FL FL - Brooksville, WhtFem UP6043, 30-45, in woods west of I-75, Jul'72

I just noticed the age too on the heading for her thread. She is around 30 to 35 from what we know. Not sure that makes a difference to you all, but wanted to put that out there.

I'm so glad to help and thank you for the lovely compliment! Let me know if any changes are needed.
She was only 30-35? Rough life on her face. :(

Do you know if she had any disability like Down Syndrome?

I'm so glad to help and thank you for the lovely compliment! Let me know if any changes are needed.
She was only 30-35? Rough life on her face. :(

Do you know if she had any disability like Down Syndrome?
None noted. She was over weight and I think the clay bust just doesn't show her age well. She did work outside and like I said had a hard job, picking on a farm, that is hard labor in the South.

The body of an unidentified woman was found off State Road 50 in Brooksville on July 19, 1972. The body was found wrapped in a bedspread with what appeared to be a pineapple damask print.

The woman was between 30 and 40 years old and weighed between 125 and 145 pounds.

The Hernando County Sheriff's Office recently had a facial reconstruction performed by FaceLogics.

Anyone who recognizes her or has information about the case is urged to call (352) 754-6830 or (352) 797-3714. Tipsters can also email unsolved@hernandosheriff.org.
Cold Case detectives hope technology solves decades-old crime

I seem to remember another Webslueths post on this case now that I’ve read about the bedspread.
Hernando County Sheriff's Office
Here is the latest FB post dated yesterday. Lots of comments.

UPDATE - Help Identify Jane Doe - Found in 1972

On 07-19-1972, the body of an unidentified female was discovered in the area of High Corner Road and Cortez Boulevard (State Road 50), Brooksville, Hernando County, FL. It is highly possible the female had recently traveled from Alabama or north Florida.

The white female is described as being 30 to 40 years of age, approximately 5’0” tall, 125-145 lbs., with short brown hair. She had six upper and six lower teeth. The female was found wrapped in a bedspread with a distinctive pattern, possibly a “Pineapple Damask” print. There were three square corners and one rounded corner.

The Hernando County Sheriff's Office recently had a facial reconstruction performed by FaceLogics on the victim in this case. The colorized photo of the woman is the artist's rendition of the victim in this investigation.

Anyone with information regarding this crime is urged to contact Cold Case Det. Loydgren at phone (352) 754-6830, (352) 797-3714, or email unsolved@hernandosheriff.org. If you wish to remain anonymous or to be eligible for a reward, call 1-866-990-8477 or submit a web tip at Hernando County Crime Stoppers.

Jan 22, 2024
''Shelton’s identity or origins were unknown for decades until Detective George Loydgren learned of a possible name after getting a tip from Othram Labs on Aug. 11, 2022.

A month later, Othram Labs sent a kinship report that positively identified Shelton as the victim.

The case is still unsolved, so detectives asked that anyone with information call Detective George
Loydgren at 352-754-6830 or Hernando County Crime Stoppers at 1-866-990-TIPS
(8477).''
1706038569435.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member