Found Deceased FL - Cassie Carli 37, & Saylor (safe) met Ex to exchange custody, Navarre Beach, 27 Mar 2022 *Arrest

My heart breaks for the little girl. I'm so glad she's okay and she's safe, but to lose her mother at the hand of her father is just awful.

Rest peacefully, Cassie. Your little girl will hopefully be with your family soon so you can rest easy that she will be with people who will taker care of her, love her, and share with her everything about you so she never forgets you.

I hate this. The news of both Cassie and Naomi have shattered my heart this week. :(

I know that many here have been following that case as well, as have I. Two gut punches in just a matter of days is almost too much to deal with. I am so sorry for the loss of these two precious souls. My heart goes out to both of the families and friends of both, and my heart also goes out to my fellow WS'ers.

"Do your exchange in public... broad daylight..." etc.

Even better, let's not give violent people any custody.

Their exchange was in public.

And, would daylight have helped? He could’ve done the same thing to her had the exchange been before sunset versus after sunset.

She did nothing wrong here, & it irks me for anyone to insinuate otherwise. (Not directed to the poster of the quote!)

I am so sick of abusers being catered to by the courts. No one can tell me that this violent/abusive/threatening man’s ‘right to see “his” child’ should’ve superseded the best interest, safety, & LIFE of said child & her mother. This poor little girl has now lost her mother, the most important person in her life, to a monster.

The family law system needs to be reformed & made to put the well-being & safety of minor children & their sole/primary/custodial parents over the “rights” of abusive DNA-contributors to see said child(ren). Sharing gametes does not a parent make!!!

It seems more than clear to me that this beautiful little girl would’ve had a much better life alone with her mother, than being forced to spend time with an abusive man, solely bc he contributed DNA to her creation.

My heart breaks for you, Cassie, & for your family, & especially for your innocent little girl who will now grow up with a life forever altered. You & little Saylor deserved better than this.

Cassie Carli case: Body of missing Florida mom found in shallow Alabama grave

4/3/22

The body of missing Florida woman Cassie Carli was found this weekend in Alabama.

Santa Rosa County Sheriff Bob Johnson on Sunday said Carli’s body was found Saturday in a shallow grave. The sheriff did not say where the body was found but named the St. Clair County Sheriff’s Office and the Springville Police Department as assisting in the search.

He said the body was identified by a tattoo and said an autopsy will be performed in Huntsville.

Johnson said a search warrant was carried out at the undisclosed location. The property is linked, the sheriff said, to Carli’s ex-boyfriend Marcus Spanevelo, who has been living and working in the Birmingham area in recent months.

Spanevelo has not been charged in Carli’s death, but is charged with tampering with evidence, giving false information concerning a missing persons investigation and destruction of evidence. The tampering charge, Johnson said, deals with Carli’s cell phone.

Spanevelo was taken into custody in Tennessee. He remains there awaiting extradition.

The sheriff said he expects more charges against Spanevelo.

Johnson said Spanevelo has not been cooperative in the investigation and has said only one word - “lawyer.”

“He’s been acting like a dirt bag,’’ the sheriff said.

Carli disappeared March 27 after meeting Spanevelo in a restaurant parking lot in Navarre, Florida to turn over their daughter, Saylor, to him for a visit

[..]

Their exchange was in public.

And, would daylight have helped? He could’ve done the same thing to her had the exchange been before sunset versus after sunset.

She did nothing wrong here, & it irks me for anyone to insinuate otherwise. (Not directed to the poster of the quote!)

I am so sick of abusers being catered to by the courts. No one can tell me that this violent/abusive/threatening man’s ‘right to see “his” child’ should’ve superseded the best interest, safety, & LIFE of said child & her mother. This poor little girl has now lost her mother, the most important person in her life, to a monster.

And God only knows what horrible events she had to witness. So definitely no, the rights of violent/abusive/threatening men to see their kids do not supersede the rights of said kids to have a mommy and no heavy emotional baggage to scar them for the rest of their lives.

Just watched the rerun of the PC. For those who were unable to see it live, like me...here it is:

Well done Sheriff and team....
So so sad and senseless.

Heartfelt condolences to Cassie's family.

Clicking on the above, it does show up. It's Fox10 news

Like others have stated, this blow seems extra hard so soon after Naomi. Cassie looked absolutely radiant in her pictures, what a loss to her family.
Monsters walk among us. When they show you who they are, believe them.
Nobody deserves what happened to Naomi and Cassie, and what happened to so many before them and will happen to so many after them. We will make sure they are not forgotten! They are not statistics, they are human beings. Justice is coming!

Last edited:
Cassie Carli case: Body of missing Florida mom found in shallow Alabama grave

4/3/22

Johnson said investigators received information about the possible location of Carli’s body and carried out a search warrant at the undisclosed location. The property is linked, the sheriff said, to Carli’s ex-boyfriend Marcus Spanevelo, who has been living and working in the Birmingham area in recent months.

Specifically, Spanevelo is believed to have been working as a subcontractor with an audio visual company in the Springville area.

I am so sorry to hear this news, though we all knew this was not going to have a good ending. It is of very little consolation at this point, perhaps, but at least now she will be returned to her loved ones, and may be laid to rest with dignity. And precious Saylor will grow up without her mother, but will grow up in a loving home where I am sure she will be told all of the good stories of her mother.

Finally, kudos to all of the various LE units over multiple jurisdictions and states that worked so diligently together to find this young girl and her mother, and to now bring the murderer back to Fla to face justice. Our old friend @Foxfire would be proud.
Geezus! Here we go again, although we all knew this would be the outcome, sadly. And the poor daughter will grow up and learn at some point that her own FATHER did this. I hope she access to excellent therapy. So, so sad. They found her quickly, at least...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim
Back