GUILTY FL - Jennifer Alfonso, 27, murdered in her South Miami home, 8 Aug 2013

I didn't see any reasonable doubt either. When I watch the murder video I don't see a knife handle on the sink, I see a shadow from someone moving around. When I see where the blood is and the position of the victim on the floor it is clear to me she was kneeling when he shot her. It wouldn't take me long to deliberate on this verdict.

We are officially on verdict watch.

@Miamicurt: Jury has begun deliberations in murder trial of Facebook KIller Derek Medina, who claims self-defense in 2013 killing of wife Jen Alfonso.

I didn't see any reasonable doubt either. When I watch the murder video I don't see a knife handle on the sink, I see a shadow from someone moving around. When I see where the blood is and the position of the victim on the floor it is clear to me she was kneeling when he shot her. It wouldn't take me long to deliberate on this verdict.

I agree. He didn't shoot her to save his life...IMO he shot her to save his pride. She called him a "pussy," and he wasn't going to stand for it. He must have loved seeing her on her knees begging for her life before he pulled that trigger eight times. He was clearly proud of what he had done since he posted that horrific photo on Facebook like she was some trophy hunt. I expect a quick verdict.

@Miamicurt: Jurors in Facebook Killer trial already have a question less than an hour into deliberations. Waiting to find out what it is.

@Miamicurt: Jurors in Facebook Killer case want to view a snippet of surveillance video from inside home before Derek Medina shot wife Jen. Alfonso.

@Miamicurt: Facebook Killer jury is going to view kitchen surveillance video in courtroom be can't get TV into jury room. So we're all booted out.

@Miamicurt: Facebook Killer jury is going to view kitchen surveillance video in courtroom be can't get TV into jury room. So we're all booted out.

:waiting:

Thanks to all for the updates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Miamicurt: Jurors deliberating in Facebook KIller case want to review video statement of victim Jen Alfonso's then-10yo daughter Isabel.

I hope this means that they have decided on the murder charge and are working on the neglect charge. I give the jury credit for staying late but it seems they are determined to get their verdict tonight.

A couple of interesting statements made by the defense during closing:

"@courtchatter: Defense Closing: #DerekMedina's statement needs to be questioned."

If defense wants his statements questioned, he should've taken the stand to answer those questions.

And

"@courtchatter: #DerekMedina - In Closing Arguments, the defense says his client lied about boxing record, says you can't believe what he told police"

Then we can't believe what he told police about a knife and him gunning down his wife in self defense either. They can't have it both ways.

I don't see a shred of reasonable doubt presented during this trial. I will be shocked if DM gets anything less than 1st degree murder. And anyone who watched the pretrial hearings knows when the verdict is read, DM is bound to lose it and start yelling.

BBM~ I will be shocked too because, that's what he deserves.

Sending this Jury the strength and clarity they will need to see this through. Nothing should stand in their way as the "trier of fact" in this case.

I pray they see things as clearly as we do. :please:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just watched the Daubert hearing from this morning and it is indeed the same Schumaker who made the animation video for the Zimmerman trial.

First of all, he is clearly very, very ill. The comparison of how he looked this morning to how he looked in 2013 is alarming.

Anyway, the Daubert hearing regarding admissibility of his testimony as an expert witness in the 2013 Zimmerman trial was over 2 hours long, and not once did he mention the use of, the importance of, the analysis of, or anything else about shadows. Not for that trial, or any other trial he testified in previously. He answered questions for about 45 minutes regarding his education and work history and the guy graduated with a degree in fine arts and then went into graphic design for years.

The judge did not allow him to testify in this trial so this is all moot, but he is nowhere near qualified to testify as an expert about shadows, especially by merely using his eyes. :rolleyes:

Schumacher at the Zimmerman Daubert hearing:

[video=youtu;vXbtyqFinj8]http://youtu.be/vXbtyqFinj8[/video]

Schumacher at the Medina Daubert hearing:

[video=youtu;wD1QI3F739I]http://youtu.be/wD1QI3F739I[/video]

@Miamicurt: Jury recessing for the night with no verdict in Facebook Killer case, returning Wednesday morning to deliberate.

Great memory! Yes, he seems really ill and I felt bad for him, he had just been discharged from the hospital and went right to court to testify. The judge was correct, he wasn't qualified to testify as an expert on shadow analysis.

Jurors will resume deliberations Wednesday in the trial of a man dubbed the ‘Facebook killer.’

“At this point we have created reasonable doubt. That’s what that is. The second you agree that that’s a knife…she’s armed within 1.6 seconds and moving this knife right next to Derek,” defense attorney Saam Zanganeh said in his closing statement.

To counter, prosecutors argued they had facts to back up their argument, showing a video of the moments before Alfonso was killed, asking jurors to compare that video to what Medina said led up to her death. They then played a video of Medina walking into the kitchen, moments before the shooting, analyzing his body language. The prosecutor also questioned why the knife was found in the kitchen drawer if Alfonso had it in her hand when she was shot.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015/11/25/deliberations-to-resume-in-facebook-murder-trial/

Natalia ZeaVerified account ‏@nataliacbs4 1m1 minute ago
Jurors just came into courtroom. Many who have not dressed up previously are wearing blazers, other nice clothing

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 51s52 seconds ago
No stream right now in #DerekMedina. Jurors are in courtroom ready to resume deliberations.

Anyone else worried? It seems a long time for a verdict that I believe should be easy to reach.

Livestream is up and all attorneys and Medina are in court. They are discussing lunch, whether to check with jurors if they want lunch ordered.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 49s49 seconds ago #DerekMedina - Lol, gathering to discuss lunch.

Judge sending in 12 menus so they can order what they want but the jurors will remain in the jury room, can't go out for lunch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HairHawk
Back