GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

0101ABA

Former Member
Reaction score
Florida State University professor Dan Markel was found in his Tallahassee, Florida, home on Friday. Police say there were no signs of robbery or burglary and have yet to disclose any motive.
According to Tallahassee police, officers found Markel after a neighbor called 911 at about 11 a.m. with reports of a "loud bang."

Markel, 41, was rushed to a local hospital, where he died the following day. "While we cannot release specific information or details regarding this case, the Violent Crimes Unit is releasing that Mr. Markel's cause of death was a fatal gunshot wound to the head," Tallahassee Police Chief Michael DeLeo said in a statement.
By Monday, police had categorized the case as a homicide, and according to Tallahassee Police Department spokesman David Northway, Markel was the intended target.
Clues sought in slaying of FSU law professor Dan Markel - CNN
Probable Cause documents
Leon County Court Motions (dissolution of marriage)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna Adelson: Wendi, this isn't good news for us, is it?
Wendi Adelson: Don't worry mom. If they had any evidence we would have already gone to the airport.
I wonder if LE and the State worry about them being a flight risk?

Part of me thinks they won’t flee because they aren’t going to abandon Charlie, and also fleeing can be used against them later, right?

Betcha the Feds are sitting outside their houses this fine Memorial Day weekend.

Wendi:

“Mom, I’m sick to my stomach and feel nauseas. Can you run up to Walgreens and get me some Pepto? Oh …and can you also stop by the liquor store as well and get some of that bourbon we like. I have a feeling we’re going to need it, but not for the same reasons as last time. Thanks Mommy”

I wonder if LE and the State worry about them being a flight risk?

Part of me thinks they won’t flee because they aren’t going to abandon Charlie, and also fleeing can be used against them later, right?

Betcha the Feds are sitting outside their houses this fine Memorial Day weekend.
Garcia's attorney is on record saying he is aware law enforcement maintains 24/7 monitoring of the Adelsons.

Donna Adelson: Wendi, this isn't good news for us, is it?
Wendi Adelson: Don't worry mom. If they had any evidence we would have already gone to the airport.
I had just made my first post at the end of the last thread, I’ll repeat.
“Personally, I think the key to the whole thing here on out is DA. I would imagine that if LE arrests DA, she will get the full experience of the arrest and spending days/nights in jail. If they arrest DA and not WA, DA will do anything to keep her precious one from ever having to go through that experience. She would throw CA and herself under the bus and swear up and down that WA, aka, precious, had nothing to do with it. That doesn’t mean DA would be successful in warding off WA arrest, but you want to talk about “tickling the wire”? I bet that would tickle!”

Wouldn’t it even be great to take down DA right in front of precious?
I’ve witnessed the classic over-connected parent/childcrelationship. I’ve seen it play out right in front of my eyes. DA would do anything, in my opinion, to keep WA out of jail.

Revisiting WA’s long police interview video which is online, it’s striking that virtually the first thing she tells Craig Isom is that she saw the police tape and a police car on Trescott. When Isom tries to figure out why she would take that route past the Trescott house she says she does it as a way to come to terms with her divorce.
Huh.
She then segues into being in the liquor store and a guy working at the liquor store complimented her on her eyes being really blue and Isom says “You have contacts?” Love that, he’s the best.

She really puts emphasis on not leaving her residence until noon that day. When she testified last week on direct it came up again that the TV repair appointment window (set up by DA though WA doesn’t want to acknowledge that) was 8am to noon. IMO that was her preset alibi and she made sure to send emails and call friends and run errands and have lunch plans after the repairman left to further bolster her alibi.

Also she tells Isom her and Dan were exchanging messages the morning of the murder and Dan had left her a message he would call her after he was done at Premier gym at 1030 (to discuss their latest dispute about where to enroll their eldest in kindergarten— which is the subject Dan was talking to someone on the phone about when he was shot). They were in communication that morning, she knew where he was and that the kids were dropped off at preschool.

Anyway the whole 5 hour video on you tube is pretty fascinating especially as the case moves on to the Adelsons as the architects of the plot.

I had just made my first post at the end of the last thread, I’ll repeat.
“Personally, I think the key to the whole thing here on out is DA. I would imagine that if LE arrests DA, she will get the full experience of the arrest and spending days/nights in jail. If they arrest DA and not WA, DA will do anything to keep her precious one from ever having to go through that experience. She would throw CA and herself under the bus and swear up and down that WA, aka, precious, had nothing to do with it. That doesn’t mean DA would be successful in warding off WA arrest, but you want to talk about “tickling the wire”? I bet that would tickle!”

Wouldn’t it even be great to take down DA right in front of precious?
I’ve witnessed the classic over-connected parent/childcrelationship. I’ve seen it play out right in front of my eyes. DA would do anything, in my opinion, to keep WA out of jail.

DA will also do anything to keep WA out of prison because that would mean the Markels would get the kids. Those poor kids.

Is Wendi the Golden Child, which is also transferred to her kids. And CA is the scapegoat!? What a strange family! CA seems to be wholly motivated by what his mamma wants! Enough to commit murder. It’s insane that he would do this just to get DA’s approval.

Revisiting WA’s long police interview video which is online, it’s striking that virtually the first thing she tells Craig Isom is that she saw the police tape and a police car on Trescott. When Isom tries to figure out why she would take that route past the Trescott house she says she does it as a way to come to terms with her divorce.
Huh.
She then segues into being in the liquor store and a guy working at the liquor store complimented her on her eyes being really blue and Isom says “You have contacts?” Love that, he’s the best.

She really puts emphasis on not leaving her residence until noon that day. When she testified last week on direct it came up again that the TV repair appointment window (set up by DA though WA doesn’t want to acknowledge that) was 8am to noon. IMO that was her preset alibi and she made sure to send emails and call friends and run errands and have lunch plans after the repairman left to further bolster her alibi.

Also she tells Isom her and Dan were exchanging messages the morning of the murder and Dan had left her a message he would call her after he was done at Premier gym at 1030 (to discuss their latest dispute about where to enroll their eldest in kindergarten— which is the subject Dan was talking to someone on the phone about when he was shot). They were in communication that morning, she knew where he was and that the kids were dropped off at preschool.

Anyway the whole 5 hour video on you tube is pretty fascinating especially as the case moves on to the Adelsons as the architects of the plot.
OMG -- Isom was so funny, bursting her bubble about her eyes/the contacts. I missed that part until I re-watched a few weeks ago. That little exchange highlighted to me what Isom was really thinking. I think the tv repair guy got there and left EARLY...on the stand this time WA said she had a "last minute" lunch arranged for that day. JMO.

Huh.

Mariposa, I am going to revisit that interview as well! I’m sure there’s lots of details in there that are eye opening!

Gotta go mow my lawn. Love chatting with you all. I am so invested in this case. My heart just bleeds for the Markels. I’m an FSU grad and it just struck close to me. Such a tragedy.

Is Wendi the Golden Child, which is also transferred to her kids. And CA is the scapegoat!? What a strange family! CA seems to be wholly motivated by what his mamma wants! Enough to commit murder. It’s insane that he would do this just to get DA’s approval.
I think CA was not the scapegoat child (that would be RA who CA even talks some trash about on the wiretaps/video). I’m having trouble finding it but on the last thread someone made a great point about CA’s role in the family. He is the protector and the one who fights the world on behalf of WA, DA, HA and won’t allow people to mess with them, on penalty of death if needed. In this view WA and DA are hysterical emotional messes guzzling pepto. HA, we don’t know much about him but he’s elderly and their have been references by WA that his health is fragile. So CA is the swashbuckling multimillionaire cowboy, his steed is his Ferrari he drives around south Florida in to cash only dental jobs, he will go to the dark criminal side to make the others happy. He is a middle child too.

The defense opened with a promise to prove Katie’s innocence. Why would they have made such a promise and then why would they not have kept it?

Was Garcia set to testify that he ran the entire show? Did the defense know or strongly suspect that the mysterious recent prison phone calls would have contradicted that testimony? And if the prison phone calls reveal that Katie was the actual ringleader, why would Kawass still appear to believe strongly in Katie’s innocence?

I think CA was not the scapegoat child (that would be RA who CA even talks some trash about on the wiretaps/video). I’m having trouble finding it but on the last thread someone made a great point about CA’s role in the family. He is the protector and the one who fights the world on behalf of WA, DA, HA and won’t allow people to mess with them, on penalty of death if needed. In this view WA and DA are hysterical emotional messes guzzling pepto. HA, we don’t know much about him but he’s elderly and their have been references by WA that his health is fragile. So CA is the swashbuckling multimillionaire cowboy, his steed is his Ferrari he drives around south Florida in to cash only dental jobs, he will go to the dark criminal side to make the others happy. He is a middle child too.
You’re right the estranged son (I’m assuming that’s who you mean by RA) is the scapegoat - hence why he’s estranged. But I can’t help but feel like CA doesn’t feel all that loved or accepted either if he’s going to such great lengths to “protect” I mean. It feels desperate in his part. If that makes sense….

He’s about to be the scapegoat now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member