FL FL - Emma Vaughn, 14, Orlando, 10 July 1982

I think Emma is the Jane Doe who was found near Lake Dorr in Lake County in April 1984. Everything matches. The hair color, hair part, hair feathering, wide face, broad chin, eyes, weight and height. And Emma was said to have spent time with laborers after she disappeared. There are lots of laborers in Lake County. Most of them lived in trailers in the 1980s. The Jane Doe is thought to have been a victim of Michael Ronning. He lived in a trailer in Umatilla. Have police ever investigated a link between Emma and this Jane Doe?

Here are two 1982 photos of Emma:

vaughn_emma3.jpg

vaughn_emma.jpg

And here is what appears to be the best photo of our Jane Doe:

126UFFL1.jpg

Keep in mind that Emma would have been about two years older than her last known photo if she was killed in 1984.

I also just learned that the Jane Doe had damage to her front top left incisor.

Here is a photo of Emma's teeth. The photo is a little old. It's from 1979. But it shows her chipped tooth.

EmmaVaughnAge12.jpg

Umm, this is an amazing find. I can’t see anything that doesn’t match. Have you called it in?

Umm, this is an amazing find. I can’t see anything that doesn’t match. Have you called it in?

I haven't called it in. I am a little shy about that kind of thing. But I would love for someone to report it.

Ok I emailed the lake county Ohio pd who were listed for the Jane Doe. if I don't hear back in a couple of weeks ill call ( I'm in the uk).
I can't find a contact email for the officer listed for Emma.

I think you mean Lake County Florida. Hopefully, you got the right one. Thanks. I look forward to hearing whether you get a reply.

I think you mean Lake County Florida. Hopefully, you got the right one. Thanks. I look forward to hearing whether you get a reply.

Actually you are right I made a mistake, so thanks for that!!

Anyway I emailed Lake County Florida PD and had a reply just now- saying they had received my email and would look into it...

This was on the Tammy Alexander thread, Mods if I'm not supposed to do this let me know:

Quote Originally Posted by Needtoid View Post

I just looked back at my database and notes. I had contacted police over 7 years ago asking if they would compare these. When you google the unidentified and missing dates it is obvious it is her. Never heard back from anyone. Pretty disappointing that this happens a lot to other cases as well. Could have been solved long ago. I'm sure that other people have clued them in on Tammy and this UID person before. She was like one of the only females to disappear the prior day. Same goes w Emma Vaugn and Princess Doe. I alerted the police 7 yrs ago....no replies.

Emma is not listed as a rule-out for El Dorado Jane Doe despite being named as a possible match going back at least a decade. Does anyone know if she has been ruled out? Her DNA is in CODIS so I can't see why she hasn't been ruled out in all of these years.

NAT_7091_1.jpg

Facial/case ID
Public viewable

NAT_7091_2.jpg

Age progression
Public viewable
Emma's photo is shown age-progressed to 38 years (1/20/2006)

Missing
Last seen alive: July 10, 1982

Circumstances: Emma was last seen walking down Robinson Street in Orlando, Florida. She may have been seen in the general area after that time, but her whereabouts are currently unknown.
First Name: Emma Lorene
Middle Name: Lorene
Last Name: Vaughn
Details
Age When Last Known Alive: 14
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 63.0
Weight: 114.0
State: Florida
Zip: 32801
County: Orange
Appearance
Hair: Brown
Eye: Blue
Scars And Marks: Emma had a scar on chin, scar on eyebrow, nonspecific and a strawberry birthmark on the front of the right calf.

Finger And Toe Nails: She had a tendency to bite her fingernails and toe nails.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school
Back