FL FL - GERALD STANO -confessed to murdering 41 victims, 1973-80

I have gotten out my copy of "I Would Find A Girl Walking" but his killing career is generally believed to have started in 1973, and Carlene wasn't a hitchhiker which is what he seems to have preferred (although not all of his victims were). He really does seem obsessed with music, his clothing, his cars. The accounts of his confessions take a great deal of time with him describing what he had on and what his car looked like. He enjoys talking about the fact that he wore a class ring and would hit girls with the back of his hand while wearing it. Completely self-absorbed as if the main point of it all isn't the murdered girls. I guess maybe they had to let him ramble in order to get his cooperation.

I don't understand why serial killers are such liars either. When you are already on death row, why not tell the families where their girls are? Why not tell everything?

I have gotten out my copy of "I Would Find A Girl Walking" but his killing career is generally believed to have started in 1973, and Carlene wasn't a hitchhiker which is what he seems to have preferred (although not all of his victims were). He really does seem obsessed with music, his clothing, his cars. The accounts of his confessions take a great deal of time with him describing what he had on and what his car looked like. He enjoys talking about the fact that he wore a class ring and would hit girls with the back of his hand while wearing it. Completely self-absorbed as if the main point of it all isn't the murdered girls. I guess maybe they had to let him ramble in order to get his cooperation.

I don't understand why serial killers are such liars either. When you are already on death row, why not tell the families where their girls are? Why not tell everything?

They don't tell because they get off knowing that we are still out there suffering. They get a thrill every time they see a family begging for answers.

As far as I know Stano did not kill in Florida until 1973. The again, who knows? That was the first one they knew he did, but who knows if he killed anybody they did not know about.

They don't tell because they get off knowing that we are still out there suffering. They get a thrill every time they see a family begging for answers.

As far as I know Stano did not kill in Florida until 1973. The again, who knows? That was the first one they knew he did, but who knows if he killed anybody they did not know about.

I felt the need to come here and correct the last post I made here. If Stano murdered Gail Joiner in 1972, then he apparently did kill in Florida prior to 1973. The fact that he knew things that only someone who might have killed her would have known, makes me think that his Florida victims may be many more than anyone thinks.

I have seen mention on a few sites about him of Jane Doe victim he left along a Florda Highway. Does anyone know if this victim was ever found or identified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80
Back