FL - Dr Teresa Sievers, 46, murdered in home, Bonita Springs, June 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently I must be one of the few WS members who does not find it odd and crazy for Mark and the girls to be on the roof playing cards. Maybe those girls are the adventurous types who find it more fun to do off the wall things with daddy than to be stuck in a house playing Barbie dolls. I think I'll just excuse my weird self from this thread altogether and go work on the plans for the candlelight vigil for the Lyon sisters next weekend. Rest in peace, Teresa!

You can contact a Mod and they will get your info etc. One of her Patients got verified, but she actually knew the Dr. ....dont feel pressured... :)

Thank you! Maybe we will all finally hear something tomorrow. Have a good night.

I did drive down Jarvis street the other day and noticed how their house kind of sticks out with that bright white fence around it. It is also closer to the street than I believe every house on the block.

Lakshmi, are you from the area as well and do you know or know of the Sievers family? You seem very interested in the info mckazpm is posting so just curious!

I am endlessly sad for the Sievers family and friends. Words cannot express how I feel for them and especially for the kids. Dr Sievers seemed incredibly devoted and genuinely committed to her work. I wished she could have spend more time with her family. What a loss for the entire community!

One thing to learn out of all that is certainly to be on alert and pay attention to what is going on in your proximate neighborhood. Any suspicious person, vehicle, behavior or noises out of the ordinary need to be reported.

Be also aware that photographs of your home and vacation announcements on social media/ websites are dead giveaways for crimes of opportunity. Not saying that this is what happend here in the Sievers case. I just wanted to post it.

Carry on..

Thanks No it's not.... Their house looked newer, as best I could tell from photos. Google aerial satellite pics show homes on either side looking to be smaller single story ranch style. Still others larger than those have different roof lines but not quite like the Sievers.

Such unrest for the Sievers AND these neighbors as this case has not yet been solved. Prayers that the perp is caught with evidence that sticks. Still, much time will be needed for all to come to terms, if you will, with an event that has changed lives forever. This family will never be the same, neither will this neighborhood---but life will go on, in a different way and one day at a time.

Apparently I must be one of the few WS members who does not find it odd and crazy for Mark and the girls to be on the roof playing cards. Maybe those girls are the adventurous types who find it more fun to do off the wall things with daddy than to be stuck in a house playing Barbie dolls. I think I'll just excuse my weird self from this thread altogether and go work on the plans for the candlelight vigil for the Lyon sisters next weekend. Rest in peace, Teresa!

Without knowing the details, how can anyone know if it was odd behaviour or not? Is it odd to be on the roof playing cards?
I have a hard time picturing anyone playing frisbee on that roof, so taking that info at face value is .. Well, a little odd... JMO

Wasn't there other information you said you had about why your source thought the Seiver family was odd?? Care to elaborate on that?

I just re-read all the posts and a brother was never mentioned?

Without knowing the details, how can anyone know if it was odd behaviour or not? Is it odd to be on the roof playing cards?
I have a hard time picturing anyone playing frisbee on that roof, so taking that info at face value is .. Well, a little odd... JMO

From my point of view,the roof thing is getting old. Whether you think its odd behavior or not,to have 10 year old girls playing on a roof,it has NOTHING to do with this murder. It might say something about the parenting skills of the individuals but it did not cause TS to lose her life. I'll check back in tomorrow and hopefully everyone is "off the roof"

From my point of view,the roof thing is getting old. Whether you think its odd behavior or not,to have 10 year old girls playing on a roof,it has NOTHING to do with this murder. It might say something about the parenting skills of the individuals but it did not cause TS to lose her life. I'll check back in tomorrow and hopefully everyone is "off the roof"

This thread is feeling hinky tonight

Also, to murder someone in their own home, I just don't think it was well thought out by the perp. It was very risky because of the cameras,neighbors might see them, the vehicle left in the area.etc... To me it just seems they were very lucky they were not seen by SOMEBODY,especially considering the time of day. It is definately baffelling to me how they got away without someone seeing them or some evidence of them. This is why I think it was more a crime of passion -ie: spur of the moment and not planned.
That can go either way, in my opinion. If the perpetrator knows for certain that the target is home alone and there is no one else expected to come to the house, what better place to make sure he is not seen or caught? Murdering her away from home would increase the risk of someone calling LE immediately.

I also believe if the arguing was heard before daylight, the perp didn't linger in the house after the murder and was able to leave undetected.

MOO

Exactly. Thank you!

That can go either way, in my opinion. If the perpetrator knows for certain that the target is home alone and there is no one else expected to come to the house, what better place to make sure he is not seen or caught? Murdering her away from home would increase the risk of someone calling LE immediately.

I also believe if the arguing was heard before daylight, the perp didn't linger in the house after the murder and was able to leave undetected.

MOO

What you say is true because that is what happened and the perp wasn't seen but I contribute that to luck. Anyway, it can go either way but they were lucky a neighbor wasn't walking a dog, getting the newspaper,going to work,driving down the street--etc....They got away totally unseen

I dunno, I tend to think anger could spark brutality too. While I do see some problems with the idea of it being a patient or a patient family member, the brutality isn't one of them. Anger can be very passionate. While it doesn't happen often and I'm not sure this fits the typical especially being at her home, there are instances of patients or a family member of murdering the doctor. Just this past winter there was a case in Boston where the son of a cardiac surgeon patient who passed away shot and killed him right at the hospital.
That is the huge difference with this case...Teresa was murdered inside her home, versus the other case where the doctor was murdered at the hospital, which I would assume is more common with someone who is disgruntled, feels wronged, etc. Many of these "workplace" shootings also end with the perp committing suicide (due to their own shattered emotional state) or "suicide by cop". Whoever murdered Teresa either hadn't planned it in advance, or did it in her home so as not to be caught. And whoever they are, in my opinion, knew not only where she lived but that no one else would be in the house that morning. So my question is: who had she told that?

MOO

For some reason I always seem to contradict myself due to my screen name.. :thinking: I will therefore keep calling myself NIN.

Thanks!

-NIN

Sorry folks. I guess I misunderstood the rules. I thought it wasn't allowed for just anyone to come n here and provide inside information. Usually those folks have to get verified. Or at least that's what I thought.

I wasn't aware of that. Can anyone clarify please?

Thanks!

-Nin

If a poster is providing insider information then yes they should consider becoming verified. Who is harrassing?

Eta - Especially when that inside information is challenging the integrity and character of a victim.

I didn't read her posts as that. The victim's husband was addressed, not her. Did I miss something?

if anyone driving down the road or walking by can see you on your roof that does not make the person who saw you and insider...imo. if a person does things in public then those things are open to interpretation, jmho

I didn't read her posts as that. The victim's husband was addressed, not her. Did I miss something?

Victims families are usually protected as well here at Websleuths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernVintageMama