FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching some thing on investigation discovery on another case and they said in this day and age today (not 2006) they can locate a phone and know where it is within a radius of 3 to 5 feet and if it’s on a first, second, third floor, etc. Amazing how quickly technology has progressed.
I track my teenager’s phone. Technology is amazing now.

My money would be on you two solving it if y’all got the files.

I recently went by the hog for the first time as well as drove around the area. I’ve noticed there were several people walking when I have looked at google street view over the years, but I was still amazed at all the people walking around close by. This guy wouldn’t have stood out. There was even people riding bikes on Oak Ridge, and I thought of you. Two people were sitting outside in the hog parking lot in baseball chairs. Time was around 1:30 pm when we were there. There was alot of traffic and we sat at a couple of lights a good while. It is nearly 16 years later though. It would be nice to see other images the camera captured plus have the details you’ve always wanted. Especially the footage of the opd since we know what they were wearing. It would give people like you more reference points to look at for sure. I was looking at my security camera at home one day and noticed my sons clothes were white like the poi’s. He was wearing a white tshirt and blue & white plaid fleece pj pants. Up until I read Bo’s handlers comments on the police report, I always thought the poi walked back to the Mosaic. Now, I don’t think he did.

I would also love to know the cell phone data from the opd’s files. It would tell us so much and set in stone important details. I do believe in the ping study that has been referenced for years, and I do believe her phone wasn’t on past 10:40 pm. There’s been too much smoke. I don’t believe the technical info will change. I think she was in trouble before 10:40 pm on January 23rd. It would also be quite telling to look at the call/text records and technical info in the weeks leading up to her disappearance too.

The cell phone data and the video are some of the most important info we have in this case and will always be. It should not be dismissed. I imagine opd has a pretty good grasp on what her cell phone was doing. They were saying early on they thought she went out Monday night.

Is OPD sure that the car was parked at noon on 1/23/06 ? We know the time stamp was off by an hour due to daylight savings time but could it have been off 12 -13 hrs ? RD , I know you have done a lot of work on the POI in the video's at the HOTG , were there shadows where the POI was that would indicate a daytime video as opposed to a pm video ....Like Flgrl mentioned when she went there recently around 1:30pm there were a lot of people around ...I haven't noticed any people in the frames of the POI , maybe I just missed them ....

Is OPD sure that the car was parked at noon on 1/23/06 ? We know the time stamp was off by an hour due to daylight savings time but could it have been off 12 -13 hrs ? RD , I know you have done a lot of work on the POI in the video's at the HOTG , were there shadows where the POI was that would indicate a daytime video as opposed to a pm video ....Like Flgrl mentioned when she went there recently around 1:30pm there were a lot of people around ...I haven't noticed any people in the frames of the POI , maybe I just missed them ....

The complete lack of anyone or anything else is eery, marable. The video of the car driving in was so dark and the car's headlights were on that it sure looked like night in that video. Some people researched and found that model car lights came on all the time, something I hadn't even heard of, so that explained the headlights being on.

But the video of the gate where the stills come from is not dark as the other one. There are no shadows to speak of but we wouldn't expect much of shadows at noon. You can see however under the car. The street goes from light to black behind the car (in background behind POI). The small embankment behind POI is also darker as in shadow versus where it levels out across lane behind the POI. These all indicate shadows.

The off by 12 hours I think has been asked hard from the beginning because the entrance video was so dark. Along lines of what I asked for in recent post, viewing the gate video for periods before and after the POI to see what effects camera had on other people as they walked by, and it shouldn't take that much to see some other people walking around if it is noon.

The complete lack of anyone or anything else is eery, marable. The video of the car driving in was so dark and the car's headlights were on that it sure looked like night in that video. Some people researched and found that model car lights came on all the time, something I hadn't even heard of, so that explained the headlights being on.

But the video of the gate where the stills come from is not dark as the other one. There are no shadows to speak of but we wouldn't expect much of shadows at noon. You can see however under the car. The street goes from light to black behind the car (in background behind POI). The small embankment behind POI is also darker as in shadow versus where it levels out across lane behind the POI. These all indicate shadows.

The off by 12 hours I think has been asked hard from the beginning because the entrance video was so dark. Along lines of what I asked for in recent post, viewing the gate video for periods before and after the POI to see what effects camera had on other people as they walked by, and it shouldn't take that much to see some other people walking around if it is noon.

The fact that there weren't any people(that I can see ) around at noon when Jennifers car was parked has always gotten to me as I used to be a home health nurse and had to go into places like the HOTG and there was ALWAYS people on porches , in the parking lot , coming and going , police officers cruising the area etc .....I guess it would make more sense that the car was parked at noon as opposed to midnight....I think that she left her condo Monday night for whatever reason and if the perpetrator parked her car at the HOTG at midnight , they would have been in a rush ....

Jennifer Kesse’s father marks 16 years since disappearance, lambasts Orlando police

Drew Kesse, whose daughter Jennifer Kesse has been missing since Jan. 24, 2006, marked the upcoming 16th year since the disappearance in an update to his family’s Wednesday.

In the message, Kesse accused the Orlando Police Department of negligence and said it was incapable of fulfilling an agreement to provide the family with a digital file of Jennifer’s case.

”Here’s where we are: almost four years ago we came to an agreement with the Orlando Police Department that they would, over the period of four months, generate a digital file of Jennifer’s case and give it to us at their requested cost of $18,000. We paid the price, in full, upfront,” Kesse said.

Instead of an easy transaction, Kesse said that his family has spent the last several years “fighting against the machine that is Orlando politics.”

“Now imagine, over that time, fighting for unredacted copies with the city’s lawyers and trying to have our private investigators find Jennifer from all those files. Then finding out that the lead detective on Jennifer’s case did not write a single report or any document since 2010, 12 years!!!” Kesse said. “We firmly believe the department’s negligence and lack of competency cost Jennifer the chance to be found.”

I came to this case very late. It is the first I have heard about discussion of the poi video possibly being from that time at night. Can anyone direct me even vaguely to where early discussion of that was?

Very interesting not knowing the neighbourhood I hadn't noticed the lack of people - plus I admit I just accepted the time stamp. This is a really exciting avenue to consider. Now of course we can also consider that the time stamp is irrelevant and it could be from any time. From what has been said would there not likely be somebody around just after midnight as well? Also how long did the apt. have possession of the tape before given to police? It would not be a large conspiracy to consider they might have something to hide.

Last edited:
1. One thing I find a bit frustrating is the lack of information from the Kesses. In the interview recently linked they point out that missing persons cases are usually solved by the public.

2. It is still technically a missing persons case. In the interview recently linked her father is still hopeful I take it now not very or not at all. There are so many cases where people left their lives to the befuddlement of everything who knew them. Or was trafficked. To me the possibility of either is less than 3% but not zero.

Last edited:
My thoughts on the update:
1. I thought the agreement was for the files to be redacted.
2. Were there no notes since 2010 -or- were there no notes from just the lead detective? I know there was movement on the case since then regarding searches. How could their not be any documentation on those?
3. It doesn’t surprise me that le isn’t taking orders from private citizens. The Kesse’s attorney should have explained this to them before they proceeded with their lawsuit.

I came to this case very late. It is the first I have heard about discussion of the poi video possibly being from that time at night. Can anyone direct me even vaguely to where early discussion of that was?

Very interesting not knowing the neighbourhood I hadn't noticed the lack of people - plus I admit I just accepted the time stamp. This is a really exciting avenue to consider. Now of course we can also consider that the time stamp is irrelevant and it could be from any time. From what has been said would there not likely be somebody around just after midnight as well? Also how long did the apt. have possession of the tape before given to police? It would not be a large conspiracy to consider they might have something to hide.
After visiting the area, it’s even more alarming that nobody is around. I would imagine the time stamp would have been easy to verify back in 2006. I hope this was done, but I do see why people think it’s off. Maybe that’s one of the secrets that’s kept close to the vest.

Citing a post on the previous page by B. linking the discussion of 1. a 7/11 supposed sighting 2. passage of her car through east west tolls 3. cell phone use it as for 1. says a 7/11 clerk thinks they saw Jennifer the evening before she disappeared, LE thought it resembled her, her family said it was not her. Man would I like to see that footage. A 7/11 in those days I doubt it was very clear CCTV etc. only became generally clear and vivid very recently. The latest time the clerk said was 9:00 but there was a three hour window 6 to 9.

It seems to say clearly that the last call on her cell phone ended at 9.56 which more or less matches what Rob said. So if that is correct... and IF it is true that cell phone use in her unit was iffy and she usually used her landline and she told Rob she was in bed that final call then there does seem to be something to doubt and investigate there.

I am more and more persuaded that F. is right, that however unreliable the cellphone data is in specifics it does suggest J. went out that evening.

There is something I always wanted to say about the poi video. In the first still image he seems to have both arms behind him in an unusual position? I had always wondered if at that moment he was disposing of something in the row of bushes just before that row ends. Sorry this may be ridiculous to surmise from what we can see.

Interesting sentence from Drew’s update ?

“We cannot act independently of law enforcement when approaching the suspects we need to go after because it would ruin the prosecution’s case.”

They have people they suspect ?

I’ve never heard law enforcement use the term suspect just person of interest.

I think Drew is just using the term more loosely than we are used to. He’s not law enforcement.

Replace “suspects” with “POI’s” and it still reads as tho he has a person/persons in mind ?

JMO

“It’s very difficult and slow fighting against the machine that is Orlando politics”

That’s the most interesting thing in the update to me. What about Orlando politics is affecting this case?

When they won the case the Kesse's said upfront they were overwhelmed by the amount of material (note one judge said it would take five years to review it), the problem with the redactions (and I think F. is right those were the terms), their own lack of experience and almost certainly...money. 80,000 only on the go fund me, a drop in the bucket you see them mentioning lawyers plural and of course their investigator. If they really have a single poi/suspect it is probably manageable. "Lambast" is of course the word used by the journalist, probably an unfortunate choice. I am sorry but I think trying to do this on their own was a mistake, I really hope I am wrong. I think also they should reach out to the public more including to these sleuthing sites. I know they had unfortunate experiences with that but given their fortitude and determination in other respects it would have been great if they could have weathered it. I hope they can manage and are on to something. There could be more important piece in those files that will solve it.

This article states there is surveillance video showing the POI parking JK's car. Why has that part of the video not been released? It could possibly jog more people's memories if they see JK's auto being parked.
I know it’s on Rd’s site somewhere. I’ve read over everything pertaining to Jennifer. Not sure where it’s exactly located. I’d recommend reading everything though. It’s very informative.
www.justiceforchandra.com :: View Forum - Jennifer Kesse and similar disappearances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inquisitive11201