FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could this person have passed himself off as a cop? Maybe told Jennifer that there was an emergency and they needed to go to the police station but because he was on bike patrol they should take her car? There are cops that ride bikes too.

Yeah, but he would've had to have been in full uniform otherwise Jen probably wouldn't have trusted him. Plus there were no eyewitness reports of a cop riding around at the time in that area, right?

I know this is an old question but were there any kind of surveillence cameras at or around Jen's apartment that could've picked up something around her apartment?

At the time that Jenn went missing, there was no survellience cameras at her condo. They installed them about two weeks after she went missing.

Something to keep in mind is that the uniform is that of a security guard. The shoulder patch has the shape of traditional police or DoD or some security companies, such as the uniform that matches above, not Orlando police, Florida sheriff's deputies, or even Orange County corrections officers. I show the various badge shapes on the bottom of the Blowups page.

Nearly all police bike patrol that I was able to see, including Orlando police, wear shorts. This suspect is wearing long pants and white athletic socks with black shoes, a rare combination. As you can see in the picture above, that is precisely what is displayed in that security company bike patrol uniform.

Also rare for a bike patrol officer is the drop leg holster with an X26 or M9 holster shape, also shown in the security guard picture above.

Now in terms of asking people whether they saw an officer, this guy is equipped as a police officer and wearing a biking helmet, and an officer would cover it, but he is wearing a security guard uniform, and the ramifications that entails.

rd

It's now Christmas Eve and also 23 months since Jennifer Kesse was abducted in or near her condo complex in Orlando, FL on January 24, 2006. Take a moment this Christmas to say a prayer for Jenn and her loved ones and be thankful for the blessings we all have- our loved ones around us.

May the strength and courage to come forward with any information leading to Jenn find it into the heart of anyone with any information. Expect Miracles.

It's pretty much a blog as I went along puzzling out the details, Crypto6. I hope to be able to further discuss here with analytic WSers such as yourself as we search for answers to Jennifer's disappearance.

regards
rd

Fantastic work and great job, RD!!!

You are amazing and a true asset to every case you work on! Do you think that "ring" below his neck might be body hair? Some men are extremely hairy. One guy I know immediately comes to mind, as his very dark body hair was always visible above the T shirts he often wore. It was also all over his back.

In some States or municipalities, only certain ranking officers are allowed to carry tasers. One PO I know told me that only sergeants are allowed to carry them in her district.

Yeah, but he would've had to have been in full uniform otherwise Jen probably wouldn't have trusted him. Plus there were no eyewitness reports of a cop riding around at the time in that area, right?

I know this is an old question but were there any kind of surveillence cameras at or around Jen's apartment that could've picked up something around her apartment?

Security uniforms do look like police uniforms unless you look real close. If he told her it was an emergency to do with her family she might have just been so frightened that she didn't really check him out.

There were no eye witnesses at all. Whether it was a security person or someone Jennifer thought was a cop no one would have seen him. This person could have been watching...stalking her without her knowledge before she went on vacation and could have casually asked someone where she was acting like a friend or something. He could have been in regular clothes then.
Who ever it was either knew that she had just returned or they just happened upon her there by her car. I wonder if we will ever know what happened to Jennifer.

hi haypaula, thanks so much for your kind words. Here are two different size enlargements of the neck in photo two of the suspect as he passes the gate. The neck has the same mark in the photo of him just before the gate.

kessedarkened22.jpg

kessedarkened23.jpg

You can clearly see white skin below and above the mark, which I think has the texture of a bruise. Some have thought it was part of his chinstrap for his biking helmet, others have thought a shadow.

I don't think it's possible to have a shadow ring around his neck, either as a real shadow or an image discoloration, etc., looking identical in both pictures. I am biased somewhat by the fact that this person probably just abducted Jennifer a few hours prior, and I think it is a bruise related to the abduction.

It's a good question. Other thoughts on it are welcome.

rd

Hey rd ..

Everytime I look at the pic I think of a big gold chain (gang chain).

Thanks for all you do to help ...

~

From www.findjenniferkesse.com

Family Letter – November/December 2007

We would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone an enjoyable and safe Holiday Season. We thank you for all the support you have given Jennifer and our family through the past 23 months but most importantly we thank you for not giving up on Jennifer and for helping and continuing to keep the awareness of her Abduction on 1/24/2006, strong, growing and alive. Please know that Jennifer’s case is not cold! Tips still to this day come in from numerous sources and it is because of your efforts that will ultimately help bring home Jennifer. There is more manpower, resources and energy at this point in time working Jennifer’s case than any other time in the past. The authorities will not give up, they have assured us of that and truly believe Jennifer will be found.

We are planning events for the 2 year mark since Jennifer’s abduction and they will be finalized soon. We know we will be on “The Corner”(John Young Parkway & Americana Blvd.) Thursday, 1/24/2008 for the morning and the evening rush hours, holding Jennifer’s Reward Posters to remind people she is still Missing and endangered . We are also planning a community event for 1/26/08 in Orlando and those details will follow in early January, so please check back then.

The proposed Missing Persons Law we are working on is doing very well (please see front page of website for details of proposed law and how you can help). We have secured sponsors in the Senate, Sen. Lee Constantine of Altamonte Springs and in the House of Representative, Rep. Evan Jenne of Davie, with approximately 12 co-sponsors and growing. FDLE has done great work in writing the proposed Bills as well as gaining support for them to proceed. We will keep you posted as it goes through committees and the help we will need to contact committee members to express your support for the Bills.

Many people ask us how do we stay positive and focused. Mostly it is our unconditional love for Jennifer which will never waiver. One of our many volunteers recently passed this writing on to us and we thought it explains our positive attitudes and hope. We hope it can help others who face negative experiences on any level.

With humbled thanks,

Drew, Joyce, Logan Kesse and Rob Allen

THE DAILY MOTIVATOR

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Positive experience

+++++++++++++++++++

The best response to a negative experience is to create a positive experience. Instead of fighting against life's misfortunes, transform them into useful and worthwhile value.

When things go wrong, you have a choice. You can wallow in self pity or you can seize the opportunity for self improvement.

In every disappointment there is the seed of fulfillment. In every weakness there is the seed of strength.

Problems and difficulties provide reliable pathways to achievement. There is value to be gained from every experience when you choose to see that value and to bring it about.

You never have to be the victim of random circumstance, or of any other circumstance for that matter. For instead of choosing to be the victim, you can always choose to make a positive difference.

Life is often unfair, and comes to you in ups and downs, but that doesn't really matter. For you are free to make of it whatever you choose.

Ralph Marston

A heartfelt letter from the Kesses, UCFAlumni. I don't know how far along the police are, but there has to be something they're making progress on for the Kesses to be told that more resources are working on finding Jennifer than ever before.

To drumstick, you're welcome indeed. Is it a chain around his neck? On an LCD monitor there is a darker round spot at the back of the neck in that discoloration. The marking may be that of something encircling his neck, like a chain or associated with a collar, and the marking may be too large and wide for even a shallow bruise from autoasphyxiation. But that's my suspicion of what it is unless we're able to find something else that looks like it.

It looks too high and wide on the neck for a necklace or chain to me. But maybe there's something more uniform related that it could be associated with.

Here are enlargements of the head and neck from photo one and photo two which might give some additional perspective. I was not able to enlarge photo one as much as photo two without it getting blurry.

rd

firststillofpoi17.jpg

kessedarkened23.jpg

Hey rd ...

Yes, I see what you mean. My first thought is a chain and then I got the impression just now that it could be a strap of some kind.
If he was carrying Jen's bag (briefcase) under his left arm with the shoulder strap around his neck, that could be what we are seeing on the neck area?

thanks again~

Perhaps we have some people with different experience that can shed light on possibilities. I haven't seen anything that would go around the neck like this, as in for example a bag strap. But maybe someone else has. Would someone put a bag strap around their neck, drumstick? That's an interesting suggestion.

rd

Perhaps we have some people with different experience that can shed light on possibilities. I haven't seen anything that would go around the neck like this, as in for example a bag strap. But maybe someone else has. Would someone put a bag strap around their neck, drumstick? That's an interesting suggestion.

rd

I was thinking a lanyard. http://www.lanyardsupply.com/

RD, Have you forwarded your research on to Jennifers family? I feel your findings are very specific and spot on.

SuziQ, I notified them on their tips line a couple of times, once when I first found holster and shoulder patch (hadn't found the face yet at the time), and again when I found the matching security guard uniform and equipment.

I'm pretty sure that it was their forwarding of the info that got a short return call from the Orlando police, otherwise I have heard nothing from anyone.

It's one of those things where one hopes it helps but one has no idea if it is.

rd

SuziQ, I notified them on their tips line a couple of times, once when I first found holster and shoulder patch (hadn't found the face yet at the time), and again when I found the matching security guard uniform and equipment.

I'm pretty sure that it was their forwarding of the info that got a short return call from the Orlando police, otherwise I have heard nothing from anyone.

It's one of those things where one hopes it helps but one has no idea if it is.

rd

A short call back from OPD is a great sign. An explanation of the odd dress the POI was wearing and the strange hairdo, hat, was what OPD really wanted and you got it right on. Fantastic work RD.

From a strap around the neck angle, I took a quick look at the lanyard link. I need to look it over pretty carefully. I see some things there that could potentially answer a question I've had.

First, the question:

kessedarkened24.jpg

This is what I've written about this object so far -

Further analyzing the images I have posted in Blowup of Jennifer Kesse person of interest / suspect, I examined the remainder of what is commonly believed to be the "arm" in surveillance photo two released by police that turned out to be, at least the lower part, what appears to be a baton or flashlight (not shown in this cutout).

So what is above the baton that looks like an arm? The baton goes up to the duty belt and its rounded top is precisely at the same level as the top of holster. A fence post is between the two where they join the duty belt.

The duty belt is a couple of inches wide. You can see it through the gate lock as it wraps around in front of the suspect.

The duty belt also forms a lateral black line (seen at bottom of picture here), a couple of inches above the rounded top of the baton. This straight line, extending out from the fencepost running down between the holster and baton, creates an optical illusion. It appears to be the bottom of a white sleeve, with the "arm" continuing on down at a slight tilt in a straight line, as if the suspect were marching and swung his arm back and down rigidly.

But the baton/flashlight is not his arm, and the straight black line across is not the bottom of his shirt sleeve. The white shirt showing is just that of his back, above the duty belt.

But in analyzing the remainder of this optical illusion, there is an object above the baton on the white shirt, about mid-back level on the left side. I puzzled over this for quite some time. It clearly has a 3-D look to it.

I considered something mid-back supported by his duty belt, but the options, OC spray container, radio, latex glove pouch, did not resemble it and are not carried that high off the belt. Going up and down it just didn't make much sense.

As I searched on what this could be I considered a logo on his back, but it had far too much depth. It has a zig-zaggy look to it as you look at it up and down. It appears it could be something on his left shoulder or something just behind him.

It appears to me that the top of the object is a belt clip. It may be a simple shoulder harness connector, it could be something on a belt over his shoulder. It appears to have a 90 degree angle near the bottom.

I can't find anything which resembles this in law enforcement accessories catalogues. Hopefully someone will recognize what this is and we can narrow down what our suspect is doing.

rd

Anyone looking at the Meredith Emerson thread? Another 24 year old missing and supposedly she is safety conscious as well like Jenn... just odd. Wonder where the POI in that case was in Jan 2006.

Thursday, January 24th will mark two years since Jennifer Kesse was abducted from in or near her Orlando, FL condominium. Come show your support for Jenn and her family and friends at the corner of John Young Parkway and Conroy Road in Orlando, FL during morning and evening rush hours to keep the awareness alive for Jenn and remind the community that she is still out there and needs to be brought home.

Great News out of the Florida House of Representatives today regarding HB 223.... It passed its first committee vote unanimously!

If you live in Florida, please email your Representatives to vote and support HB 223 and your Senators to vote and support it's counterpart SB 502!

HB 223 - Missing Persons
spacer.gif
GENERAL BILL by Jenne (CO-SPONSORS) Bucher; Carroll; Galvano; Holder; Nehr; Porth; Robaina; SotoMissing Persons: Requires law enforcement agencies to adopt written policies & procedures for investigating missing person reports & to submit information to specified databases; provides immunity from civil liability for certain persons involving such reports; requires law enforcement agency to obtain DNA sample after person has been missing more than 90 days & requires FDLE to adopt rules establishing procedures for such DNA sampling & analysis, contingent on appropriation of federal funds; renames Missing Children Information Clearinghouse as "Missing Persons and Children Information Clearinghouse"; requires clearinghouse to collect & process information regarding missing children, missing persons younger than 26 years of age, & missing persons suspected of being in danger or crime victims.Effective Date: July 1, 2008. Last Event: Favorable with 1 amendments by Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety on Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:00 PM
spacer.gif
Referred Committees and Committee Actions:
- Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety On agenda for: 01/09/08 2:15 PMNoticeFavorable With Amendments (1) (final action)See Votes- Safety & Security Council- Policy & Budget Council
spacer.gif
Related Bills:
Bill #SubjectRelationshipSB 502Missing Persons/Investigation [SPCC]Similar​
spacer.gif
Bill Text:
spacer.gif
Staff Analysis:
spacer.gif
Vote History:
(no votes recorded)​
spacer.gif
Bill History:
EventTimeMemberCommitteeFavorable with 1 amendments by Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety Wednesday, January 09, 2008 3:00 PM Committee on Homeland Security & Public SafetyAdded to Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety agendaWednesday, January 02, 2008 4:05 PM Committee on Homeland Security & Public SafetyNow in Committee on Homeland Security & Public SafetyWednesday, December 19, 2007 3:02 PM Committee on Homeland Security & Public SafetyReferred to Committee on Homeland Security & Public Safety by Safety & Security CouncilWednesday, December 19, 2007 3:02 PM Committee on Homeland Security & Public SafetyNow in Safety & Security CouncilWednesday, December 12, 2007 5:04 PM Safety & Security CouncilReferred to Policy & Budget CouncilWednesday, December 12, 2007 5:04 PM Policy & Budget CouncilReferred to Safety & Security CouncilWednesday, December 12, 2007 5:04 PM Safety & Security CouncilFiledThursday, November 01, 2007 2:19 PM Jenne Statutes Referenced by this Bill937.021937.022​

I don't know if you are aware, but thought I would let you know we were informed that Leftcoast has passed away. Rightcoast is a friend of his who has worked with him on the DB Cooper case and posted a note on that thread about him.

I am very saddened by his passing and he is truly going to be missed in so many ways. I know he worked long hours on this case for Jennifer and we should say a prayer that now he can help lead her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600