FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dont think she had a "doctorate" did she?
She had a medical degree but a doctorate is not the same thing. It is not unheard of for a doctor to continue their education with a masters degree. JMO
From the e Bella article in May 2015. Its a pdf. I can't link from my phone.
"earning a bachelor's in biology, a nursing degree, a masters in medical science, a medical doctorate"
She had YEARS of schooling it seems. She took a break for two years between college and Med school. She was a nursing assistant and a PA as well?
I guess working her way up the ladder, I'm not sure.
I'm confused!

I think that "not playing by the rules" in a professional world filled with a lot of rules could cause problems...moo and then again I guess it depends on which rules/who she was disregarding. I am not a big fan of "order out of chaos" situations :)

OK strategizing then. I can see that.

I posted way way way upthread (prob thread #1) that LS made another backhanded compliment about TS after the murder, saying that TS cared more about helping her clients than being liked by her clients. To me, if we are speculating about all the many possible ways this case could go, it seemed like LS could have been setting up the idea that there are people out there who don't like TS.
Also, this was in the same context as when LS said (I am paraphrasing, but I think close to her exact quote) that instead of focusing on what happened to TS, we should be focusing on spreading her message. Only, the "message" seemed to be all about energy healing with LS as the sudden star of the show. Most people wait a couple days before getting over such a brutal murder of a colleague and friend. It was weird to me that she replaced TS's face on the front of the real estate speaking engagement and carried on one week after TS's death. Also weird that she was so interested in the "coverage" she got on GMA.
And obviously, she was involved in, or spearheaded the $1 mil site within 24 hours of the murder. Hmmmm.
And she got a mention in the obit?
Something is strange.

I just went back and located this post from Facebook regarding the appointment with the trainer:

Concept 10 10 Naples
July 2 at 5:49am ·
IN MEMORY OF DR. TERESA SIEVERS
I have only known Dr. Sievers for less than a month.
She recently started her Concept 10 10 training and was thrilled about it. So thrilled that she would recommend it to many of her patients. We agreed that I should supervise her first 6 workouts.
She had an appointment on Monday at 6.45 p.m., and of course, didn't show up as she was killed earlier. I didn't know at that time and called her cell and left a message, and followed up with a email on Tuesday. First Wednesday morning when I saw the newspaper did I know what happened. It is so sad and unreal. She was such a nice person. May she rest in peace.
Jorgen Albrechtsen

That's an awful lengthy and over-detailed explanation of how he didn't know

I posted way way way upthread (prob thread #1) that LS made another backhanded compliment about TS after the murder, saying that TS cared more about helping her clients than being liked by her clients. To me, if we are speculating about all the many possible ways this case could go, it seemed like LS could have been setting up the idea that there are people out there who don't like TS.
Also, this was in the same context as wehn LS said something like (I am paraphrasing): "Instead of focusing on what happened to TS, we should be focusing on spreading her message". Only, the "message" seemed to be all about energy healing with LS as the sudden star of the show. Most people wait a couple days before getting over such a brutal murder of a colleague and friend. It was weird to me that she replaced TS's face on the front of the real estate speaking engagement and carried on one week after TS's death. Also weird that she was so interested in the "coverage" she got on GMA.
And obviously, she was involved in, or spearheaded the $1 mil site within 24 hours of the murder. Hmmmm.

bbm...

I think that this statement also sort of implies that she liked to impose her will/rules on her patients even if they were resistant to her ideas...

If you call yourself a Doctor or an Internist (Medicine) you are implying you have your doctorate.
She is board certified. Wouldn't she have to have her doctorate to take the boards?
(maybe not?)

bbm...

I think that this statement also sort of implies that she liked to impose her will/rules on her patients even if they were resistant to her ideas...

Great minds were thinking alike right here!!!

That's an awful lengthy and over-detailed explanation of how he didn't know

That dude is like a 5th level black belt and likes martial arts not for the sport, but because of the warrior aspect. "If" I had a short-list of theories, he might be involved in one of them.

That dude is like a 5th level black belt and likes martial arts not for the sport, but because of the warrior aspect. "If" I had a short-list of theories, he might be involved in one of them.

I'm with you on that, but maybe it's simply an ESL issue that exists, which the name implies it could.

And if only there were a short list of viable theories on this one!

The three most likely causes in murder cases in general:

love
money
family

or some combination thereof.

Here, of course, the many other, some possibly hinky, theories must wait till those above are disproven.

I just went back and located this post from Facebook regarding the appointment with the trainer:

Concept 10 10 Naples
July 2 at 5:49am ·
IN MEMORY OF DR. TERESA SIEVERS
I have only known Dr. Sievers for less than a month.
She recently started her Concept 10 10 training and was thrilled about it. So thrilled that she would recommend it to many of her patients. We agreed that I should supervise her first 6 workouts.
She had an appointment on Monday at 6.45 p.m., and of course, didn't show up as she was killed earlier. I didn't know at that time and called her cell and left a message, and followed up with a email on Tuesday. First Wednesday morning when I saw the newspaper did I know what happened. It is so sad and unreal. She was such a nice person. May she rest in peace.
Jorgen Albrechtsen
Thanks! It just didn't make sense at first considering she had cut her time in CT short to return home for patients' appointments. I was also trying to rule out in my mind any possibility of him being at her home that morning.

Here's the thing with the husband and why I am not looking at him:
He was in another state at time of murder and let's say it was a hired hit.. Then why did it seem to be a crime of passion? See what I mean?

But with the way the sheriff has been commenting, anything could be possible.

You make a good point. It doesn't rule out that the there might have been some sort of love triangle. (Like, someone loved him and she wanted TS out of the picture and to have financial security for their life together.) I feel bad even speculating that he could have any involvement because he is a just victim right now. And a very grieving one. But, of course, statistics are what they are and I am sure he is being thoroughly investigated.

Thanks! It just didn't make sense at first considering she had cut her time in CT short to return home for patients' appointments. I was also trying to rule out in my mind any possibility of him being at her home that morning.

I don't think we can rule that out as a possibility at this point. SOMEONE was there. Would be interesting to find out who has a tan truck (or SUV). It seems to have been reported both ways.

Same here....and I do have a relatively "short list" as I firmly believe the perpetrator knew Teresa was home alone when she was murdered and this individual (the trainer) may be someone she could have told that her husband and children would be returning home later. From what has been revealed about an argument, the garage, a hammer, etc. it seems that there was a confrontation which escalated into a bludgeoning attack on Teresa.

MOO

Totally agree.

me too...the "May she rest in peace" part sorta seems over the top and rehearsed? Maybe it's just me...all I know is that I have never said that about anyone that I actually knew. I have said it about people in the media that were elderly and/or sickly and expected to pass away and not someone that I knew who was slaughtered in their own home unexpectedly.

Can anyone link the eBella PDF article? It wants me to make an acct.
All of her schooling is CRAZY!!!
Valedictorian in high school. Went to college.
Quit school worked as a waitress, got certified as a nursing assistant:-(because it paid as well as a lab assistant with a Bachelors degree in biology)

"Bachelors in biology, a nursing degree, masters in medical science, medical doctorate Board certified."
Planned to become a PA but went to med school in Dominica West Indies instead because it takes 2 years to get accepted....
Interesting stuff here!!!

I went to her website. Is it just me or has a good bit of it been removed? Like New patient forms and fees and office policies...

I don't see the "not playing by the rules" comment as negative whatsoever. Definitely doesn't necessarily mean "cheating or underhanded". It just means non conformity. To have your own mind. To not do things simply because that is how it is "suppose to be" or what the status quo is. I consider it a compliment.

I understand what you're saying, but it has always meant a negative as it was intended by the philosopher who originally coined it. Historically, this specific phrase means exactly this: cheating, playing a foul game, hitting below the belt, (and shenanigans, lol).

It's entirely different from the idea of non-conformity or thinking outside the box, thinking in new and fresh ways, going beyond arbitrary boundaries. Those descriptions connote positives.

FWIF, I believe LS misspoke and chose the wrong phrase when she meant progressive.

Frankly, I wouldn't trust someone who doesn't play by the rules. "The Rules" being a common understanding and respect of societal behavior. Scooping a parking spot from someone who is obviously waiting patiently certainly gets them where they want to be, but it is definitely "not playing by the rules".

I'm no sheep, but I believe there are certain "rules" of behavior that make for as peaceful a community as possible.

Perfect example: if one doesn't play by the rules on Websleuths, there are repercussions.

:peace:

She is board certified. Wouldn't she have to have her doctorate to take the boards?
(maybe not?)

An M.D. is not the same as a doctorate, right? Also, couldn't a D.O. take the boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssshotgunnn