GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #4 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does KM have to lose by going through with a trial and seeing what she gets? Perhaps she will see if she will get just as good a deal as she is being offered now without giving up the Adelson's and getting whatever they have promised her. Although she seems to think she will get off lightly, so perhaps that is what her lawyers are telling her. Maybe she won't consider a deal until after she finds out whatever the jail time really is. Does that sound possible?
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it's impossible to answer questions like this without knowing who is funding her defense. (She's on food stamps, broke, herself).
Regardless of who funds the defense, lawyers are ethically required to act in their client's best interests. Does anybody with an objective perspective think it is in her best interests to go to trial?
Eventually, IMHO, there will be some close examination of how her lawyers have handled this case, given a (theoretical) 3rd party payment for the legal fees.
IMHO, speculation, etc.

I am shocked, I really am. I thought all of this was the making of Charlie. I really thought Wendi was not part of it. I think she was in cahoots with Charlie on this and possibly her mother too at a later date. JMO

It could have been a tactic as someone pointed out on this thread recently. We don't know what they know.

SA clearly has not arrested WA and there has been no evidence released like there was for DA and CA.
She was, however, called out by name in the closing statements as I recall -- not an absolute fact. After several hours in court, it's hard to be 100%, but I do think that is what I heard.

I would not rework the case and the plotting of it too much based on my recollection.
It was reported in the Tallahassee Democrat it was "the Adelsons" see below.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...su-law-professor-dan-markels-murder/95192196/

“The main thing that he says, that we were hired by Katie on behalf of the Adelsons to come here and do this killing, makes perfect sense with all the other evidence in this case,” Cappleman said. “Yes (Rivera’s) a bad guy that got a good deal. The case against her is solid.”

I am shocked, I really am. I thought all of this was the making of Charlie. I really thought Wendi was not part of it. I think she was in cahoots with Charlie on this and possibly her mother too at a later date. JMO

It could have been a tactic as someone pointed out on this thread recently. We don't know what they know.
SA clearly has not arrested WA and there has been no evidence released like there was for DA and CA.
She was, however, called out by name in the closing statements as I recall -- not an absolute fact. After several hours in court, it's hard to be 100%, but I do think that is what I heard.

Georgia Cappleman in open court as quoted by the Tallahassee Democrat:

"Katie was the one who was hiring them to come to Tallahassee and commit the murder on behalf of Wendi so she could have the children all to herself.”

(this is the same story reallybusy linked to, just a different paragraph).

lawyers are required to act in the clients best interest as long as the client agrees with the action. If KM wants to go to trial, her lawyers have no choice but go to trial.

The new amended discovery documents indicate that the evidence was sent to Saam Zangeneh in Miami and not to Garcia's attorney in Tallahassee. Didn't SG change counsel?
For defendants without much financial means, they have managed to obtain a fairly large number of attorneys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, in these comments on Turley there is the following blog post that cites my comments on this thread.

"Does The Prosecution Believe (And Can It Prove) That Wendi Adelson (And Not Charlie Or Donna) Hired Katherine Magbanua And Sigfredo Garcia To Kill Dan Markel?"

The "Not Charlie or Donna" part is not what I meant. What I meant is they singled Wendi out intentionally. It's not my belief that the prosecution is shifting away from Donna and Charlie or possibly Harvey as being implicated as well.

[video=youtube;NdiRhzTsSnk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdiRhzTsSnk[/video]

It's a family affair, it's a family affair

One child grows up to be
Somebody that just loves to learn
And another child grows up to be
Somebody you'd just love to burn

Mom loves the both of them
You see it's in the blood
Both kids are good to Mom
"Blood's thicker than the mud"

Once Garcia was arrested; The Adelsons hired a lawyer for KM. Jmo

So I wonder if her lawyers are giving the Adelsons information if so.

Once Garcia was arrested; The Adelsons hired a lawyer for KM. Jmo

So I wonder if her lawyers are giving the Adelsons information if so.

I have wondered about that. Doesn't LE have enough spy resources to find out who is paying the lawyer. If they figured out DM's killers without any leads, it should be easy.

Just pay the lawyer more!

No offense to any lawyer here. I know, I know... everyone deserves the best defense possible and it's cool to be so "objective"

It used to be cool for veterinarians, while in vet school, to operate on an animal, usually a dog (often raised for that purpose), remove a lung or kidney or whatever they felt like. Let the anesthesia wear off AND THEN DO IT AGAIN. The law says they cannot do this more than 3 times, but who is counting. And who is watching.
About 10 years ago a student refused and now all vet schools have to offer the same class using simulated animal bodies.

Nevertheless many vet students are so cool and objective that they do not mind seeing an animal suffer and the live animal class remains popular

RESPECTFUL SNIP

Knew that WA changed her last name after the divorce but was unaware that she took DMs name from his children. I betcha they won't be happy about that when they are old enough to realize what it means.

Especially since the Adelson name is now ruined. Maybe they can change their name back and move to Alaska or something. They did nothing wrong and it is not fair.

So Wendi seen that her neighborhood was flooded with cops on the day of the murder; But never called Dan or a neighbor to find out what's happening on our block?

Plus she never checked their home to make sure that it didn't involve her house that her kids lived in?

Plus she never made sure to ask a cop whats going on in the neighborhood because her kids will be getting out of school in several hours?

And was her liquor run and lunch date more important before calling Dan to make sure that the neighborhood was cleared of cops before the kids got out of school?

So basically; Imo. Wendi seemed to have known more at the time. Jmo

I don't think the Adelson's are paying for Magbanua's defense. I don't think they are paying for Garcia's defense. I don't think they are paying for anyone's defense but their own. I don't think they are in contact with any of the co-conspirators outside the family anymore. I doubt they were in contact with KM after Garcia and Rivera were arrested - once the warrants were published and it became clear how much the police knew, it was too risky. If they were still in contact with KM after arrests were made, I think they definitely ceased after KM was arrested and Rivera pled.

I think at this point the A's are just hoping, unrealistically, that KM won't plea and sell them out, that she'll try her chances for a Not Guilty verdict instead. She will plea, of course, and I think the A's know that even if they are in denial right now.

I also feel sorry for Harvey Adelson. Jmo

Because he was the patriarch that made sure his family became or stayed prominent.

But everyone used things such as phones and vehicles in his name to contact or pay off hitmen to kill his son in law that he may have actually respected. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl