FL FL - Immokalee, Fanstin Hildago-Castillo, found 6/7/2003

Grungster

Reaction score

On June 7, 2003, a migrant farm worker was located in Immokalee, the victim of blunt force trauma inflicted by someone else. He was transported to Naples Community Hospital where he died of his injuries. Prior to losing consciousness, he stated that his name was Irraglo Faustino, but this name was later proven to be false.

In 2018, his fingerprints were submitted to The Department of Homeland Security’s Latent Fingerprint Unit and a match was found, Fanstin Hildago-Castillo, DOB 6/24/79. He was arrested in 1997 near the US-Mexico border and was deported back to Mexico, as he was a Mexican national, but a photograph was taken of him, which matched the post-mortem photograph. It is likely he was living in the United States under a fake identity, likely Irraglo Faustino, but no further information regarding Fanstin was found and his body has yet to be claimed by relatives, who have yet to be located.

Sources

Rather odd that they won't list where he is missing from or disappeared from. I wonder if that would jeopardize the investigation?

Fanstin Hildago

Name Fanstin Hildago-Castillo
Sex Male
Age 23
Missing from Withheld
Disappeared Withheld
Discovered June 7, 2003
Location Immokalee, Florida
Identified 2018
Span 14 years
Cause of death Beating

upload_2020-11-27_13-34-33.png

The Doe Network: Case File 779UMFL

• The victim was discovered on June 7, 2003 in Immokalee, Collier County, Florida
    • Estimated Date of Death: June 7, 2003
Vital Statistics
    • Estimated age: 21-35 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"; 120 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic male. Medium length, thick, straight, dark-black hair with a very faint mustache and very faint beard; brown eyes. No tattoos; on the upper abdomen there is a very faint 1-inch scar; the right knee has a 1/2-inch scar.
    • Clothing: Clothing discarded by hospital; no jewelry.
    • Other: His name was believed to be Irraglo Faustino; however, investigation has thus far proved inconclusive as to the validity of this name.
Case History
The victim was located in Immokalee, Florida on June 7, 2003. He was transported from the Immokalee area to Naples Community Hospital where he died.

I wonder if his family was ever found and interviewed. He surely sent money home? Maybe he mentioned someone who he was having difficulty with while working on the farm?

See more on page 11:
http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/MEC/Pub...load-Reports/2018-Annual-Workload-Report.aspx
The Department of Homeland Security’s Latent Fingerprint Unit identified the deceased as Fanstin Hidalgo-Castillo, a Mexican national. Mr. Hidalgo previously encountered the Border Patrol in 1997 when he was apprehended near the U.S.-Mexico border. He was repatriated to Mexico, but a photo was taken before his return. The name, identifying information, and photograph were provided to the Medical Examiner’s Office, who reported that the photo was “exactly the same” as their unidentified decedent.

Unfortunately, no other information about the subject or encounters with him could be located, and no next of kin information was found. Given the previous mention of the name Irraglo Faustino, the subject likely resided in the U.S. using a fictitious identity. This information was passed to the District 20 Medical Examiner’s Office and shared with Collier County Sheriff’s Office. The Medical Examiner will coordinate with the Mexican Consulate for assistance in notifying Mr. Hidalgo’s family or living relatives.

• 779UMFL
    779UMFL.jpg

779UMFL, discovered on June 7, 2003 in Immokalee, Florida has been identified as Fanstin Hidalgo-Castillo. Read more here
Located & Identified Persons

He's been ID'd via Doe Network
Here's the content of the article attached (links not working for me)

MEDICAL EXAMINERS COMMISSION MEETING Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort 9300 Emerald Coast
Parkway Miramar Beach, Florida 32550 May 4, 2018 10:00 AM CDT
The following information was extracted from the minutes of this meeting;
Success Story 17
We recently received a positive hit on one of the many fingerprint cards provided by the District 20
Medical Examiner’s Office and Collier County Sheriff’s Office. These cases were identified for scrutiny by
the use of a data extract of cases in the NAMUS system. The decedent, a migrant farm worker, was
initially located in the Immokalee area, where he had been the victim of blunt force trauma later
determined to be a homicide. He was transported to Naples Community Hospital where he identified
himself as Irraglo Faustino before passing away. That name was later determined to be false.
The Department of Homeland Security’s Latent Fingerprint Unit identified the deceased as Fanstin
Hidalgo-Castillo, DOB 06/24/1979, a Mexican national. Mr. Hidalgo previously encountered the Border
Patrol in 1997 when he was apprehended near the US-Mexico border. He was repatriated to Mexico, but
a photo was taken before his return. The name, identifying information, and photograph were provided to
the Medical Examiner’s Office, who reported that the photo was “exactly the same” as their unidentified
decedent.
Unfortunately, no other information about the subject or encounters with him could be located, and no
next of kin information was found. Given the previous mention of the name Irraglo Faustino, the subject
likely resided in the US using a fictitious identity. This information was passed to the District 20 Medical
Examiner’s Office and shared with Collier County Sheriff’s Office. The Medical Examiner will coordinate
with the Mexican Consulate for assistance in notifying Mr. Hidalgo’s family or living relatives.

UPDATE: Here is a photo of Fanstin, it was from 1997, but he looks older than 17-18...

32212745_2039874456024813_8231935293918281728_o.jpg

UPDATE: Here is a photo of Fanstin, it was from 1997, but he looks older than 17-18...

32212745_2039874456024813_8231935293918281728_o.jpg
He does look like he’s in his 20s at least. I wonder if his family verified his DOB. Back then, he may have given a birth year that would guarantee he’d be treated as an unaccompanied minor, rather than an adult.

I suspect this case will never be solved. It won’t rank high as a priority and the agriculture worker population is so transient. Staying under the radar is paramount.

He does look like he’s in his 20s at least. I wonder if his family verified his DOB. Back then, he may have given a birth year that would guarantee he’d be treated as an unaccompanied minor, rather than an adult.

I suspect this case will never be solved. It won’t rank high as a priority and the agriculture worker population is so transient. Staying under the radar is paramount.
I think the sheriff's office is working hard on this case, one of the investigators seemed more willing to talk about another case than this case. Must mean they have some significant information.

Irraglo Faustino Sounds to me like the person asking him p t onably did not understand him (maybe language barrier and he was weak or had tubes in him or what not anyway ..Irraglo Faustino. Totally sounds like he was trying to say Hidalgo Fanstin ... at least to me.

Irraglo Faustino Sounds to me like the person asking him p t onably did not understand him (maybe language barrier and he was weak or had tubes in him or what not anyway ..Irraglo Faustino. Totally sounds like he was trying to say Hidalgo Fanstin ... at least to me.
From what people have told me, Irraglo Faustino and Faugsisino Ildago are very uncommon names in Mexico. I wonder if Fanstin was drunk and gave these names.

Rather odd that they won't list where he is missing from or disappeared from. I wonder if that would jeopardize the investigation?

Fanstin Hildago

Name Fanstin Hildago-Castillo
Sex Male
Age 23
Missing from Withheld
Disappeared Withheld
Discovered June 7, 2003
Location Immokalee, Florida
Identified 2018
Span 14 years
Cause of death Beating
I was told that they don't know his State of Origin in Mexico, which is the only way for the Mexican Consulate to notify family. Furthermore, the US Dept. of H0meland Security had no information on his next of kin, which seems a little considering the fact he had been apprehended at 17 and that he never tried his age - unless he was 18, I believe he would have to remain in custody until family contact could be made.

I was told that they don't know his State of Origin in Mexico, which is the only way for the Mexican Consulate to notify family. Furthermore, the US Dept. of H0meland Security had no information on his next of kin, which seems a little considering the fact he had been apprehended at 17 and that he never tried his age - unless he was 18, I believe he would have to remain in custody until family contact could be made.
Bumping. Anything new on this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls
Back