Found Deceased FL - Claudia (Pena) Alvarez 25 & husband Nicolas Alvarez 22, she lives FL, he lives NM, 2009 blue Nissan Sentra, last seen Kissemmee, 7 Apr 2024

“Naval Criminal Investigative Service confirmed Tuesday that two bodies found in a wooded area over the weekend belong to a missing Kissimmee woman and her husband.

"I can confirm that the Osceola County Sheriff's Office discovered the remains of Lance Cpl. Nicolas Alvarez and Claudia Alvarez this weekend in Osceola," a spokesperson said.”

Officials confirm missing Kissimmee woman, husband found dead in wooded area

Lance Corporal…so that means he’s a Marine? NCIS being involved—is that usual for anyone in their ranks to be involved in the investigation, or does it tell us something?

So COD is yet to be determined, so was it a double suicide from poison? Homicide/suicide? So bizarre.

So COD is yet to be determined, so was it a double suicide from poison? Homicide/suicide? So bizarre.
I'd say that COD being delayed is unlikely due to suicide by poison (which is pretty rare) but is more likely due to the legal nature of waiting for competition of (1) ongoing investigation do determine if a crime was involved (2) tox screens - which can take up to six weeks or (3) a wait on the forensic pathologist/medical examiner's findings (which if they have a high workload, can be days.

“Naval Criminal Investigative Service confirmed Tuesday that two bodies found in a wooded area over the weekend belong to a missing Kissimmee woman and her husband.

"I can confirm that the Osceola County Sheriff's Office discovered the remains of Lance Cpl. Nicolas Alvarez and Claudia Alvarez this weekend in Osceola," a spokesperson said.”

Officials confirm missing Kissimmee woman, husband found dead in wooded area

Lance Corporal…so that means he’s a Marine? NCIS being involved—is that usual for anyone in their ranks to be involved in the investigation, or does it tell us something?
If the link I provided earlier in this thread with his photo is current he's a Marine, and a missing marine (awol) of any rank can be investigated by NCIS which is the law enforcement branch for both the Navy and the Marines. NCIS does criminal investigations as well as administrative violations (which don't make for good TV but is very much part of what they do). That's likely why he wasn't listed as missing by the Kissimmee police - once it's in federal hands, local LE defers to that military investigation. This recent MSM article about another unrelated missing serviceman that was investigated by NCIS (has his own thread and he was found safe) does explain the interface between military investigation and local LE. NCIS investigating after Marine doesn’t report for duty, bank account emptied

Claudia Pena.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geneasearcher
Back