....just know my assailant has the facial characteristics of BWW.

I guess if I looked right at the top of the websleuths forum I could have found a pic of RCC.

He is way too old in my opinion and just does not have any resemblence to my attacker....I have the strong feeling mine was between mid 20's and mid 30's at the latest....

Yep...you're correct...I spoke with Hillsborough sheriff today and he was incarcerated from 5/7/92-6/14/92 so he can not be my perpetrator. I am shocked b/c of the resemblence of this but I would rather find the real assailant.....just know my assailant has the facial characteristics of BWW.

Well, that's good news in one way - now we can match possible perpetrators to BWW's pic.

Hang in there Tracy, you're doing really well answering our questions and following up with LE. Hope we can find an answer for you soon!

I wish we knew the names of the girls who were attacked in branson. That way we'd have another sketch to compare. I have searched everything and only found this websleuths topic and the america most wanted thing on IMDB.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny
Back