FL - Christina Grimmie, 22, fatally shot at Orlando concert, 10 June 2016

My god, know nothing about her, was Idol fan for 10 years, I just found out about this 25 seconds ago, my first thought is I need my WS! Going to go get my "intro" to the story and then come here for real info !

Good lord America is just on such a downward spiral. Know nothing but have to assume this is gonna be obsession /mental stuff.

man......................

Just felt compelled to stop where I see this going in terms of peoples "perception" by meida. . CNN at it again. Talking about "security" at the "venue".

The Plaza was a twin movie theatre for years. They then converted it a little concert hall. Its not like it this big concert arena. Just made me angry (and once again like CNN does no fact checking.) Would CNN be asking how someone got into a movie theatre (humm Batman) with out being searched.

It is just not that setting, don t know why it pis@ed me off! There report gives the world this whole other "setting". I was blown away when I saw the headline - just so much violance. But then when I found out it happened at the Plaza blew me away. I had seen some acts in that place years ago, and had seen movies there many, many years ago.

It was never a power house movie theatre. Its big deal was it had chairs that rocked!! After a while they started running The Rocky Horror Picture Show " for like ever. For many it became like this thing they did every weekend endlessly - get all dressed up, and talk all the dialog back with the screen verbatium. Never went to that it was IMO, a horrid movie.

Get some background CNN before you start making it sound wrongly, like there should have been security. Its old, run down, remains very active tho - they always have something going on. It became a concert hall for acts that were once big but declined in popularity.

http://www.plazaliveorlando.com/#/event/1111741-kidz-bop-orlando/

Here is the presser

http://www.wftv.com/news/raw-police-update-on-shooting-of-christina-grimmie_20160611043831/336347349

This is so sad...horrible! I will never understand why someone would do this.

The Plaza Live is a small intimate venue that so many here enjoy. I have been to many shows there. It will never be the same.

http://m.wesh.com/news/2-shot-at-plaza-live-theater-in-orlando-police-say/40005960

At some point during the interaction with fans, the suspect, whom police have not yet identified, walked toward Grimmie with two guns and shot her. Police said Grimmie’s brother immediately tackled the suspect, and during the subsequent struggle, the suspect shot himself.

I'm just so sick over this.
Her and my sister have been friends for 7 years.
Like literal friends. Christina tweets her everyday.
My sister is sitting alone at ihop right now Bc that's the last place the saw each other.

I'm so worried my sister is mute and had been depressed since she was a toddler.
Idk how to help she doesn't talk to me or anyone but her Twitter friends.

My sister is sitting alone at ihop right now Bc that's the last place the saw each other.

I'm so worried my sister is mute and had been depressed since she was a toddler.

This is a testament to Christina and how she loved her friends and family. I'm so sorry for your sister!

She is one of only 2 artists I follow on YouTube. I've been following her for years, before The Voice. She is amazing....talented, loving, compassionate, devout Christian, adores her family and them her.... So devastated to hear this news :(. I honestly can't imagine the reason for someone wanting to kill her but this world just doesn't make sense! My heart breaks for her brother, her family and friends :(.

The world has lost a true light. Here is her audition for The Voice. Tears both when I saw it initially and again today. Her YouTube channel is zeldaxlove64.

[video=youtu;zTIfBXxgfrk]http://youtu.be/zTIfBXxgfrk[/video]

I didn't know her but a beautiful life is lost, from what I read.
RIP Christina.

Why?! I can't understand what could possibly be the motive to kill this sweet, talented young lady. This has to stop.

My guess is an obsessed fan. There have been some other cases. Recently a singer in Japan was stabbed numerous times by a fan.

Just spotted this sad and tragic news,hoped there would be a thread and of course there is one, thanks.
Hope Christina's brother managed to cause the cowardly gunman some pain before he shot himself.imo

Grimmie's brother immediately tackled the gunman, who then shot and killed himself during the struggle, police said.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/christinia-grimmie-1.3630587

I just saw the CNN alert when I woke up. This is so sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TMZ is reporting that Orlando Police are holding a news conference at 11:00 am and they are livestreaming.

Just reading about this most tragic case, and I'm SO heartbroken!
What kind of world are we living in? My girls watch The Voice, and often talk about a future in music. As a parent, you worry for their safety, and something like this is simply beyond the pale. My heart goes out to her brother, forever scarred by everything he experienced, and the rest of her family.
:tears:

These things just shouldn't happen... But we here at WS know they do... :no:

Fly high and free, with the Angels, Christina! I can hear your beautiful voice in my heart from here!

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/11/voice-christina-grimmie-murder-guns/

Police confirmed (...) there is no apparent connection between Grimmie and the killer. He showed up to her concert Friday night with 2 handguns, 2 loaded magazines and a large hunting knife. (...)

Cops say the man is 21-years-old and as far as they know never tried to get in touch with Christina on social media. He traveled from another city in Florida and apparently felt he could get away with it because he had plans to return home.

Just reading about this most tragic case, and I'm SO heartbroken!
What kind of world are we living in? My girls watch The Voice, and often talk about a future in music. As a parent, you worry for their safety, and something like this is simply beyond the pale. My heart goes out to her brother, forever scarred by everything he experienced, and the rest of her family.
:tears:

These things just shouldn't happen... But we here at WS know they do... :no:

Fly high and free, with the Angels, Christina! I can hear your beautiful voice in my heart from here!

:floating:
:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Another senseless shooting. Another traumatic ending to a beautiful young life. ♡

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So sad. I really liked her. The venue is just a couple of miles from my store and I was actually going to go see her but my friend ended up having to work so we cancelled. Heart broken.

I remember her audition on The Voice. Such a bright light...senselessly snuffed out. Words fail me...except these...#%&@! Heartfelt prayers for her family and friends. :heartbeat:

Was this a random psycho or was it her ex boyfriend? Either way it is tragic and heartbreaking. :sigh:

I am thinking that or some crazy stalker type. :crazy:

I'm so sorry. Tell your dear sister that people she doesn't even know on Websleuths are sending her big hugs and thinking of her. :heartbeat:

Deepest condolences to your sister and all of Christina's family, friends and many fans.

A beautiful and talented young lady was taken from them all.

No indication this guy knew her, but looks like he specifically came to Orlando to commit the crime. Police think he was a deranged fan.

"Police say that the killer was a 21-year-old white male who had traveled to Orlando from elsewhere in Florida with two handguns and a hunting knife to commit the crime. After shooting Grimmie, her brother Marcus (aka, Mark) tackled the suspect to the ground, and the suspect then killed himself. Police intend to release his name "in a few hours.""

http://www.people.com/article/christina-grimmie-shooter-deranged-man

She was great on the show this past year with the fashion advertising. I was hoping she would be doing that permanently. This is just so unbelievable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back