FL FL - David 'Donny' Pichosky, 71, & Rochelle Wise, 66, Hallandale Beach, 10 Jan 2013

IMO, although both the Pichosky and Sherman families were from Toronto, they are also very different. There is a vast disparity of wealth between the 2 families, from what I’ve read. Prior articles linked here noted that Donnie and Rochelle were solidly middle class, and appeared to have no enemies that would be motivated to murder both of them. The Shermans on the other hand, had tremendous wealth, and Barry’s litigiousness brought the couple numerous enemies - so many enemies that the list of suspects and motives is endless. I have not seen anything published that indicates that the couples knew each other or socialized. They may have ties to the same Jewish community institutions, because those institutions would serve individuals from a variety of demographics.

I have been to the area where the Pichosky/Wise condominium complex is located, and it is a very modest complex by area standards. It is not a luxury property. It is not comparable to the Sherman’s property or lifestyle. Prior posts noted that a live guard at the gate had been discontinued to budget constraints. Hallandale Beach has some depressed areas, and parts are also adjacent to areas with high crime rates. The Walmart that the victims visited is in area with a lot of crime, and I continue to think that the victims were observed there, followed and targeted. The local police may think so, because they released images of the couple in the Walmart, and asked the public if they had information.

I think that Donnie and Rochelle were the victims of an opportunistic crime that did not target them beyond identifying them as “marks” for a crime. There could be other victims of the same couple from the US, perhaps killed in a different way or simply robbed. The local police traveled to Toronto and interviewed quite a few people to try and rule out a personal motive. They also used DNA and had Parabon profiles done to try and ascertain physical appearance.

The details of exactly how Donnie and Rochelle were murdered have not been released, IIRC. As far as the Shermans are concerned, the sheer number of motives and possibilities is much greater, due to factors of wealth, family conflicts, personal litigation and constant corporate litigation.

Last edited:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/dna-profile-florida-murder-suspect-1.3535947
David Pichosky and Rochelle Wise were found asphyxiated and bound in January 2013 inside their Florida home

April 14, 2016
''Police in Hallandale, Fla., have developed a DNA profile and composite sketch of one woman they believe is involved in the murders of a Canadian couple more than three years ago. (Hallandale police)
''Local police chief Dwayne Flournoy says officers have found DNA evidence from two females at the crime scene and say both women are believed to be involved in the deaths.

He says DNA phenotyping has allowed them to develop a composite sketch of one of the two women.

Flournoy says one woman is confidently believed to be light to olive skinned with brown or hazel eyes and dark hair.

He says there is no such detailed profile of the second suspect, but DNA evidence says the two women are not related either to each other or to the victims.

Flournoy said both profiles have been run through databases in both the U.S. and Canada, but have failed to generate any matches.

While no leads have come in for well over a year, Flournoy said he believes information from the public will be the key to solving the crime.

"We have a great deal of information and evidence, we're just missing one tip," Flournoy said at a news conference. "We're just one lead away from solving this case."

''He said police have evidence suggesting the fatal confrontation began at the couple's front door, adding the suspects brought items into the home that have helped produce the DNA evidence.
Flournoy said previously released video footage shot around the couple's home showing a woman feeding nearby ducks is still believed to be central to solving the case.''

We know that Donnie and Rochelle were asphyxiated, but no details have been released as to whether there was a struggle and how the situation inside the condo unfolded. I think both perpetrators would have to be present at some point to control 2 people. IMO a firearm may have been used to subdue both of them.

We still don't know why the couple became victims. I think the local police may be withholding a lot of information. As time passes, it would be wise to share more information. If there were cameras in some areas of the complex, do they have a make and model of a car used by the women?

It will soon be the 10th anniversary of this unsolved double murder. The Hallandale Beach PD has not released any new information. The victims' visit to Walmart continues to intrigue me. I recently read about a serial killer in Texas, Billy Chemirmir, who is believed to have murdered at least 22 elderly women. In one of the trials, which was for the murder of Mary Brooks, Chemirmir initially observed his victim at a local Walmart, and followed her home. He killed her on the following day. Billy Chemirmir found guilty of capital murder in death of Mary Brooks

Chemirmir hunted for elderly victims and targeted their jewelry, in many cases (but not all) targeting senior living facilities. What is interesting is the use of Walmart for selecting victims. In the Pichosky/Wise case, there is apparently DNA for female perpetrators, but perhaps like Chemirmir, they worked in the senior care field.

Feb 14, 2013
Hallandale Beach PD

''The unidentified woman was caught on video carrying an item toward the back of the South Florida condo of David “Donny” Pichosky, 71, and Rochelle Wise, 66.
The woman was then filmed on a neighbour’s security camera walking to the front-side area of the home, with nothing in her hands.

“This particular video was shown to the residents in the community, and nobody knew who this person was,” said Hallandale Beach Police Capt. Sonia Quinones. “We’re hoping by putting the video out through the media, somebody out there . . . will recognize her, and let us know who she is.”

''The woman in the video appears to be blond and heavy-set, wearing a black jacket, grey pants and white running shoes, Quinones said.
Police did not give any information about the item the woman was carrying.
The footage was captured at around 9:45 a.m. on Jan. 9, the day before the well-loved couple was found dead in their townhouse in the quiet, palm tree-lined Venetian Park development.''

In a couple of months it will be11 years since this double murder occurred... It is sad and frightening to think that the perpetrators are still out there. South Florida has a lot of crime, but a lot of crimes here do get solved.
I have to say that I'm surprised that this case hasn't been solved. LE has video of the perps yet they apparently have no idea who they are.
This couple's loved ones deserve to know who killed them.

It is now over 11 years since the murder of this couple. The police have a video, DNA and physical evidence, yet the crime has not been solved. I don't know if the police have hired a company to utilize the DNA along with family tree data. They indicated using databases, which likely included CODIS. If the women are not from the US, data might be limited. It appears that the police have worked hard in this case. The killers are still out there, though....

One thing has always interested me - the killers almost certainly had a car. I have wondered whether there is any video that shows the make and model of the suspect's car. If that data was available, it should have been released immediately.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back