FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his meaning is before she leaves to go to work. JMO

That’s the way I took the initial statement he made too. I took it as early in the morning, one of the first things she did.

yes, exactly, flgrl. Rob indicated early in morning and parents changed it to while driving to work. They were already fighting OPD's initial statements that they believed Jennifer went out Monday night after that last phone call. In the end OPD acquiesced to their insistence on abducted going out to her car to go to work, but also dismissed the case and handed off to FBI, who refused to accept it. There was some PR from both agencies at times but everything stopped with accepting the narrative.

On house of broken dreams he says he called and texted her before leaving for work and then he texted her again before his staff meeting. I read in the first websleuths thread his meeting was at 9:00. I’m not sure of Rob’s commute time. If Jennifer would sometimes leave as late as 8:15 and would always call him on her commute then his morning call could have been as late say 8:30-8:40. Her commute was about 25 minutes without traffic. The good thing is le has seen their phone records so they know their habits.

This goes way back but here on WS there was in my opinion nearly universal agreement the POI was closer to 5'9. That was my estimate as well in visiting the site and looking at the gate and palm tree. I won't go into another rant about how OPD took a police spokeswoman, contorted her into something that looked like the Hunchback of Notre Dame meets Bigfoot, and then concluded the POI was my guess same height as the police spokeswoman. They were so incompetent it would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.

Regarding the POI face in third still, my main goal is to get crowdsourcing identification of what's seen in the images, so other opinions are more than welcome, but I don't think there's any ambiguity that the POI is wearing sunglasses. The frames and lens are solid. There is ambiguity in whether the chin is a chinstrap or goatee, it makes a huge difference in interpreting the type of helmet, but the sunglasses I just don't see how could be any clearer. My opinion only of course.

I see facial hair instead of a chin strap.

Regarding his height, I agree with the general consensus that the estimate is wrong. I think he’s about 5’8 or 5’9. Not sure where I got this from, but I have written in my notes 5’10.5 slightly below top cross bar and 5’4.5 slightly above lower cross bar (not at an angle).

I have the fence as 7 ft high. There is a 2 in drop for the curb.

I do have this screenshot of Drew standing about where the poi is photographed. I’m not sure how tall Drew is, but I can tell he’s a very tall man. Jennifer was 5’7 and he’s several inches taller.

Attachments

• 0F37F7AD-8849-43CF-9CC0-EE31B2F477AA.jpeg
    0F37F7AD-8849-43CF-9CC0-EE31B2F477AA.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 90
  • ECAF246C-BD21-45F8-B22C-4A7C00370156.jpeg
    ECAF246C-BD21-45F8-B22C-4A7C00370156.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 90
  • B2AAC6F2-5078-4196-AFC0-F9B2434D0318.jpeg
    B2AAC6F2-5078-4196-AFC0-F9B2434D0318.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 92
Why do you think the Kesses (and presumably their investigators) are not persuaded by the face in the third shot?

It is useful to block off parts of the face in blow ups if I block out the features I am looking fpr the "bun" (or helmet back) and think I may be able to just see it though of course am unsure. If he is turned it should not be visible.

Why do you think the Kesses (and presumably their investigators) are not persuaded by the face in the third shot?

It is useful to block off parts of the face in blow ups if I block out the features I am looking fpr the "bun" (or helmet back) and think I may be able to just see it though of course am unsure. If he is turned it should not be visible.

Like the rest of head, what isn't seen is hidden by fence rail and then palm tree. It is not a direct full frontal look at POI, which is good, but a slight angle, like POI looking to your left. The fence rail and palm tree would have to not be there to see anything of his head and helmet to rightmost side. I just now looked at a display of heads and helmets (Eurobike trade show) and if he was standing in open there would be a decent indication of shape of back of helmet but he is looking back from around the palm tree and the fence post and palm tree is hiding that.

I don't know, all we can do is look at the little info OPD and now Kesses made available of what they have, do what we can with it, and see where we can go with it. Certainly no one else is doing anything more than sitting around hoping for a phone call or deathbed confession. That seems to be the professionals approach, which is ignore all data and do nothing. Sorry if after 17 years that comes out a little harsh.

Not harsh pretty measured I think.

If I were the Kesses here is what might have happened. The horrible event of course and then the hope it will be solved the campaigns to get it solved the social media the private investigators working with LE and maybe the FBI whether directly or indirectly etc. etc. You demand the case files a bit unreasonably IMO but you get them. Now this is the part we are facing as of this moment: they MAY be on to something it MAY be true they hope to solve the case this year but I doubt it going by and just for example 1. the lake search 2. the P.I. theory of the abduction from across the hall in the morning which for all I know may have happened but is no better an idea that many put forth on WS in living rooms in entirely other states and countries 3. the fact they now want unredacted files hoping that is where the nugget of truth is there. If the suspect is from the triad work/old boyfriend/condo you would think it wouldn't need all of this data. If someone random like the blitzkrieg style mall attack and the stalking from Target store to car we have been considering I don't see what is going to be in the police files at least not likely.

Now they can't say they are stuck because they are still trying to raise money and keep public interest alive. By the way it is strange they were only able to raise that much money perhaps someone could have helped and been better at that.

The other problem is their train of thought (to SOME EXTENT) understandable that they know Jennifer entirely every habit and thought, that is a real barrier at the same time. Yes it helps public interest that Jen was pretty, nice, intelligent, of good morals but if she was none of these it would still be just as important to find out what happened and to make sure it doesn't happen to someone else though it may have.

If they could get someone to do a new investigate podcast or TV show like David Ridgen (or David Ridgen himself) i.e. someone who researches and but has an uncanny ability to get people to talk. It is the odd hypnotic voice partly he looks nothing like his voice and in interviews he is different. I do think it is a solvable case you don't need the case files to interview Rob, Jen's best friend, her family, LE (hopefully) Rob, her old boyfriend, Chino, people at work. There HAVE been some pretty good podcast though already.

And I am actually skeptical of the idea that it is impossible to track down any workers that keeps getting repeated like a mantra. In the TV episode where they blunder up to Chino's door (a TV stunt not a well planned engagement with Chino) when they show Chino the photo of the POI it really really looks like he knows who it is and is really trying not to look at the photo.

I don't know why.

I hope I am wrong and the Kesses solve the case this year!

There were only 7 maintenance workers according to the police report, and that’s who they fixate on. It’s not like there were that many. I imagine there were a lot of construction workers working on those new buildings in the back, but I doubt they ever came into contact with Jennifer unless she drove by them on her to or from work.

Attachments

• DB92B4DE-7ECD-4C21-A201-A4EDF6936457.jpeg
    DB92B4DE-7ECD-4C21-A201-A4EDF6936457.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 28
Hello. Look for suspicious cars at the time of the incident. Dude is probably a weirdo.

Last edited:
It’s strange to me that the poi would take the time to wipe down the DVD player and rebuckle it in the back seat just like Rob left it. Perhaps I’m overthinking things, but I wonder why he would do that. It seems like if he thought it had prints on it he would just remove it from her car.

Also I wonder how they were able to identify Jennifer’s prints. I don’t think she had been arrested.

Maybe from her apartement, there would be many of fingerprints so there would be a match

Why is it thought that POI did stuff with the DVD player strapped into back seat? I can see POI attempting to keep car looking like nothing took place in it, to maintain facade of Jennifer drove into HOTG and never came back to car. But I don't know why it would be suggested POI did anything with it. Just curious.

Why is it thought that POI did stuff with the DVD player strapped into back seat? I can see POI attempting to keep car looking like nothing took place in it, to maintain facade of Jennifer drove into HOTG and never came back to car. But I don't know why it would be suggested POI did anything with it. Just curious.

I really do not think the poi would wipe down the DVD player and the other objects in the car such as her flip flops, sunglasses, charger, etc to just put them back. That would be incredibly risky and time consuming. Early on, they made it seem as if the only unidentified print was the one that eventually turned out to be Jennifer’s. I personally don’t think the DVD player was disturbed by the poi. I personally don’t think that only one print was found inside the entire car. Think about all the surfaces and objects in it. For years Drew said he didn’t think she made it to her car. IMO he’s saying that due to lack of evidence inside it. I agree with him. I think she made it to the car Monday night, drove somewhere, and was attacked by either whoever she was meeting or a stranger. I think she was put in another vehicle and was never inside her car once she was in danger. The car was moved because wherever she parked it, pointed to the perp. I personally don’t think the poi spent much time inside the car. He probably got inside it with gloves on and drove it a short way to hog. He was very careful.

It was brought up a few weeks ago in this thread about why the opd had Rob look at the car. I assume he went with her to get gas Sunday night so he had a good idea of how it should look.

Attachments

• ADC26264-0528-4957-A909-0C0DBE86122B.jpeg
    ADC26264-0528-4957-A909-0C0DBE86122B.jpeg
    23.8 KB · Views: 21
Thanks flgrl. I agree with your take completely. The "print" I think we can agree was at most a partial, not enough to identify, and in my opinion was announced as something much more as a tactic to scare a potential witness into contacting police. I agree, I do not think the POI was in the car any more than was necessary to drive the car to HOTG and park it. And obviously didn't leave anything detectable behind.

Thanks flgrl. I agree with your take completely. The "print" I think we can agree was at most a partial, not enough to identify, and in my opinion was announced as something much more as a tactic to scare a potential witness into contacting police. I agree, I do not think the POI was in the car any more than was necessary to drive the car to HOTG and park it. And obviously didn't leave anything detectable behind.

These recent posts are logical and very very good. I feel foolish for wracking my brain around the problem of how the car was wiped down so perfectly. And the discussion about the Target store stalker/killer shows how quickly and easily it can happen and he was no mastermind surely he obviously he should know there might be cameras in the store.

These recent posts are logical and very very good. I feel foolish for wracking my brain around the problem of how the car was wiped down so perfectly. And the discussion about the Target store stalker/killer shows how quickly and easily it can happen and he was no mastermind surely he obviously he should know there might be cameras in the store.

Drew has said that he had "detailed" Jennifers car shortly before her disappearance , I wonder if that is why there weren't many fingerprints(I believe there was a partial print , whatever that is , and one print of Jennifers that was found in Jennifer car ?

I found this on rd’s site and hadn’t seen it posted here. Sorry if it has been. I find it very important. Drew is fact checking the 48 Hours show. He states that no workers lived across the hall. He states that no workers lived in her building even. I’m not sure what his pi was thinking with his comments on 48 hours.

There has been a lot of back and forward the last couple years re what happened it seems ?

I just got around to watching the interview Tricia did with Drew. He gives more insight into Jennifer and Rob’s fight Monday evening. They were arguing about when they were going to see each other next. The statement starts about the 5.15 minute mark of the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73