GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to wonder how JPS's mother is feeling right now. She must be consumed with guilt and grief

1) could she have called 911 sooner?

2) should she have called 911 at all, saving JPS's life? Once JPS is treated and lucid, will she ever want to live again after what she's done.

3) why didn't she take the children to give JPS some time to fix whatever was going on?

4) was it something she did, as JPS's mother?

5) what could she have done to save them all?

These are not my thoughts, just some of the thoughts I imagine the grandmother having. It's all so terrible, any way you look at it. I feel awful for the family, but, mostly for the grandmother.

How much time do I have to compose a message before the time for posting expires? I just "lost" a message that had taken me a while to compose before attempting to post.

TIA...and thanks to all for your useful links, ideas and information!

I don't know..but you could write it in Word and then copy and paste it in.

I feel sorry for the husband... talk about guilt! He must be drowning in it! Could he have done more to protect his children, could he have gotten out of his assignment and on, and on... No one can know, of course, when a person will snap and do the unthinkable. Poor man, my heart goes out to him.

Thank you for information. IMO, if an overdose was suspected, she would have been taken to the hospital. It was midnight when she was admitted to the ICU for treatment. quote]

What time did LE arrive at her home and report back to their supervisors about the scene? What time did she get to the jail that morning?

I didn't know she had been found unconscious! Was that reported in the media somewhere? (I think that would indicate that she tried to commit suicide by overdosing, not by shooting herself in the head.)

Also, turning 50 indicates menopause is either happening or just around the corner, and I wonder why, IIRC, no one has mentioned that as possibly an aggravating factor.

I have to wonder how JPS's mother is feeling right now. She must be consumed with guilt and grief

1) could she have called 911 sooner?

2) should she have called 911 at all, saving JPS's life? Once JPS is treated and lucid, will she ever want to live again after what she's done.

3) why didn't she take the children to give JPS some time to fix whatever was going on?

4) was it something she did, as JPS's mother?

5) what could she have done to save them all?

These are not my thoughts, just some of the thoughts I imagine the grandmother having. It's all so terrible, any way you look at it. I feel awful for the family, but, mostly for the grandmother.

I so agree. What kind of horror will JPS's mother endure? How would any of us react if one of our children sounded "desperate and all we did was call 911?"

Thank you for information. IMO, if an overdose was suspected, she would have been taken to the hospital. It was midnight when she was admitted to the ICU for treatment. quote]

What time did LE arrive at her home and report back to their supervisors about the scene? What time did she get to the jail that morning?

I didn't know she had been found unconscious! Was that reported in the media somewhere? (I think that would indicate that she tried to commit suicide by overdosing, not by shooting herself in the head.)

Also, turning 50 indicates menopause is either happening or just around the corner, and I wonder why, IIRC, no one has mentioned that as possibly an aggravating factor.

Her being found unconscious was something that has been reported by the media, just today. It's also in the search/arrest warrant. I gave a link for that on page 7 or 8 of this thread. I still maintain that if she had tried to overdose LE would have called paramedics. They aren't going to ignore a suspicion of attempted overdose. No medics were called to the scene, unless it was via a private source and kept hush-hush, which I find highly unlikely. I suspect there's a protocol for LE, and it would involve city fire/rescue, and we would be able to see records of that call. Just sayin'...

My mother was in her mid-60's before menopause hit (ot: then why in the heck did it hit me at 38?!), and although that could be a factor here, is menopause enough to have provoked something so heinous? Ah, you said aggravating factor... I wonder! I'm eager to see if that's something that comes out down the road.

so painful, but, I know this much; Come Hell / High water; if that was my child (baby girl) JPS, in distress at 50 years old she would not be at "first appearance alone," nothing, no one could have stopped me from being at her side. JMHO....

I love, adore and am grateful for my children.... time (age) will never change that.

For those that keep getting logged out, when you first sign in, there's a little box you can check next to where you put in your user name and password. Check that box and it will stop logging you out every fifteen minutes. You will stay logged in until you log out.

so painful, but, I know this much; Come Hell / High water; if that was my child (baby girl) JPS, in distress at 50 years old she would not be at "first appearance alone," nothing, no one could have stopped me from being at her side. JMHO....

I love, adore and am grateful for my children.... time (age) will never change that.

mdimaggio, the way you worded that gave me the first tiny bit (albeit microscopic) bit of, dare I say, sympathy for JPS. Just for a fleeting moment I guess the mother in me kicked in and thought about it from HER mother's perspective. But then I reverted right back to just wanting her to suffer. Yes, I know that's wrong and blah, blah, blah, but if I have a feeling, whether it's technically right or wrong, I'll own it. So yeah, I want her to suffer. But I appreciate that your words made me consider a different angle...

Her poor mother. Can you imagine? I can't. If JPS is 50, her mother is likely in her 70's. I wonder just how much help or whatever she would have been able to give? Is JPS's father still around? Does JPS have siblings?

Her being found unconscious was something that has been reported by the media, just today. It's also in the search/arrest warrant. I gave a link for that on page 7 or 8 of this thread. I still maintain that if she had tried to overdose LE would have called paramedics. They aren't going to ignore a suspicion of attempted overdose. No medics were called to the scene, unless it was via a private source and kept hush-hush, which I find highly unlikely. I suspect there's a protocol for LE, and it would involve city fire/rescue, and we would be able to see records of that call. Just sayin'...

My mother was in her mid-60's before menopause hit (ot: then why in the heck did it hit me at 38?!), and although that could be a factor here, is menopause enough to have provoked something so heinous? Ah, you said aggravating factor... I wonder! I'm eager to see if that's something that comes out down the road.

We have so much in common, it is not a coincidence. We are on the same page, Thanks, just sayin' I am grateful for your honesty

mdimaggio, the way you worded that gave me the first tiny bit (albeit microscopic) bit of, dare I say, sympathy for JPS. Just for a fleeting moment I guess the mother in me kicked in and thought about it from HER mother's perspective. But then I reverted right back to just wanting her to suffer. Yes, I know that's wrong and blah, blah, blah, but if I have a feeling, whether it's technically right or wrong, I'll own it. So yeah, I want her to suffer. But I appreciate that your words made me consider a different angle...

Her poor mother. Can you imagine? I can't. If JPS is 50, her mother is likely in her 70's. I wonder just how much help or whatever she would have been able to give? Is JPS's father still around? Does JPS have siblings?

You are awesome! Yes, I am a Mother and it is the most important, meaningful accomplishment in my life. I too, anger toward JPS for her action. But my heart tore to shreds, again today, when I read she covered the children with blankets. Transported Calyx to the bed. Is that horrible? Just trying to get through this horror. Wondering how I can help. At the moment, my random thoughts are all I "GOT"

When I first started reading true crime books almost 30 years ago many of those books were on women.
Women from all walks of life do commit murder and kill their children.
And very few that I have followed have been found to be criminally insane.
I never look for a mental problem when I hear of yet another case when a Mother has murdered her children or someone else for that matter.
Lets face it women can be very mean when they want to be.

This woman is not mentally ill in my opinion.
If she had simply just committed suicide and not murdered her children, the thought of depression might have crossed my mind.
But she did not do that did she?
She is a heartless, cold blooded killer.

The victims here are the children she murdered and her husband whose life she obviously destroyed.
Personally I hope the State seeks the DP but if not lock her up and throw away the key as she has more than proven she is a danger to anyone around her.

I just call them like I see them.

jmho

You are awesome! Yes, I am a Mother and it is the most important, meaningful accomplishment in my life. I too, anger toward JPS for her action. But my heart tore to shreds, again today, when I read she covered the children with blankets. Transported Calyx to the bed. Is that horrible? Just trying to get through this horror. Wondering how I can help. At the moment, my random thoughts are all I "GOT"

Aw, thanks. :) Those things hurt my heart, too. Covering her babies with blankets and moving her baby to the bed shows a shred of "mothering" still in her (in a twisted, confusing way). Hearing of that tiny bit of maternal action from JPS makes it less cut-and-dry. It makes it harder to comprehend because it contradicts everything we are inclined to think about her, that she's a cold, hard, evil, callous and crazy child-killer. It's easier for us (OK, at least me) to digest if I can think hard thoughts about hard actions. Seeing her show that tiny bit of concern over her babies' comfort (again, in a twisted and confusing way) doesn't fit with hard thoughts about hard actions.

When I first started reading true crime books almost 30 years ago many of those books were on women.
I never look for a mental problem when I hear of yet another case when a Mother has murdered her children or someone else for that matter.

If she had simply just committed suicide and not murdered her children, the thought of depression might have crossed my mind.

The victims here are the children she murdered and her husband whose life she obviously destroyed.
Personally I hope the State seeks the DP but if not lock her up and throw away the key as she has more than proven she is a danger to anyone around her.

jmho

Ah, you got it! ITA! Is she criminally insane? IMO, I don't think she is. But, I do think she is CRA-ZZZY!! She'd have to be to do such a terrible, unspeakable thing. Any mother would have to be crazy, don't you think? Yes, she is a heartless, cold blooded killer, absolutely. But I think she is that way because she is crazy. Something in her broke--what was it? I can't imagine what happened that took her from creating life to taking that life away. Same goes for any mother that commits such a crime. As a mother myself, I want to know (I feel I NEED to know!) how a mother could do what she's done.

FWIW, I also want her to be away forever, whether it's DP or life in prison. Make no mistake, I have no sympathy for her.

jmho

Thanks for calling it, I agree.
She should have taken her life, not those precious angels. Obviously, Calyx and Beau had so much to contribute to our world. They at the very least, deserved to have that chance. JPS took it upon herself to end/prevent/ that possibility. Controlling? Yes, she is. So sad about all this. Cannot believe such horror. Just searching......

Aw, thanks. :) Those things hurt my heart, too. Covering her babies with blankets and moving her baby to the bed shows a shred of "mothering" still in her (in a twisted, confusing way). Hearing of that tiny bit of maternal action from JPS makes it less cut-and-dry. It makes it harder to comprehend because it contradicts everything we are inclined to think about her, that she's a cold, hard, evil, callous and crazy child-killer. It's easier for us (OK, at least me) to digest if I can think hard thoughts about hard actions. Seeing her show that tiny bit of concern over her babies' comfort (again, in a twisted and confusing way) doesn't fit with hard thoughts about hard actions.

Litig8gr, I sincerely admire your courage to express your mind. Yes, this pathetic, selfish, self-serving women, has destroyed any shred of mercy or any compassion she might have deserved,

I only learned of this case last night when I was watching NG. It touched my heart and hasn't let go. I got caught up on this thread today at work and tonight once I got home.

Whether she was depressed or not, I don't see that as an excuse. I suffer from clinical depression but I've never EVER been "that" depressed. I think it must be either drugs or insanity. Seeing her "perp walk" absolutely freaked me out. WTH was wrong with her???

I feel so bad for the kids, the husband, her mother. Even if her husband thought she was depressed, I highly doubt he even considered for a second that it would come to this. As many times as I've gone through a depression, my husband has never hesitated to leave me alone with my kids. Does that make him guilty? Not imo.

Ah, you got it! ITA! Is she criminally insane? IMO, I don't think she is. But, I do think she is CRA-ZZZY!! She'd have to be to do such a terrible, unspeakable thing. Any mother would have to be crazy, don't you think? Yes, she is a heartless, cold blooded killer, absolutely. But I think she is that way because she is crazy. Something in her broke--what was it? I can't imagine what happened that took her from creating life to taking that life away. Same goes for any mother that commits such a crime. As a mother myself, I want to know (I feel I NEED to know!) how a mother could do what she's done.

FWIW, I also want her to be away forever, whether it's DP or life in prison. Make no mistake, I have no sympathy for her.

BBM

In this case, yes, I think she was quite possibly crazy. But I don't think "any mother would have to be crazy" to do such a thing. Mothers kill their kids. I think innocent people like us convince ourselves that they must be crazy in order to protect our hearts and our minds because we don't want to believe that someone like us, that a mother - who we identify with - could take the life of her own child. But it happens. It's life. And it sucks.

jmho

ITA with everything you have said.

Frankly most mothers who murder their own children are NOT mentally ill. Only a tiny minority of them are.

So imo, they are no different than the father who murders his own children. Their motives just as cruel and self centered....just like this woman.

Now I do notice that immediately if a mother coldly murders her own then the first excuse for it that I see is 'she must be mentally ill.":banghead:

IMO that is just not the case .....no matter what gender the parent is .....rarely is mental illness the reason.

I don't believe this woman is mentally ill. I do believe she was very demanding, controlling, high strung.... with an explosive temper.

I don't think she is going to 'come out of it' and realize what she has done. Imo, she knows very well what she has done already.

The kids pizzed her off and she was determined to show them who was boss and she did, imo.

IMO

BBM

In this case, yes, I think she was quite possibly crazy. But I don't think "any mother would have to be crazy" to do such a thing. Mothers kill their kids. I think innocent people like us convince ourselves that they must be crazy in order to protect our hearts and our minds because we don't want to believe that someone like us, that a mother - who we identify with - could take the life of her own child. But it happens. It's life. And it sucks.

I feel no allegiance with these mothers who murder their own. They make my skin crawl. They simply may be the same gender as I am but that is where it ends.

Yes, you are right it does happen, and it happens as often as it does when a father kills his child or children. That is grossly overlooked.

These type of mothers are no rarer than the fathers who do the same thing.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members