FL FL - Jacksonville, BlkMale Pre50, Poss. Name Mike/Michael, Nickname "Pepper", Poss. Presented as Different Gender, Found in Transient Camp, Nov'23

I was thinking about this case last night and doing random research around it. The article below is a few years old, but gives good insight into the strife, at least then but probs still somewhat on-going, between Jacksonville's Black trans community and LE. The research also showed that the Jacksonville Black trans community is fairly well organized and interconnected. I'm not sure what LE relations are like with the community right now, but I would hope they'd reach out to the local LGBTQ and trans specific groups and orgs about this Doe as likely someone knows who they are.

POSSIBLE FIRST NAME - MIKE/MICHAEL
NICKNAME - PEPPER

Sketch
View attachment 470677
"The decedent was found by a fellow transient in camp off Hodges Blvd., Jacksonville, FL."

Sex - Male (Possibly presented as different gender)
Race - Black
Age - Pre-50
DBF - November 11, 2023
Location - Transient camp off Hodges Blvd., Jacksonville, Florida
Condition - Recognizable
All parts recovered

Height - 5' 5"(65 inches) Measured
Weight - 110 lbs Measured

Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Unknown (Presumably Brown)

Piercing - Both ear lobes

Tattoos
- Feather and outline birds trailing away (Right Arm)
- Indistinguishable tattoo (Left Arm)

Clothing
- Green sweatshirt
- Black pants
- Black underwear
- Nylon thigh high stockings

Jewelry/Accessories
- Yellow metal chain with attached black chain
- Black beaded chain
- Two post earrings
- White metal ring
- Red string bracelet
- Hair tie
Purely on facial resemblance (and being a Michael) , this guy jumped out for me. But no further things like tattoos or earrings mentioned, so it’s a long shot. Height & weight is not way of.

On the other hand he could have gotten his piercings & tattoos in the period he was missing.

1704627792859.jpeg

Purely on facial resemblance (and being a Michael) , this guy jumped out for me. But no further things like tattoos or earrings mentioned, so it’s a long shot. Height & weight is not way of.

On the other hand he could have gotten his piercings & tattoos in the period he was missing.

View attachment 472788

Michael sure sounds like he deliberately disappeared. He's in range on height and weight, facial and hairstyle very similar, and yes, he's had plenty of time to get ink and piercings. I think you should submit him.

View attachment 472788

View attachment 476262View attachment 476265
There's a 'Mychal Peterson' out of Jacksonville FL on Facebook who hasn't posted since 2018. Wonder if it's the same person.
Very good resemblance all over the face, especially the nose... Something of a coincidence if they aren't Pepper Doe.

EDIT: And both Pepper Doe's ears are pierced. Mychal clearly has at least one ear pierced in that photo.

MOO

Found another Mychal Peterson FB page. Is that the same tattoo on their shoulder. The dragon? Hard to see and remember it’s a selfie, so the image is reversed. Log into Facebook
184183584_307595534208294_8812701716654676066_n.jpg

Wow, great find on the fb selfie, that’s def the same tattoo! Will we get an update if they decide it is indeed Pepper Doe?
Great job sleuths! :D
It depends. Sometimes, the NamUs page is just removed, and the case is listed as resolved. Some families don't want the name and image of their loved one public, and that is something that you make your peace with and move on. The important thing is that the people who need to know, know.

MOO

It depends. Sometimes, the NamUs page is just removed, and the case is listed as resolved. Some families don't want the name and image of their loved one public, and that is something that you make your peace with and move on. The important thing is that the people who need to know, know.

MOO
Ah yes, that makes sense. This is my first time getting involved in the unidentified section here, so I was unsure how it all works. Thank you! :)
RIP Pepper

What is the process of identifying typically like at this point? As in: Does LE need next of kin to confirm? (This feels potentially problematic at large, but particularly for queer folk.) Or could they be reaching out to the local people connected to Mychal via fb leads or via whichever lead led to the full name?

I know social media isn't often real, but their fb pages make it look like there are definitely people out there who would love and miss them.

What is the process of identifying typically like at this point? As in: Does LE need next of kin to confirm? (This feels potentially problematic at large, but particularly for queer folk.) Or could they be reaching out to the local people connected to Mychal via fb leads or via whichever lead led to the full name?

I know social media isn't often real, but their fb pages make it look like there are definitely people out there who would love and miss them.
Lately I find that when the possible name is added, it generally means that LE is wrapping the case up behind the scenes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist
Back