GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

Why in the world they don't just fry that sorry bump on a log right now is just beyond me! He was already despised by many, and me in particular, but sitting there all that time barely batting an eyelash was repulsive to watch! In the infamous words made so by another there in FL we love to hate, "Waste, huge waste!"

Sal,

Are you the person he tried to blame? If so I was so sorry to see what the defense put you through on the stand, it was absolutely repulsive. I would love to hear the thoughts of the jury on this case.

I saw 2 jurors on In Session this morning. One of the things they said was that his demeanor durning trial had no effect on them at all. The 911 call Denise made pretty much sealed his fate along with his cousins id'ing his voice on that call. God Bless this jury.

I'm anti-DP, or at least try to be, but if ever a case screams for the ultimate sentence this one does. May it bring some comfort to Denise's loved ones.

I'm wondering if there wouldn't be more DP sentences if the jury heard the victim plead for her life. At least Denise's final words, ultimately, did not fall on deaf ears.

If you would like to help the Denise Amber Lee Foundation please vote :blowkiss::blowkiss:

One of our members, David Garofalo, is running for a board position with the Washington DC based E911 Institute. This Institute supports the E911 Congressional Caucus. This is a very important opportunity for our Foundation. Please go to their website and vote for Dave. You may have to sign up as a member but their is no charge to do that and it takes about a minute. Deadline to vote is October 2nd. If you know anyone else that is already a member of the E911 Institute, urge them to vote for Dave. Thank~You

This is the website
www.e911institute.org:angel:

Does anyone know if that pre-sentencing thing ( I can't remember the name of it ) has occured yet? If so has he been sentenced to the DP yet?

TIA

Her courage, strength and determination are amazing. It's unfortunate people don't want to get involved when they are told or perceive unacceptable behavior as an issue that's none of their business (i.e. his cousin not doing anything to help Denise as she was screaming to him from the back seat begging him to help her. And again, not doing anything after King drove away with Denise still screaming and, after giving King the shovel and gas can). She might still be alive if Muxlow did something - he's gotta live with that for the rest of his life and in my opinion, deserves to.

I'm sorry but I hope King faces an even worse demise than Denise in prison - the prisoner inflicted death sentence.

Sorry again.

Nathan Lee to sue sheriff's office over mishandled 911 call

The husband of a murdered North Port mother has decided to sue the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office.Her husband Nathan Lee says he will make the announcement in front of the Charlotte County Courthouse Wednesday morning. He says law enforcement was nearby and the handling of the call denied his wife a chance of surviving.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/Global/story.asp?S=11307460

Does anyone know if that pre-sentencing thing ( I can't remember the name of it ) has occured yet? If so has he been sentenced to the DP yet?

TIA
The Spencer Hearing was this past Wednesday. It lasted about 20 minutes (they had allowed two days). Apparently King didn't have anything new to add to why his life should be spared. In fact, he chose not to talk at all.

The sentencing is scheduled for December 4th. I have faith that the judge will follow the jury's recommendation.

SARASOTA -- While it took only two hours for a jury to convict Michael King of killing Denise Lee, a Sarasota judge has had nearly three months to make his life-or-death decision.

The hearing is set for 2 p.m. Friday in courtroom 3A of the Lynn N. Silvertooth Judicial Center in Sarasota. Dec 3rd

He cannot die fast enough.....grrrr:furious:

Rest in Peace Denise. You are never too far from my thoughts:blowkiss:

Sentencing is going on now, but I can't find any local coverage yet! It started at 2PM and expected to last an hour!

Thanks for the infor, EarthAngel...hope that you are strong as you can be right now!

Could someone post the outcome of what happened today? TIA.

http://www.sunnewspapers.net/articles/llnews.aspx?articleID=15048&bnpg=0

King sentenced to death

SARASOTA — 12th Circuit Judge Deno Economou sentenced Michael King to death this afternoon for the January 2008 slaying of 21-year-old Denise Amber Lee.

Much like during his two-week murder trial in August, a clean-shaven King, 38, showed no emotion when the judge read his decision. He was quickly led away from the courtroom.

In reading from his 45-page decision, Economou said that none of the mitigating factors in the case — King's IQ, his mental state, a childhood sledding accident that caused a brain injury, a recent breakup, the fact he has a teenage son and that he was described as a good worker — held much weight with the court.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea a book was coming out. I just wrote to Denise's MIL (who is a good friend) to find out what they knew of the book (if it's written by a knowledgeable source, etc). I'll share any feedback I receive.

And btw, Denise's boys are doing great. Growing up and just beautiful.

Thanks for the info, I had no idea a book was coming out. I just wrote to Denise's MIL (who is a good friend) to find out what they knew of the book (if it's written by a knowledgeable source, etc). I'll share any feedback I receive.

And btw, Denise's boys are doing great. Growing up and just beautiful.

That's so great to hear and so sad at the same time that they have to grow up w/out her. :(

Thanks NoZme!

This brings back such sad memories.....Denise tried so very hard to save her own life. Heartbreaking story. I hope her husband, sons and father are doing well and have figured out how to live without her. There really are no words.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cdawn
Back