GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please hang in there! I know your life has been so complicated by this step daughter of yours, but believe she is worth struggling through for....I'll be praying for you!

Not guilty??? Seriously??? That's like killing her kids all over again, IMO.

It would be near malpractice for an attorney to plead anything else at this point. So begins negotiation for disposition of the case or a properly zealous defence.

Obviously, arguing a case of insanity or diminished capacity would be contemplated.

I'm curious why the "snapped" thing is perceived as necessary to pleading insanity. Insane people, legally insane people, and just plain old mentally ill people, can plan their crimes quite carefully. It does not mean there is no brain disease contributing to the attacks.

I mean, it the "snapped" defense might be necessary to a manslaughter charge, a hot blooded murder (such as a rage killing of a spouse found flagrante delicto, etc), but not to an incapacity to tell right actions from wrong, necessarily.

I don't think that's the case here, that she didn't know right from wrong. I think she was impaired and providing plenty of clues to her violent instability. I think her husband and health care worker were not really ready to see what was there to be seen.

Has her husband seen her since all of this happened?

I don't think so. My perception from reading what I've read is that he may well NOT support or stay with her through all this.

But who knows....I imagine he is still in shock and just only beginning to process the many pieces of this terrible tragedy.

Thanks to all who posted the recent updates....I appreciate your keeping us informed here on Websleuths.

The defense attorney issue is getting complicated, and I hope you will continue to keep us up to date on events.

Thanks,
-Track

Father is filing for divorce

"Today I met with my wife Julie for the first time since I returned from my duty overseas," Parker Schenecker, 48, said in a statement Friday. "The meeting was both emotional and productive. We discussed numerous topics but focused mostly on how so many people continue to honor and remember the lives of Calyx and Beau.

"I felt it was important and proper to inform her in person about my need to focus on the future, and my intention to file for divorce," the statement continues. "Clearly the events of Jan. 27 have taken Julie and me on different paths."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20467484,00.html

This whole case is just heartbreaking. mushyb this case must bring up so many emotions for you. I am so sorry you had to endure that pain. I just can't go for DP on this one. And believe you me in some cases I believe the DP is warranted. Clearly she snapped, and I for one don't know the dynamics that led to this tragedy. She will truly suffer with LWOP. Florida may not think so though.
On a side note, ICA will more than likely go to trial before this case. Makes me wonder if that case will set a precedent for this one.

This whole case is just heartbreaking. mushyb this case must bring up so many emotions for you. I am so sorry you had to endure that pain. I just can't go for DP on this one. And believe you me in some cases I believe the DP is warranted. Clearly she snapped, and I for one don't know the dynamics that led to this tragedy. She will truly suffer with LWOP. Florida may not think so though.
On a side note, ICA will more than likely go to trial before this case. Makes me wonder if that case will set a precedent for this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if both of these women get the death penalty.

I don't believe the 'snapped' defense is going to hold water in this case. There were just too many days of premeditated planning for the 'snapped' defense to work.

It all seems so calculating and methodical. I don't think that will be lost on the jury.

IMO

My dad "snapped" and yet he meticulously left very detailed suicide tapes for my mother, my brother and myself. he was not in his right mind, yet he was capable of laying out all his wishes for after he committed suicide. he was diagnosed delusional psychotic.

I really feel for her husband. I have a lot of respect for him and I understand him filing for divorce. I wonder if I would do the same? What a topic for discussion that would be!

I really feel for her husband. I have a lot of respect for him and I understand him filing for divorce. I wonder if I would do the same? What a topic for discussion that would be!

I can see no reason why he would want to remain attached to this woman in any way.

She has shattered anything that may have existed between them.

I think he thinks if he remained married to her that would be somehow like condoning what she has done and I have a feeling he is never going to forgive her for murdering his children.

That is the ultimate betrayal that can never be repaired, imo.

IMO

My dad "snapped" and yet he meticulously left very detailed suicide tapes for my mother, my brother and myself. he was not in his right mind, yet he was capable of laying out all his wishes for after he committed suicide. he was diagnosed delusional psychotic.

My heart breaks for you mushy. My husband's nephew committed suicide when he was 24 years old in the front yard of his elderly grandparents' home. He had called his grandmother around midnight and said he was coming over. He was over 30 miles away from them when he called. She was waiting at the door for him when she heard the shotgun blast. These were the very two people that loved him the most. My father in law never got over it and has now passed away but my mother in law still languishes about it and always will.

M had clinical depression and wasnt taking his medications. He lied when asked and said that he was.

However; having some type of mental disorder does not mean the person cant have cognitive thoughts and plan things out and know exactly what they are doing or are planning to do. In this particular case here there was no delusion, imo. She was on a mission to silence her mouthy kids that she was sick and tired off putting up with, imo.

The medical community and the judicial system has entirely different standards that must be met. Sadly so many people seem to have some type of mental issue today yet if they commit the ultimate act of homicide(s) the overwhelming vast majority of time they are not deemed criminally insane by judicial standards. Imo, she knew what she was doing was wrong and that is the burden she will fall under in a court of law.

Many who are schizophrenics,sociopaths, bi-polar,anti social... or have some other personality disorder have been convicted in a court of law. Many of them are on Death Row.

Now had she truly just 'snapped' one day out of the clear blue without all the detail planning and both the children were already there in the home then maybe she could be found guilty of a lessor degree. (Crime of passion maybe-2nd Degree)

But imo this woman is not going to be found legally insane. Now will she have some type of disorder? Most likely, but it will not rise to the level to help her in a court of law, imo. Having some type of personality disorder isn't uncommon unfortunately. Just read an article last year where it stated that 1-5 young people have a personality disorder of some kind and some of those 18-25 year olds will become older adults with children one day. Now she sure may have a type of disorder that would let her do this and not have an ounce of remorse or regret. We see these particular type of murderers quite often it seems.

She made sure her husband was out of the country.
She made sure she still took her children to activities.
She applied for the murder weapon.
She was willing to wait for the background check to be done... although I read an article where she complained about the three day waiting period.
She murdered her son inside the vehicle.
She waited to murder her daughter and did.

Most of those with mental disorders of some kind never harm people. Now like your dad and my husband's nephew......they can do harm to themselves.

Imo, it is going to be shown that during the plotting and planning period she exhibited no bizarre behavior or depressed state and went about her life like she normally did.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member