FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
A profiler on CNN once speculated... the person had no vehicle of his/her own so the vehicle was dumped close by. That could support the transient worker thory... and it's possible a work truck was used for disposal.
Assuming the perp was affiliated with Millenia in any type of worker/sub-contractor situation... that leads to a very possible situation that the "wellness check" meant the perp had to get rid of the car ASAP.. but since it was a panic response... he/she dumped it close by

Where did the person go in her car for 4 hours without her?

How did the person get her car with the landscapers in the area?

How would they know that it was her car at all since the abduction didn't take place at or near her car? (Are the parking places marked with corresponding apt. numbers?)

Is it possible that Jenn went willingly with someone to go for coffee or breakfast to explain why there was no screaming etc. and they went out the back way to this person's condo or car?

LE knew, with a high degree of accuracy, the exact route Jen drove from her last fill-up until her disappearance. They could/should have measured the exact amount of gas missing from her tank. This would tell exactly how much gas was used since the last fill-up. Using either manufacturer's estimated mileage or, better, using her car to retrace the exact route, they could determine how much gas was "missing"(ie how many miles the perp drove). It is very unliley that Jen did not drive directly to work Monday morning and, in light of how tired she was, it is unliely that she went anywhere much out of her was on the way home Monday night. (if she stopped for groceries or something, it is unlikely she went much out of her way). An accurate estimate of how much gas the perp used would tell a lot.

The frame of the (probable) perp walking pas the fence gives an excellent opportunity to guage the perps exact height. LE could have someone stand (with each foot) on the exact point the perp was standing during the frame.(there are markes on the sidewalk to use). They would then identify two marks on the fence that apper to be the exact height of the unknown perp and run a string between these points. They would then run a string (or more likley a laser) from the camera to the string between points on the fence and extend it to the person standing on the sidewalk. The point this line from the camera hits the person standing should be a very accurate estimate of the perps height. The only margin for error would be the perps posture and I bet an educated eye could adjust for this. The result could be checked by having someone 5'5" stand on that point and run the camera again.

The FBI certainly has the resources to preform these tests.

The questions I have about the landscapers is 1) what time did they start that morning? 2) how close to Jen parking space were they? 3)how many other cars were parked near Jen's space?

The gas measurment should have told LE if Jen's car was actually used in the crime (rather than simply moved as a red herring). An accurate height measurment should have eliminated about 90% of potential suspects. If Jen's car was not used in the crime, the perp had a very specific reason for returning to the Millenia, such as he either lived or worked there. If Jen's car was used, he could have had business there or he could have returned to retrieve his car. If the perp targeted Jen from elsewhere or mearly "hung out" at the Millenia, why return after he drop off her car? Four hours after an abductions, people start looking and paying attention.

Either way, it seems like we have a very short man with ties to the Millenia; not really that big a pool of potential suspects. That is if and only if the forensics were done right.

It is a huge IF, imo. I wish the FBI or OPD would release the exact tests and results they used to determine the height to clarify the issue they could be mistaken. If the person truly is smaller then the gait and the size of the feet should put them in an even smaller category of suspects. (Altho, the perp and the one in the car could be different people...they have to both be related to Jenn in this case in some way.)

I agree with the idea for determining approximately how much gas was used, but it would only be an assumption she didn't travel outside the normal area for her. I hope this was done. If she had stopped at a store, there should have been fresh items in the fridge such as milk etc. They could have easily determined where they were purchased and when.

I thought they did estimate the amount of gas to be correct for where she'd been?

They could have. I don't remember it tho. Maybe I missed it or slept since then. ;)

How would LE know the person driving the car didn't add gas during the time they had the car?

I read somewhere that she had "about" half a tank, which was "about right" for the trip fro Ft Lauderdale. This is not good enopugh.

I keep thinking about the mailman.

When they did the GVS interview it was done around the same time of day when Jenn's car was left. There was a mailman's vehicle parked in what appeared to be in the next spot over or very close to where Jenn's car was found.

Did they ever interview him? Was he the same mailman from the Condos where Jenn lived? What did he notice, if anything, that day? When does the tape show him coming into the driveway at the apartments?

I read somewhere that she had "about" half a tank, which was "about right" for the trip fro Ft Lauderdale. This is not good enopugh.

Most cars use a float system to gauge the gas. The float rides up and down on two rods. The rods have a coating on them that is deteriorated over time by the sulphur content of the gas. Using cheap gas with high sulphur content erodes it more quickly. This will make gas gauges wrong over the course of time. Her car was not real old but may have had high gauge wear if she used cheap gas on a regular basis. She may have actually had 3/8 or 5/8 of a tank when the car was found.

You are right in saying that the gas should have been measured. They could have used EPA mileage estimates minus about 12 % to get a fairly accurate reading on her actual miles driven. EPA estimates are notoriously high for conditions outside of a lab.

IMHO, the perp dumped her fairly close and did not put a whole lot of mileage on her car. My opinion and actually doing the due dilligence of measuring are not necessarily equal.

I agree with Bobby...I think she was dumped close, like Caylee. Due to the fact that she most likely was abducted after she left her apartment on her way to work - this would be between 730-8ish? And her car was dumped a few hours later. This didn't give the perp much time.
It may sound morbid - and I apologize - but could she have been dumped in a dumpster? and her body out there somewhere??
I just don't see how SO many people searched for her - including TES, and she is STILL not found.
The perp could NOT have had time to actually BURY her??!!
I pray daily that she is found...
I am also wondering what we should actually be LOOKING for?! Her missing things??

I wonder if they searched surrounding dumpsters after she was missing. To me, that would be the #1 place to put anything...
no one goes digging around dumpsters.
I hope LE has more than they are letting on and it's only a matter of time before she is found and the person (S) brought to justice.

Drumstick: Thanks for the link re DNA.

Question about Touch DNA:

The article at this link mentions collecting samples using the swabbing, cutting, scraping, or tape lift methods.

Do we think samples were collected from Jennifer’s car back in 2006 and were preserved to do this kind of testing/analysis, but were not successful in obtaining a DNA profile? The steering wheel, gear shift, door locks, driver’s seat, etc.? I know the car was later released back to the family…

================
Humans shed tens of thousands of skin cells each day, and these cells are transferred to every surface our skin contacts. When a crime is committed, if the perpetrator deposits a sufficient number of skin cells on an item at the scene, and that item is collected as possible evidence, touch DNA analysis may be able to link the perpetrator to the crime scene. Touch DNA has been successfully sampled from countless items including gun grips, steering wheels, eating utensils, and luggage handles, just to name a few.

However, since Touch DNA is usually deposited in smaller amounts than the DNA found in bloodstains or other body fluids, it is more difficult to obtain DNA profiles from touch DNA samples. The key to obtaining successful Touch DNA results depends on recognizing items which may be suitable for Touch DNA analysis and using the sampling technique that will recover the highest number of skin cells.

http://www.bodetech.com/technologies/touch-dna/touch-dna-overview

Where did the person go in her car for 4 hours without her?

How did the person get her car with the landscapers in the area?

How would they know that it was her car at all since the abduction didn't take place at or near her car? (Are the parking places marked with corresponding apt. numbers?)

Is it possible that Jenn went willingly with someone to go for coffee or breakfast to explain why there was no screaming etc. and they went out the back way to this person's condo or car?

The parking spaces were marked - Jennifer's was marked 2226. See link to picture of condo building and her parking space - there are parking spaces on all sides of the building (zoom in for better view).

IMO, I don't think she went willingly for coffee/breakfast with anyone. I think she may have been threatened with a knife, gun, or knocked unconscious, could have been 1-2 males, not sure, but I think something like that happened.

Attachments

• Jennifer Kesse - Mosaic Pics.jpg
    Jennifer Kesse - Mosaic Pics.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 31
The Developer (Millenia Luxury Condominiums, which is linked to Key Realty Advisors, located in Coconut Grove/Miami) and KW Property Management were responsible for a lot/most of those workers on the complex. Key Realty Advisors have/had a number of projects/properties (condominium, residential and commercial property) throughout Florida (Miami, Clearwater, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Davie, Plantation, Coral Gables, Coconut Grove) and have foreign offices in South America.

When and how thoroughly were the developers, property managers, and workers questioned by LE (how many did they locate)? Did LE use the picture of the suspect during the questioning? Have they gone back to the beginning and re-interviewed the Developer, Property Management, and workers? How much effort have they put into locating/tracking down any workers they couldn’t originally find/question?

Drumstick: Thanks for the link re DNA.

Question about Touch DNA:

The article at this link mentions collecting samples using the swabbing, cutting, scraping, or tape lift methods.

Do we think samples were collected from Jennifer’s car back in 2006 and were preserved to do this kind of testing/analysis, but were not successful in obtaining a DNA profile? The steering wheel, gear shift, door locks, driver’s seat, etc.? I know the car was later released back to the family…

================
Humans shed tens of thousands of skin cells each day, and these cells are transferred to every surface our skin contacts. When a crime is committed, if the perpetrator deposits a sufficient number of skin cells on an item at the scene, and that item is collected as possible evidence, touch DNA analysis may be able to link the perpetrator to the crime scene. Touch DNA has been successfully sampled from countless items including gun grips, steering wheels, eating utensils, and luggage handles, just to name a few.

However, since Touch DNA is usually deposited in smaller amounts than the DNA found in bloodstains or other body fluids, it is more difficult to obtain DNA profiles from touch DNA samples. The key to obtaining successful Touch DNA results depends on recognizing items which may be suitable for Touch DNA analysis and using the sampling technique that will recover the highest number of skin cells.

http://www.bodetech.com/technologies/touch-dna/touch-dna-overview

That's what I'm thinking... Detective Wright didn't go into details and only said that the amount of DNA is too small to do a comparison but maybe with future advances that problem will be solved.
They must be sure who's DNA it is (the driver) to even talk about it.

If the suspect wasn't wearing gloves I'm thinking they could have a partial print or DNA from the seat control since the suspect is reported to be shorter than Jennifer or the rear view mirror. He could have picked up misc. items in the car to see if there was any value in stealing them.
I think in those 30 seconds he sat there before getting out of the car he might have been wiping down the steering wheel.

I still believe this case is solvable with the small DNA they have and down the road we'll see it matched up.

IIRC, they did search the dumpsters there and at HOTG.

We don't know when they were searched.

They could have been dumped several times before anyone checked them in the immediate area.

They didn't even find her car. And it was parked in plain view only a mile away.

A local resident of HOTG found the car and called it in.

I believe it was then they did search the dumpsters tho. However, we don't know when they were dumped prior to searching them. IIRC, the one at HOTG had not been dumped between leaving the car and finding the car.

I have followed this case from the beginning and my honest opinion about the whole thing is that a worker maybe happened to be walking by her apartment the same time she was leaving - saw this as an oppurtunity and struck. that being the reason that the others didn't see her walk to her car as they normally did.
I don't think this was someone she left willingly with. Now how no one saw this person 'take' her car - that is another question. But, the person who took her could have just gotten lucky. Just has he got lucky walking past that gate TWO times w/ no one seeing his face.
My opinion is that it is an illegal alien and they fled this country and is now back where they came from. OR could be in the area - who knows.
I hope LE has more than they are letting on, and I hope her parents do too.
I feel SO badly for her family and friends! And as her father stated, no one just 'disappears'! she is out there and so is the perp.
~ just needed to vent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member